• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Potential FA target. Jason Worilds

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, they did draft Smith. Maybe not being able to land Jason last year made them reach for Smith? Either way, I doubt Marcus would keep the Eagles from adding a talent like Worilds if they able to free up some more money which appears to be doable.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Roto World - Interestingly, ESPN's Adam Caplan tweeted back in August that Worilds "would have signed with the Eagles" had he not been slapped with the transition tag by the Steelers last offseason. It indicates there was mutual interest from both sides. The Eagles will be on the hunt for a starting outside linebacker with Brandon Graham heading for free agency and Trent Cole a lock to be cut.

Our defense would be better with JW. I'd make the move in a heartbeat.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Roto World - Interestingly, ESPN's Adam Caplan tweeted back in August that Worilds "would have signed with the Eagles" had he not been slapped with the transition tag by the Steelers last offseason. It indicates there was mutual interest from both sides. The Eagles will be on the hunt for a starting outside linebacker with Brandon Graham heading for free agency and Trent Cole a lock to be cut.

Our defense would be better with JW. I'd make the move in a heartbeat.

And you know the Stillers won't throw the tag on him again. He will be an Eagle if Chip wants him here. He will excell under Billy Davis scheme. Very similar to Dick LaBeau's.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for going after Jason Worilds. Cole should be a goner unless he takes a huge pay cut and Brandon Graham is most likely going to chase the money on a 4-3 team.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jason Worilds hits the FA market because the Steelers have some serious cap issues and still need to find a way to extend Big Ben's contract - In this scenario I'd say it's a 99% chance that Worilds is an Eagle. I see Graham walking away to a big contract on a team where he can be a full time starter at his natural position as a 4-3 DE. I see Cole getting cut, unless he takes a massive pay cut. That would leave us with Barwin and Marcus Smith. Worilds is the perfect fit for our scheme and he also fits the Chip Kelly mold with work ethic and character guys. Good article on Worilds character: Malcolm Jenkins, Jonathan Casillas, Jason Worilds: Three special athletes, people - NJ.com

This is a Chip Kelly type of guy. He's entering his prime at only 26 tears old. He would be playing in the ideal defensive system that went from playing for Lebeau, to playing for a Billy Davis who was pretty much mentored by Lebeau at a young age. All this at a position of extremely high value in the NFL, especially to us who will likely say goodbye to both Graham and Cole - we'll also have plenty of cap space to use. Worilds to the Eagles makes a ton of sense and I wouldn't be surprised if he was our #1 target this year, just like it was reported last year.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is off the Worild topic, but it is concerning. This is a reason this has to be top priority. Pay this guy.
NFL Free Agents Rumors: Philadelphia Eagles' Jeremy Maclin Would Consider Signing With Kansas City Chiefs As Free Agent : Sports : Latin Post

I wouldn't be too concerned about Mac.

Maclin:
"I’ve always said I wanted to be an Eagle. They’ve expressed the same, so hopefully something gets worked out. I also understand that this is a business and I also understand that anything can happen."

Maclin is a very bright and intelligent young man, he understands anything can happen. He loves Philly and wants to be here, we've expressed the same back to him. He really elevated his game this past year and showed off tremendous toughness that we all weren't accustomed to. He was always a high character/work ethic guy, but now he took his game to the next level. Maclin is a Chip Kelly guy who excels in our spread offense. Maclin is pretty much saying that worst case scenario would be Philly just letting him walk (won't happen), and that he won't mind signing with his former coach who drafted him.

Thing is….At worst, Maclin will be franchise tagged. There's no way we let him test FA. I bet they're hammering away contract details almost every day, and even if we have to tag him, eventually I see a long term deal getting done.

Just my take.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers have 2 younger guys in place. that's why they won't resign him. He is not a superstar, but is a solid OLB, and right now, that's good enough for me.

They only have 1 younger guy in place. Jarvis Jones is the only OLB on the roster that has experience. Only other rostered OLBs are 2 younger guys that haven't seen anything more than the practice squad (Zumwalt & HoJo) and an unknown CFL player without NFL experience. It's actually sort of critical that they resign Worilds. But at the right price. If anyone signs him for anything more than $30mil then they are overpaying.

