• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Poll: Keep or Cut Bait?

Keep Strong another year or take Herman/Applewhite if given the chance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep Strong another year or take Herman/Applewhite if given the chance?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please hire Applewhite.

Please

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I don't think he's 'the guy', i just don't see how you fire him after only 2 years.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to keep Strong for another year. It's definitely been a bad year. Much worse than I thought, but you still have to give the man a chance. If we see no improvement next year, then I have to admit he may not be the right man for the job. I say "might" because there are so many things that can influence the situation. Still say most have no idea how bad the talent level had dropped under Mack. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to keep Strong for another year. It's definitely been a bad year. Much worse than I thought, but you still have to give the man a chance. If we see no improvement next year, then I have to admit he may not be the right man for the job. I say "might" because there are so many things that can influence the situation. Still say most have no idea how bad the talent level had dropped under Mack. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I refuse to believe the talent level Mack left was so bad that it couldn't compete with the likes of IOWA State. Not buying it. Phantom, I also believe Strong should get one more year, but only if he revamps his coaching staff. The talent is there; no question about it. Want proof? This team curbstomped the current #3 team in the country. Strong continually keeps saying he would like to see the team that whipped OU come play every week. This is a coaching issue, not a talent issue. I know Strong can coach, the problem is, he failed miserably when he hired his assistant coaches. That is the #1 reason why this program is where it's at. We should have seen some improvement by now, but we haven't. This defense is on pace to be the worst defense in UT history; THE WORST!!! That is all on Bedford and his shitty schemes week in and week out. This offense is easily the worse all of us have seen, no question about it. Worst passing game in the history of the NCAA; that falls on Norvell (has no business calling plays) and Watson (can't develop a QB to save his life). If Strong will get rid of his coordinators and hire some competent coaches, he can turn this around.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to believe the talent level Mack left was so bad that it couldn't compete with the likes of IOWA State. Not buying it. Phantom, I also believe Strong should get one more year, but only if he revamps his coaching staff. The talent is there; no question about it. Want proof? This team curbstomped the current #3 team in the country. Strong continually keeps saying he would like to see the team that whipped OU come play every week. This is a coaching issue, not a talent issue. I know Strong can coach, the problem is, he failed miserably when he hired his assistant coaches. That is the #1 reason why this program is where it's at. We should have seen some improvement by now, but we haven't. This defense is on pace to be the worst defense in UT history; THE WORST!!! That is all on Bedford and his shitty schemes week in and week out. This offense is easily the worse all of us have seen, no question about it. Worst passing game in the history of the NCAA; that falls on Norvell (has no business calling plays) and Watson (can't develop a QB to save his life). If Strong will get rid of his coordinators and hire some competent coaches, he can turn this around.

Well, I think you about to be very happy. I think your going to see a thorough house cleaning after the Baylor game. I'm open to anything at this point. I sure wasn't expecting a 4-8 season. I thought 7-5 and hoping for 8-4.
I'm a little concerned about recruiting. Not going real well. We have some pretty good freshman and Sophomores that will be even better next year, but we have to keep the incoming classes coming in at the same talent level. There's still time. So, too worried........yet.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think you about to be very happy. I think your going to see a thorough house cleaning after the Baylor game. I'm open to anything at this point. I sure wasn't expecting a 4-8 season. I thought 7-5 and hoping for 8-4.
I'm a little concerned about recruiting. Not going real well. We have some pretty good freshman and Sophomores that will be even better next year, but we have to keep the incoming classes coming in at the same talent level. There's still time. So, too worried........yet.

I'm not as worried about recruiting. I'm worried about this coaching staff. Patterson and Briles aren't working with top 10 or 20 recruiting classes and they are killing it. It's all about coaching and yes, Strong needs to thoroughly clean house immediately after the Baylor game. I hear the new AD has basically given Strong a blank check to go and get whomever he needs. I wasn't expecting a losing season at all, especially after Strong's famous, "I will never lose another 5 games in a season" speech, but it's clear his assistant coaches are beyond mediocre.