• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prediction: Game #8: @ Oklahoma St.

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never been so happy to say "I am wrong" since my honeymoon night! The Mountaineer D was FANTASTIC, and the game plan was phenomenal. It was a great day to be a Mountaineer!!!

But, another big game looms, against "#27" Oklahoma St. The Pokes have revenge on their mind, and a wild and crazy crowd. They have athletes all over the field, and the added advantage of the hunger of redemption on their mind. Any one in their right mind will pick Oklahoma State to win this game.

However, I am NOT in my right mind after drinking Blue 'n' Gold Kool-Aid! :omg::suds:
WVU wins...on a last second field goal in a relatively low scoring game.

WVU 30
Oklahoma St. 27

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WV has confidence and will take it to the next level.

WV 50 OKState 24

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a close game....teams going to have a tough time not coming out flat.....and a difficult place to play......may end up in a shoot out in OT.....

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet again, I stick with my season prediction, although the score is slightly altered...

OSU 34
WVU 31

I think we'll come out flat early and have to fight back late, coming up just short. DH tries a 76 yard FG to tie it. It hits the crossbar and bounces back, no good.

DrPhil58

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do hope WVU comes out here and wins this game or I will throw away all my WVU gear!

I do expect this to be a close game OK St is coming off one of their worst offensive performances in a long time and will want to payback what WVU did to them last year. I'm going to predict that WVU will some how pull this one out 41-38.

I hope this one doesn't go into overtime or WVU lose, because it would be a long drive back home (even though I live only three hours away). Let's go...Mountaineers.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you guys don't have a let down this week after such a big win. This has trap game written all over it.

jarringjev

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team has a reason to win this weekend. Bowl eligibility. It would be great to win this one and start moving up the Big 12 bowl pecking order. WV 37 - 34

4down and 20 is right. This is a trap game because its out there and those paddles look imposing. Too bad parents does not use them on their children's rear.

Last edited by a moderator:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I know most of us expect WVU to win the Okie St. game, WVU is not favored to win.

For the Okie St game to be a trap game, WVU has to be expected to win.

I expect WVU to win. Okie St is having trouble with its O-line, the QB is not very mobile and there was talk he could be replaced this weekend with a true freshman.

I think WVU has the team leadership in place to ensure the kids stay focused this week.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I know most of us expect WVU to win the Okie St. game, WVU is not favored to win.

For the Okie St game to be a trap game, WVU has to be expected to win.

I expect WVU to win. Okie St is having trouble with its O-line, the QB is not very mobile and there was talk he could be replaced this weekend with a true freshman.

I think WVU has the team leadership in place to ensure the kids stay focused this week.

Well hell, that is shocking that WVU isn't favored. However, they might be before the game is played this weekend, looks like the line is moving in that direction. Still, I figured Vegas would start out with you guys favored.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at this game from a different view. First, TCU demolished OK. St. last weekend. So the questions remains: Was it because TCU is that good or OK. St. is that bad? I say a little of both. I am gonna ride the momentum here and say WVU keeps it going. The team is gelling and getting more and more confident. Now that happens when your #2 and #3 players step up because it breeds competition and makes everybody better. WVU wins going away 34-21.

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okie St is puzzle of a team. They opened the season looking strong against FSU. But in retrospect, I think it was more FSU not being in sync rather the OSU playing well. Since that game, they have done just enough to win. They beat Kansas by 7 just before being brutalized by TCU. Their offensive numbers have not been great and fall short of the past few seasons. They have given up more yards than they have accumulated. If WVU doesn't have a big let down from the Baylor win - I do not see how WVU does not win big. I am betting they stay grounded and focus on the task at hand.

WVU 38
OSU 24

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Walsh going to play?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trap game....let down game whatever you want to call it....after a week of people calling for heismans and conf titles the team loses focus and reads to many headlines.

Ok St 42 WVU 14

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trap game....let down game whatever you want to call it....after a week of people calling for heismans and conf titles the team loses focus and reads to many headlines.

Ok St 42 WVU 14

Not gonna happen this year!!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What to predict? I thought we had no chance last week and we won convincingly, I think this game is won by the team who is tougher mentally, if OSU is down in the dumps over their big loss, WVU wins, if WVU is too cocky over their big win last week, OSU wins. I like our chances, I loved the improved defense, WVU wins 35-17

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
minus the Bama game playing in the road has meant sloppy play / sleepwalking a little but in the end a win. OSU will prob be about as focused for this game as they were for Florida State. That KR guy scares the crap out of me and I'll be surprised if doesn't get a big return or 2 against our Special teams units. Usually gotta have defense and run game clicking to get it done on the road, Chestnut is out, how healthy is Worley? Is Shell gonna be ok? A lot of question marks but we DO have some nice SR. leadership I think and we have Bradley game planning to go against their weak spot on offense.
WVU 34
Okie State 31

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
minus the Bama game playing in the road has meant sloppy play / sleepwalking a little but in the end a win. OSU will prob be about as focused for this game as they were for Florida State. That KR guy scares the crap out of me and I'll be surprised if doesn't get a big return or 2 against our Special teams units. Usually gotta have defense and run game clicking to get it done on the road, Chestnut is out, how healthy is Worley? Is Shell gonna be ok? A lot of question marks but we DO have some nice SR. leadership I think and we have Bradley game planning to go against their weak spot on offense.
WVU 34
Okie State 31

I'd say something along these lines.