I'm hoping the Steelers resign Moats. He could easily fill the void if Worilds hits pay-dirt elsewhere.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They only have 1 younger guy in place. Jarvis Jones is the only OLB on the roster that has experience. Only other rostered OLBs are 2 younger guys that haven't seen anything more than the practice squad (Zumwalt & HoJo) and an unknown CFL player without NFL experience. It's actually sort of critical that they resign Worilds. But at the right price. If anyone signs him for anything more than $30mil then they are overpaying.

I'm hoping the Steelers resign Moats. He could easily fill the void if Worilds hits pay-dirt elsewhere.

Yeah, I think the Steelers opt to resign Moats and let Worilds test the market. Only time will tell though.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles could sign Worilds and move Smith back inside permantley. By all accounts he is a smart dude if he put on some pounds maybe he can replace Ryans. Then we save both Ryans and Cole contract and actually upgrade the linebackers. Use the savings to upgrade safety or corner.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think the Steelers opt to resign Moats and let Worilds test the market. Only time will tell though.

Actually both the President & GM have both stated they intend to keep Worilds in Pittsburgh. So I doubt they want him to test the market. They'll probably make an offer. If they already have, then obviously he is opting to test the market. Reminds me of the Mike Wallace situation we had a few years ago. We made him an offer but he thought he could get more money, which he was right.

Whatever happens, I wish him the best. Also I hope the Steelers have a plan B in place lol. Probably in the form of making Harrison return for another season.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am concerned about Maclin going to KC. He is from the Missouri area, right?

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe he is, but I'm not sure it really matters. I think if we can't hammer out a contract before FA, then we'll just tag him. I'm sure they will continue to workout a long term deal after that.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So what! Missouri isn't Philly. No fear, unless the Eagles low-ball him, which I doubt. He is well liked by Chip and all others. They won't franchise him, which I think is a $13M number.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes and played college ball at Missouri. If the Eagles don't tag him or get a contract before FA, kiss his ass goodbye. That's all I'm saying.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he is, but I'm not sure it really matters. I think if we can't hammer out a contract before FA, then we'll just tag him. I'm sure they will continue to workout a long term deal after that.

I can agree with this. I think a longterm deal works and makes more sense than a tag like Old Duke said at $13 million.

Tampabirdsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, new to the board. I'm not worried about KC. I think Maclin signs an extention before the start of free agency. Plus the Chiefs are something like $2 mil over the cap, and that's before signing/franchise tagging Justin Huston. They're going to have a tough time paying Maclin market value with their cap situation. This draft has a lot of talent at wr and I think that's where they look to address the position.

I think Worilds is going to be a player Chip goes after. Smith showed nothing last year, as evidenced by the fact he couldn't get on the field at all even with our injuries at lb. At this point, the Eagles would probably be happy if he just develops into a good rotational player. Pernell Mcphee might be another olb they may look into. I'm sure Chip would be intrigued by his versatility.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, new to the board. I'm not worried about KC. I think Maclin signs an extention before the start of free agency. Plus the Chiefs are something like $2 mil over the cap, and that's before signing/franchise tagging Justin Huston. They're going to have a tough time paying Maclin market value with their cap situation. This draft has a lot of talent at wr and I think that's where they look to address the position.

I think Worilds is going to be a player Chip goes after. Smith showed nothing last year, as evidenced by the fact he couldn't get on the field at all even with our injuries at lb. At this point, the Eagles would probably be happy if he just develops into a good rotational player. Pernell Mcphee might be another olb they may look into. I'm sure Chip would be intrigued by his versatility.
Welcome to the board!:suds:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome, TampaBird!
Are you originally from Philly, or tell us how you came to be an Eagles fan.
I agree that Worilds should be an Eagle, along with 1 or 2 CBs, and a safety.
I haven't watched McPhee at all, but will pay attention to hm now. He has great size, but can he cover?
Then we can concentrate on BPAs in the draft. Maclin will stay here, and probably sign during the 1st week in March, before Free Agency starts.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Welcome aboard mate!:suds: