• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Potential FA target. Jason Worilds

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Worilds - Pittsburgh Steelers - 2015 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

The Philadelphia Inquirer's Jimmy Kempski mentions OLB Jason Worilds as a free agent the Eagles could target.

Interestingly, ESPN's Adam Caplan tweeted back in August that Worilds "would have signed with the Eagles" had he not been slapped with the transition tag by the Steelers last offseason. It indicates there was mutual interest from both sides. The Eagles will be on the hunt for a starting outside linebacker with Brandon Graham heading for free agency and Trent Cole a lock to be cut.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they wind up keeping Cole for 1 more year & keep grooming Marcus Smith. I see Graham walking for a much better offer.

We drafted Smith in the first rd. , he needs to be a starter by this season or next. You sign Worilds or Graham & you are basically saying Smith isnt starting material. Seems awful quick to make that assumption after 1 season.

Can he start right now? Doesnt seem so, thats why we bring back Cole for another year...at a reduced rate of course.

I could however see a draft pick at OLB in the middle rounds (3rd-5th).

Last edited by a moderator:

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith has to be ready this year. What does he play quarterback? This dude should not be groomed another year. He should see significant playing time this year. He was a freaking first rounder!!!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict that Graham leaves to be a 4-3 Def. End.
If we can sign Worilds, then he starts, and Cole gets cut.
Worilds helps mentor Smith, and if Smith develops, we have 2 good OLB's, and Barwin stays 2 more years.
If smith doesn't make it, then he gets cut after his contract is up.
That's it.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict that Graham leaves to be a 4-3 Def. End.
If we can sign Worilds, then he starts, and Cole gets cut.
Worilds helps mentor Smith, and if Smith develops, we have 2 good OLB's, and Barwin stays 2 more years.
If smith doesn't make it, then he gets cut after his contract is up.
That's it.
I said last year we should sign Worilds, actually I said we should draft Worilds s few years ago....and I said again this year we would sign Worilds because Graham is gonna play 4-3 DE for someone, and Trent Cole will either be forced to take a huge pay cut or he will be gone. I still believe that.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By all means, please take him, he's all yours. I'll drive his ass to philly myself

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a fan of his since college and I wanted him prior to him getting tagged last year. I think he would make for a great add opposite Barwin. He won't come cheap though ... so as long as this doesn't interfere with trying to get CB Maxwell I'd be all for it. Considering the rumors about him and the Eagles last time around, I think there's a good chance he ends up in Philly; especially with Cole likely cut and Graham a free agent. Worilds is a more complete 3-4 Backer than Graham as he can cover.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers have 2 younger guys in place. that's why they won't resign him. He is not a superstar, but is a solid OLB, and right now, that's good enough for me.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:10:Almost, I suck at scouting Quarterbacks, missed on far to many. :agree::omg:

Besides Luck, who is good at Qb's. Although I still think that RG3 could be a good QB if he played for the right team/coach. He needs structure and mentoring' also needs humbling.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scouting Qb's is like hitting the lottery, I don't care what anyone says. I loved Cade Mcnown when he was coming out, Holy Shit did he suck! I loved Jeff George, Tim Couch, and David Carr all pretty much NFL busts. I liked Kevin Kolb....Bust. I liked Rg3 well jury still out. Andrew Luck was easy. I loved Blake Bortles in last years draft...We will see. I liked David Carr as well, again we will see, but my track record with Qb's SUCKS!

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically you would need to cut Cole in order to sign Worlids which I think would be a good move. Use Coles money to get a more athletic younger outside backer.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scouting Qb's is like hitting the lottery, I don't care what anyone says. I loved Cade Mcnown when he was coming out, Holy Shit did he suck! I loved Jeff George, Tim Couch, and David Carr all pretty much NFL busts. I liked Kevin Kolb....Bust. I liked Rg3 well jury still out. Andrew Luck was easy. I loved Blake Bortles in last years draft...We will see. I liked David Carr as well, again we will see, but my track record with Qb's SUCKS!

all that's true, but you were pimpin' Bortles long before anybody else did. Look at the so called experts - who in the national media has been correct on QB's? No one. As far as Jeff George goes, and some others, it all depends upon where they go and who is the QB coach. I really got to dislike Reid, but gotta hand it to him, he was good at developing QB's as well as any HC I can think of.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing to keep in mind is that Worilds was used in drop back coverage often in the Steeler's scheme this past year yet managed 8 or so Sacks. He would be a significant upgrade in that department over Cole or Graham.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all that's true, but you were pimpin' Bortles long before anybody else did. Look at the so called experts - who in the national media has been correct on QB's? No one. As far as Jeff George goes, and some others, it all depends upon where they go and who is the QB coach. I really got to dislike Reid, but gotta hand it to him, he was good at developing QB's as well as any HC I can think of.
I actually like Mettenburger for the Titans a lot as well. That kid can Spin it! Has he not gotten hurt i think he would have been selected rd 2. I don't know to many Gm's that have a great track record drafting Qb's.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing to keep in mind is that Worilds was used in drop back coverage often in the Steeler's scheme this past year yet managed 8 or so Sacks. He would be a significant upgrade in that department over Cole or Graham.
yep.....i'd pick him up at the airport! :yahoo:

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They drafted Marcus Smith. So the situation has changed. It makes much more sense to go after some DBs, a position we dont have a #1 pick waiting in the wings. Cant sign everyone.