• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: PSW1: Seahawks @ Raiders Tomorrow night 6:00 FOX/710 ESPN/ KIRO Radio 97.3

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this with the strides the defense made back half of the season, I'm encouraged they should take another step. Now if we're talking 6 games in and the defense looks horrid, than Norton needs to be fired.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not claiming Norton is a great DC, just disagreeing he should have been fired after how the defense improved in 2020. If I am full of shit for stating the defense improved a great deal, then you are totally out of touch with the truth.

I never disagreed with you on that, I openly said the defense did improve down the stretch of the season … We went from historically bad to respectful, but I still don’t trust Norton, he just seems to get incredibly predictable… I hope he has learned and improves, this is his 6th or 7th year as a D coordinator so maybe he’s learning and improving… I hope

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never disagreed with you on that, I openly said the defense did improve down the stretch of the season … We went from historically bad to respectful, but I still don’t trust Norton, he just seems to get incredibly predictable… I hope he has learned and improves, this is his 6th or 7th year as a D coordinator so maybe he’s learning and improving… I hope
If Norton was able to "learn and improve" he'd have gone shopping for better plays by now.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Norton was able to "learn and improve" he'd have gone shopping for better plays by now.

Just having hope … Maybe he’ll at the very least not put us in bad situations… I won’t hold my breath

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I look at what Norton did with Bobby, KJ and Plug a name in here all I can say is he knows how to coach. KJ was never fast or some monster his game was based on his smarts, Those smarts were directly handed down to him from Norton. Numerous people have said it many times before "This defense is Pete's and he holds a tight rein on it." When that defense fails it's one of two things. Pete and the DC have not adjusted to the personal or the personal is not talented enough to play his style of defense.

I think to many of us are getting a little Bias and think we have had better talent than we really did. Sad thing is when you see a player like Dunlap come in and shine and just be an above average DE and people thinking he found the fountain of youth. To me it's more likely the talent level we had before him was much worse than we thought. Many of you thought Griffin was a Stud CB but he was an Average to at best slightly above average. Heck FLOWERS had a better rating than Griffin. They Bring in Diggs, a Player that was beat out all be it barely for the starting Safety job in Detroit but was to good to keep off the field so they moved him to the Nickle corner. Hawks drop Diggs in at safety and pow! he is looked at as a Probowl Safety. Did he just improve that much or was it Pete and Nortons coaching and scheme and the fact that the talent before him was a little worse than we thought?

This was a talent starved team, thanks in part to some very big contracts they handed out and the trading away of a ton of capital. Cant turn a turd into a gold bar but this coaching staff turned a turd into a play off team. Well this staff AND Russell Wilson. They have added some talented pieces and with that Draft capital falling back into place in short order we should continue to see an uptick in young talent on this roster in the coming years ( if they don't trade it all away again ) .

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also have to remember one thing before we jump on Norton. It's preseason and he's running a vanilla to sub vanilla defense. Let's see where this defense is at 1/4 of the way through regular season.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also have to remember one thing before we jump on Norton. It's preseason and he's running a vanilla to sub vanilla defense. Let's see where this defense is at 1/4 of the way through regular season.

But this is America. I want to overreact now!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this is America. I want to overreact now!
Ill Allow It Spanish GIF