• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possible Fallout 4 announcement tomorrow

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mods are available and some are pretty great. I'm being cautious as I don't want to crash my system but it seems easy enough to disable if one is giving you trouble.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did you think of the puzzles?

Eh. It was an interesting concept, using the workshop like that. The first four puzzles were easy, and then the last one hit you like a train. Didn't really do much for me, didn't hate it didn't love it.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. It was an interesting concept, using the workshop like that. The first four puzzles were easy, and then the last one hit you like a train. Didn't really do much for me, didn't hate it didn't love it.

I tried two and then just bypassed it.. :) Something I do rarely but with those, no regrets... I kinda hated them. out of place in the game.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried two and then just bypassed it.. :) Something I do rarely but with those, no regrets... I kinda hated them. out of place in the game.

Yeah it certainly felt like "okay guys, what can we do to change this up a bit". My biggest complaint was that it was a weird break in the action. Totally optional (obviously), but just didn't fit right, as you said. Like all of a sudden it turns into Minecraft or something? Idk.

What direction did you go with the ending?

I...
ended up sparing both factions. Though I thought long and hard about blowing up the Children of Atom for ironies' sake. In the main game, I sided with the Institute, so now I'm contemplating telling them about the runaway Synths and seeing how that plays out.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it certainly felt like "okay guys, what can we do to change this up a bit". My biggest complaint was that it was a weird break in the action. Totally optional (obviously), but just didn't fit right, as you said. Like all of a sudden it turns into Minecraft or something? Idk.

What direction did you go with the ending?

I...
ended up sparing both factions. Though I thought long and hard about blowing up the Children of Atom for ironies' sake. In the main game, I sided with the Institute, so now I'm contemplating telling them about the runaway Synths and seeing how that plays out.

It was totally removed from the rest of the game to me. Now I know I won't like Minecraft.

I ...

convinced dima to turn himself in. That saved the harbor and the synths. I could have left the Children of Atom alone but the whole fog thing was just wrong to me, so I convinced themselves to blow themselves up in order to achieve division... ;) (maybe next time I'll just support dima)

In the main quest for this I blew up the Institute while working for the brotherhood. Also destroyed the Railroad in the process. In another game I sided with the railroad and took out both the Institute and Brotherhood.

I guess I should side with the Institute once.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was totally removed from the rest of the game to me. Now I know I won't like Minecraft.

I ...

convinced dima to turn himself in. That saved the harbor and the synths. I could have left the Children of Atom alone but the whole fog thing was just wrong to me, so I convinced themselves to blow themselves up in order to achieve division... ;) (maybe next time I'll just support dima)

In the main quest for this I blew up the Institute while working for the brotherhood. Also destroyed the Railroad in the process. In another game I sided with the railroad and took out both the Institute and Brotherhood.

I guess I should side with the Institute once.

LMAO, those crazy fucks would do something like that totally willingly. I thought it was a pretty easy decision regarding the settlement of Far Harbor.

Does the Brotherhood interact with Far Harbor at all for you? The Institute do, curious to see where it goes.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO, those crazy fucks would do something like that totally willingly. I thought it was a pretty easy decision regarding the settlement of Far Harbor.

Does the Brotherhood interact with Far Harbor at all for you? The Institute do, curious to see where it goes.

As a member of the Brotherhood I have an option to inform them of the synth settlement. I'll assume I'll have to wipe them out which I'm not going to do. Other than that, nothing.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the puzzle, meh. I did the first four pretty easily (and my spatial aptitude is so-so at best) and had to look up the fifth one.

Reason to do so? The armour set you get, layered over top of the Railroad's armored clothing, is the best armour in the game besides the full powered variety. You end up with 50% rad resistance.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the puzzle, meh. I did the first four pretty easily (and my spatial aptitude is so-so at best) and had to look up the fifth one.

Reason to do so? The armour set you get, layered over top of the Railroad's armored clothing, is the best armour in the game besides the full powered variety. You end up with 50% rad resistance.

The funny thing for me is that the recon marine armor that you can buy (although super expensive) is better. (Thank you Grape Mentats). And you can buy the regular marine armor cheaply without puzzles. I did both and was disappointed.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing for me is that the recon marine armor that you can buy (although super expensive) is better.

at $16 large per piece? Better be a LOT better. :)

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at $16 large per piece? Better be a LOT better. :)

HAHA.. I think with grape mentats and charisma clothes most pieces were around 10k. 15k for the chestpiece. The 4 pieces are all legendary. No legs.. But you can buy a whole set of regular Marine armor pretty cheaply at the Nucleus. I bought 2 legs to finish the Recon set. That's the part that's disappointing. You go through a good deal of pain to get the set in the quest and it doesn't seem any better than one you can buy relatively cheaply.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp. Stuck in stealth boy and I can't use my pip boy (it's also invisible).

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp. Stuck in stealth boy and I can't use my pip boy (it's also invisible).

are you crouching? Stand up and it should go away. You probably activated a piece of armour with stealth on it.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you crouching? Stand up and it should go away. You probably activated a piece of armour with stealth on it.

Nope. I was in Libertalia and used a stealth boy and it had been running for a good 10 minutes or so in-game. I don't have any stealth armor pieces.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I was in Libertalia and used a stealth boy and it had been running for a good 10 minutes or so in-game. I don't have any stealth armor pieces.

I got nuthin.' Do a google search? Never heard of that glitch. But my pip boy does disappear if I'm in stealth and wearing armour with a stealth bonus on it.