• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game #2 Patriots vs Texans 8/19/2017

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comments and BB's press conference make for incredible discussion.

Cyrus Jones will make the team. BB said that his returns have taken a "huge" load off Amendola and Edelman. That in itself says that Jones has a spot as the returner and will be allowed to work on his defense.

Lucien is not working with TB or JG because there are other people that BB wants to see get some reps in real games. Edelman dropped or missed two Brady passes, Gronk and Cooks were not targeted. M. Mitchell made a great catch and run on his one pass reception from JG. Austin will be a make or break against the Lions as will Tony Washington who make a couple of really good snags against the Texans. My guess is that Washington and Lucien will be gone.

Johnathan Jones shit his pants against the Texans. He missed two open field tackles horribly. If I didn't know better I'd would say he had taken a tab of LSD before the game. He looked ugly. Jordan Richard didn't make any big plays but played 10x better than he did against the Jags. Ghung must have kicked him in the ass.

The Lions game will be the starters chance to show that they should be starters or they'll show that they shouldn't.

Rumor is that the Patriots are calling teams about potential cuts for potential trades. Primarily offensive tackles and outside linebackers.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comments and BB's press conference make for incredible discussion.

Cyrus Jones will make the team. BB said that his returns have taken a "huge" load off Amendola and Edelman. That in itself says that Jones has a spot as the returner and will be allowed to work on his defense.

Lucien is not working with TB or JG because there are other people that BB wants to see get some reps in real games. Edelman dropped or missed two Brady passes, Gronk and Cooks were not targeted. M. Mitchell made a great catch and run on his one pass reception from JG. Austin will be a make or break against the Lions as will Tony Washington who make a couple of really good snags against the Texans. My guess is that Washington and Lucien will be gone.

Johnathan Jones shit his pants against the Texans. He missed two open field tackles horribly. If I didn't know better I'd would say he had taken a tab of LSD before the game. He looked ugly. Jordan Richard didn't make any big plays but played 10x better than he did against the Jags. Ghung must have kicked him in the ass.

The Lions game will be the starters chance to show that they should be starters or they'll show that they shouldn't.

Rumor is that the Patriots are calling teams about potential cuts for potential trades. Primarily offensive tackles and outside linebackers.

The comment about Jones makes a lot of sense, and to be honest he should improve with more reps. One the Edelman misses IMO was not on Edelman he laid out for a TB pass and was well guarded, one of those 50/50 passes IMO. I agree Mitchell looked good I really l like this kid.

I agree J. Jones has not impressed. Any update on Roberts that you have heard?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty interesting how two people can see the same play and completely disagree on what happened. With said....You are wrong! :yes::pound:
Replays are part of the problem. A super slow-mo distorts the perspective because the time element is part of the action. It makes a wiggle look like a move and a bobble look like a grasp then release. At that point any individual bias can grasp onto an element of the play that just didn't really exist in the live action play.

In short, a slow-mo allows a fan a bigger chance to see what they want to see.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Rappaport tweeted that Roberts suffered an injury to his ribs. X-rays and MRI showed nothing broken but he's extremely sore. Langi and Freeny will fill in and Roberts could fall in the depth chart if he can't play in Detroit. Roberts suffered a non-contact injury early in camp, got dinged up against the jags and carted off against the Texans. His style of play is not condusive to completing a 16 game 100% healthy.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Rappaport tweeted that Roberts suffered an injury to his ribs. X-rays and MRI showed nothing broken but he's extremely sore. Langi and Freeny will fill in and Roberts could fall in the depth chart if he can't play in Detroit. Roberts suffered a non-contact injury early in camp, got dinged up against the jags and carted off against the Texans. His style of play is not condusive to completing a 16 game 100% healthy.
Ouch I have had rib injuries it's amazing how it affects the rest of the body.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally got to watch the game and read these comments...good shit all around. Couple things for me.

-Defense is terrible at tacking, right now.
-Butler seems to giving up the big plays in the passing game. On the TD, he feel down. Then was out jumped on a deep pass down the sidelines...Man if he was only 6-2.
-Rowe played good.
-Ealy showed the fuck up.
-Langi is just blowing my mind. Dude is gonna make an impact.
-Cy Jones baby....I'm rooting for him.
-Freeny sucks and has no business on the field.
-Gotta get another SS cause Richards is just terrible.
-Still think they need a Vet DE
-Guy was very good.

-Offense was, meh...seems the wanted to run the ball. Makes sense because they passed in all the joint practices.
-Gillislee needs to get back soon, or I am gonna start to worry. This hammy was an issue in the offseason. He practiced starting camp, then has no been back.
-JG had one bad play, and I seriously think he was trying to throw it out of bounds, but just didn't get it high enough. Good learning play.
-Really liking J.Douglas for the swing OG Spot and Karras for the back up C/OG spot.
-Cannot see Lucian making this team, and when does Carr get the Foxboro Flu???

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a couple of comments from the cheap seats.........

Malcolm Butler.........Both the Jaguars and Texans exposed his greatest weakness. Physical Height. He's 'officially' 5'9". The reality is that he's closer to 5'7-1/2". Going up against 6'3" and 6'4" WRs puts him at an extreme disadvantage. He can jump vertically 37" but these kids coming out of college are 6'5" and have a vertical of 39-43". I'm beginning to understand why BB didn't give him $14M a year. Now that the Jags and Texans have exposed him, I think we'll see more huge WR on the field that he'll have to try to figure out. Professional sports are getting bigger and bigger and the little guys have to be unbelievable, not just great........

Jacoby Brissett..........Just can't seem to take advantage of his opportunities. Two weeks in a row BB has given him the team with 2:00 minutes to play and he has done nothing, nada, nil, zero. Is having a non performing QB taking a spot on the roster the best move? In a pinch, Edelman can QB.

Jordan Richards........May be playing his way off the team. BB drafted him for his football IQ and performance at Stanford. He may have to fall back on his degree to get a job because he sure doesn't look like he's an NFL football player.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, Ellington got away with a pretty blatant push on that long sideline pass, Butler had it pretty well covered until then. He did get clowned bad on the TD to Strong, though. MB has his "shortcomings," but he's still a pretty good CB all things considered.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, Ellington got away with a pretty blatant push on that long sideline pass, Butler had it pretty well covered until then. He did get clowned bad on the TD to Strong, though. MB has his "shortcomings," but he's still a pretty good CB all things considered.[/QUOTE]

But he is still a #2

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm cool with that, but he's also one of the better #2's and there are only a handful of #1's in the league at the moment. And at the moment he's paid llke a good #3...the pluses far outweigh the negatives with Butler is all I'm saying.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm cool with that, but he's also one of the better #2's and there are only a handful of #1's in the league at the moment. And at the moment he's paid llke a good #3...the pluses far outweigh the negatives with Butler is all I'm saying.

I love Butler but he better get his head in the game because everybody's watching.
He's becoming the target of choice and the receivers are getting the best of him.
He could double his pay this year or make everybody nervous.
Get back to being Scrap!!!!!