• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possible Fallout 4 announcement tomorrow

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The settlement repair deal isn't a glitch either. There are supposedly sleeper agents from the institute that will infiltrate your settlements as they get bigger and sabotage stuff. There's a couple of youtube videos on how you can find them.

I'll echo Rock's comment - for a game of this scope, pretty flawless.
Hmmm never heard of that. I'll have to look into it.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How great would it be if Obsidian made a game using the Fallout 4 engine?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been swamped these last few week, but I finally have some time to sit down and play the DLCs.

BTW, went with the Institute to complete the game. Now just discovering every location, trying to locate the bobbleheads, and complete the aforementioned DLC. The Wasteland Workshop intrigues me. I've already decided I'm dedicating Starlight Drive-In as my "Arena" settlement. Going to see if I can build a big coliseum.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been swamped these last few week, but I finally have some time to sit down and play the DLCs.

BTW, went with the Institute to complete the game. Now just discovering every location, trying to locate the bobbleheads, and complete the aforementioned DLC. The Wasteland Workshop intrigues me. I've already decided I'm dedicating Starlight Drive-In as my "Arena" settlement. Going to see if I can build a big coliseum.
Could you explain this "arena" concept? Does it have something to do with the new robots in the DLCs? Haven't played in a while, and I didn't look into the DLCs.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to sit back down to this game. I have not played in a couple months. And with the new DLCs (are there 3 or 4 now??) I want to get back in. Maybe this weekend...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to sit back down to this game. I have not played in a couple months. And with the new DLCs (are there 3 or 4 now??) I want to get back in. Maybe this weekend...
Same here. I still haven't completed the game either.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you explain this "arena" concept? Does it have something to do with the new robots in the DLCs? Haven't played in a while, and I didn't look into the DLCs.

The second DLC is called "Wasteland Workshop". It added new items to workshops, no new quests or anything. One of the things it added to the workshop is cages, which leads to the ability to capture animals and raiders. You can then build an arena around these cages (it's my understanding there's an item you can place that draws your settlers to watch), and then release certain animals or raiders from the cages and they'll fight to the death.

It's purely workshop/settlement building as far as I know, just a small DLC. If you aren't into that as much, I'd pass and wait for the 3rd DLC, which is going to be a huge one.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are only 2 released as of now. Automatron, which is the robot one, and Wasteland Workshop, which has no quest. The have only announced one more so far, and that is going to be one of the big ones, Shivering Isles/Dragonborn-like. I think they said in May.

They are also releasing mod-support and Survival-mode soon.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are only 2 released as of now. Automatron, which is the robot one, and Wasteland Workshop, which has no quest. The have only announced one more so far, and that is going to be one of the big ones, Shivering Isles/Dragonborn-like. I think they said in May.

They are also releasing mod-support and Survival-mode soon.
I thought I saw they released a companion DLC to the Automatron focused around the ANTagonizer??

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked this up a bit this past weekend for the first time in a couple months.

After the hour and a half update (ARGH!!) I was able to put some hours in. I had to drop down to Very Hard from Survival, though. I have no interest in getting rid of fast-travel. Wow, why would they bind that to Survival?

I want to finish the main story line, but I also want to keep all 4 factions alive, so I need to get all the pre-story for each done. Are the MILA quests for the Railroad required quests, or are they randomized?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked this up a bit this past weekend for the first time in a couple months.

After the hour and a half update (ARGH!!) I was able to put some hours in. I had to drop down to Very Hard from Survival, though. I have no interest in getting rid of fast-travel. Wow, why would they bind that to Survival?

I want to finish the main story line, but I also want to keep all 4 factions alive, so I need to get all the pre-story for each done. Are the MILA quests for the Railroad required quests, or are they randomized?

Pretty sure the MILA quests are the equivalent of the settlement quests, they're not essential.

Anybody try Automatron or plan on trying Far Harbor? I download the Wasteland Workshop, it's pretty meh.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure the MILA quests are the equivalent of the settlement quests, they're not essential.

Anybody try Automatron or plan on trying Far Harbor? I download the Wasteland Workshop, it's pretty meh.
I dont really build up my settlements, so I doubt I will get the workshop unless there is something vital added.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far Harbor is coming out this week (the 19th?) I'm a getting it.

Downloaded it this morning.. Looks good. I think the environment will be radiation filled like the Glowing Sea which to me was definitely the most interesting environment to explore in the main game.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just got back into this the other day. Finished the Automatron quest pretty quickly, but I gotta say, it was worth it just just for the fact you can build a sentry bot and have it follow you around. In fact, I tricked out Codsworth and made him a badass sentry bot. Pretty tight. Wasteland Workshop was like the equivalent of Skyrim: Hearthfire to me. Good for aesthetics, little actual use.

I'll try out Far Harbor tomorrow, from what I've heard so far though it's real good. Apparently, it takes you to Maine.

For anyone looking for a beefy DLC, Far Harbor is the way to go.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without getting too spoiler-y, there's a settlement (maybe more, IDK yet) that you can unlock. It's huge, which is great. But you can send your settlers from Boston there, and even connect the supply lines! So all the shit you've gathered is accessible in the new map, and vice-versa. Pretty sweet.

Also, don't forget to bring Nick with you. Nick is the one who starts the quest, so it seem logical. But it's easy to just assume he can't travel with you. I think you can bring any companion. I brought Nick though.

Looks good so far.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can bring any companion. I brought Deacon with me, but I plan to switch him with Nick.

Get the Admiral's Friend. It's pretty fun to use.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the Vault 118 quest is fucking great.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am TRYING for the perfect ending, but I think I have already messed it up. I just cleared the race track, but I can't talk to Desdemona because she insists I choose between the MM and the Railroad. Have I messed up already?