• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict the B1G

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it you weren't following the conversation. I simply responded to the quote that "It's Ohio State's conference to lose every year". Which has been true 6 out of the last 7 seasons in which they have managed to lose. Still a great team and a great program no doubt! Far better than Michigan has been for a long time now!

But 6 of those 7 year the Buckeyes have beaten the wolvereeeens. Which is always a great thing.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning the conference is dependent on so many outside things. For instance in 2011 who was the best team in the SEC? Or how about last year in the B1G, MI whooped on PSU but PSU won the B1G. I guess that means that PSU was better than MI last year.

It's funny how this type of conversation still happens, even when a Michigan fan pays OSU a compliment. Regardless, your team hasn't won the B1G championship 6 out of 7 years. It's not a fluke like the 2011 SEC season....it's 6 out of 7. I don't disagree that OSU is better on paper, but the game is played on the field, and OSU has lost a game in the B1G every year in that stretch. It's cost them the B1G 6 out of the 7 years.

I also think you're missing something, PSU beat Ohio State head to head. They were the better team. Michigan couldn't be the best team, because they lost 2 games. So technically, PSU was better than Michigan. Now we can argue who would be better on paper, but PSU has a trophy that says otherwise.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But 6 of those 7 year the Buckeyes have beaten the wolvereeeens. Which is always a great thing.

No argument from me there! The original comment I replied to was that the B1G conference was Ohio State's to lose every year. They have nearly been perfect in living up to that comment 6 out of 7 years.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just messin I know you've has some eye problems. Hope its going better on that front.
Unfortunately it's degenerative so it won't be getting better but that's good news for everyone here as it should make for some interesting posts lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument from me there! The original comment I replied to was that the B1G conference was Ohio State's to lose every year. They have nearly been perfect in living up to that comment 6 out of 7 years.

Dammit I wanna argue! You just took all the fun outta this entire thread.:pout:

:D

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit I wanna argue! You just took all the fun outta this entire thread.:pout:

:D

I hate Ohio State, but there is no denying their nearly complete dominance for well over a decade now against Michigan. It is nice when OSU fans start bragging about how great their team is, to point out the fact they have been VERY inconsistent in winning the B1G conference for the greater part of a decade. About the only thing you can criticize them for right now.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Ohio State, but there is no denying their nearly complete dominance for well over a decade now against Michigan. It is nice when OSU fans start bragging about how great their team is, to point out the fact they have been VERY inconsistent in winning the B1G conference for the greater part of a decade. About the only thing you can criticize them for right now.

Can't disagree w/ what ya just said. It would have been nice if Ohio State could have won the damn conference more than once the last handful of years. And while I hope they can take care of business I'm not gonna predict what they might do because I really have no idea.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't disagree w/ what ya just said. It would have been nice if Ohio State could have won the damn conference more than once the last handful of years. And while I hope they can take care of business I'm not gonna predict what they might do because I really have no idea.

It really is their conference to lose next season, but given their track record recently, I'm not sure why anyone would brag that the conference is theirs to lose.

On the flip side, I wish, as a Michigan fan, I could brag that the conference is Michigans to lose! I can't hardly remember the last time that was true!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is their conference to lose next season, but given their track record recently, I'm not sure why anyone would brag that the conference is theirs to lose.

On the flip side, I wish, as a Michigan fan, I could brag that the conference is Michigans to lose! I can't hardly remember the last time that was true!

I'm hoping the offense looks better now that the idiot OC has been replaced. And as much as I hate to say it the BigTen in general's better when both Ohio State & Michigan are on top of their games. Don't take me wrong though, I don't want your team to improve too much.:nod:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might not have been better last year....but they'll have a year to train, bulk up and get better. If the two players we're comparing were here this season, we don't know if the "starter" last year would lose his job to a guy that just spent a year getting stronger and better.

To add: we saw no real growth in a few of our offensive lineman over the past couple years. It's my belief that they just capped out talent wise and had no where to grow. Which is why plugging in more talented players could potentially lead to a better performing team. A higher ceiling.
You're still projecting this based on nothing. Maybe they'll be better, maybe they'll suck balls. It seems like BS that Harbaugh couldn't get more out of Hoke's OL. That seems like an excuse, especially given how almost all of them were highly-rated 4*/5* guys. Then again, I imagine you won't be missing that mongoloid Kyle "blood on the field" Kalis.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're still projecting this based on nothing. Maybe they'll be better, maybe they'll suck balls. It seems like BS that Harbaugh couldn't get more out of Hoke's OL. That seems like an excuse, especially given how almost all of them were highly-rated 4*/5* guys. Then again, I imagine you won't be missing that mongoloid Kyle "blood on the field" Kalis.
We haven't had a good run blocking line since Jake Long was here. And guys like Kalis drastically underperformed, even under Harbuagh. So it's not much of a leap to think that some of these largely talented recruits will be able to surpass that this year.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it you weren't following the conversation. I simply responded to the quote that "It's Ohio State's conference to lose every year". Which has been true 6 out of the last 7 seasons in which they have managed to lose. Still a great team and a great program no doubt! Far better than Michigan has been for a long time now!

Well. I wouldn't say managed to lose . Ohio State did win the BIG championship in 2010. It was just taken away with BS sanction. 2012 Ohio State was the best team in the BIG just not allowed to win the BIG due to sanctions. 2014 they did win the BIG and a National Championship.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't had a good run blocking line since Jake Long was here. And guys like Kalis drastically underperformed, even under Harbuagh. So it's not much of a leap to think that some of these largely talented recruits will be able to surpass that this year.
They very well might, but the bar isn't set too high. Also, keep in mind that OSU has the top defensive line in college football this year, so a new OL, even with 11 games under their belt, will more than have their hands full.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They very well might, but the bar isn't set too high. Also, keep in mind that OSU has the top defensive line in college football this year, so a new OL, even with 11 games under their belt, will more than have their hands full.
That's 12 games in, they're "starters" by that point.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how this type of conversation still happens, even when a Michigan fan pays OSU a compliment. Regardless, your team hasn't won the B1G championship 6 out of 7 years. It's not a fluke like the 2011 SEC season....it's 6 out of 7. I don't disagree that OSU is better on paper, but the game is played on the field, and OSU has lost a game in the B1G every year in that stretch. It's cost them the B1G 6 out of the 7 years.

I also think you're missing something, PSU beat Ohio State head to head. They were the better team. Michigan couldn't be the best team, because they lost 2 games. So technically, PSU was better than Michigan. Now we can argue who would be better on paper, but PSU has a trophy that says otherwise.

It's funny ... there are people that will argue with you even when you agree with them. You could say that ohio state has been the best team in the B1G for the last seven years and their answer would be "Yeah, but we beat Michigan 6 out of the last 7 years". It's hilarious ... of course there are foolish Michigan fans on here also (or people posing as Michigan fans).

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm still taking the likely 3 or more first rounders on OSU's defensive line against guys making their 12th start together.
You think OSU has 3 first rounders on their line? Michigan had the best line in CFB last year and is probably only going to have 1-2. In any event, OSU's rather new line last year handled the same situation reversed.