• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another question.

What makes it less racist to actively hope the majority demographic shifts away from being white then those who want to keep the status quo for same racial purposes?

Maybe because its inherently more inclusive. Just a thought mind you.

Everyone deserves a seat at the table. Now that aint going to happen as long as the condition exists where one group can marginalize another because.. well we have the numbers. And forgive me for having no faith in the majority's capacity for kindness after looking at the history of this country.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not a sith lord it isnt all black or white on an issue , fact is i dont want open borders and the 1/2 decade i spent fixing my life because of an illegal stealing my identity isnt likely to make me advocate for open borders

This explains alot. So because one person did you dirty, the entire class is now the devil.. You ever think if we eliminated the need for people to sneak in by i dont know having a LESS restrictive immigration policy that people would actually want to comply with. It might i dont know, allow us to concentrate more on the people trying to come in to do harm?? I mean after all, if every one that came in was registered, had a sponsor, and a paper trail, then i would be fine with instant deportation of those that did find the need to sneak in. SO not so much open borders, as a system designed to get rid of the need to sneak in and allow us to ACTUALLY know who is in the country.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe because its inherently more inclusive. Just a thought mind you.

Everyone deserves a seat at the table. Now that aint going to happen as long as the condition exists where one group can marginalize another because.. well we have the numbers. And forgive me for having no faith in the majority's capacity for kindness after looking at the history of this country.

It was a rhetorical question.

At what point does someone in my boat (32, born in 1985) have to stop apologizing for the past? (another rhetorical question) People 25-45 make up the majority of the work force at this point and none of us were around or made any of the decisions during the civil rights era.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1- I didn’t paint far left and right. They are just terms to me. There is left, right, and middle in my mind. For me, the left is a dream world of purple unicorns. The right is constitutionally driven.

2- Even the polls themselves have no way of telling how many but they identify it I said a fact that immigrants don’t participate at the same rate and illegals participate even less.

3- All I ever brought up was the labor participation rate. Because it counts everybody while the unemployment rate doesn’t count those who have given up.

5- They are paid to do research and come up with specific results. You don’t find a flaw using 10% for both legal and illegal immigrants while stating that illegals will participate less frequently?

6- Keep going. What is the difference between an illegal family that enters today and one that enters tomorrow?

I have shown you a lack of assimilation. I have discussed supply and demand regarding wages. We have discussed crime. Did you also mention that illegals are also less likely to report crime for fear of deportation?

7- Deficit spending inflates the economy. If the government takes in four trillion in taxes but spends five trillion, that is an extra trillion being circulated in the economy seen as growth.

10- Get out of the UN.

11- No...what I am saying is all criminals should be punished in an equal manner. A murderer should get the death penalty. A person illegally entering the country should get a 10k fine and six months in prison.

Under the actual definition of unjust, yes. There is nothing unjust about not letting people illegally enter the country...justice is in fact punishing all equally.

12- It really isn’t conspiracy. The numbers support it.

1. You painted somebody as far left for basically having mostly average liberal positions. If you think the left is nothing but unicorns and the right is nothing but the constitution then i think that needs to be reexamined. That screams im rooting for and emotionally attached to my side not to logically seeking the truth.

2. And they acknowledge and adjust for that. Your argument here ultimately boils down "trust me, i know better than the people paid to do this"

3. Again depending on what unemployment rate you use. And using the whole population doesn't make it a better statistic. You need statistics that actually tell us something and the labor force participation rate tells us less than U6 (and U3 honestly).

5. Where are you getting that?

6. In what way? Neither should be torn apart.

No you didn't. You showed nothing and claimed it was evidence of a lack of assimilation. It was not.

Yes we have discussed that.

So?

7. I mean...thats not the only way the economys growing nor is it necessarily a problem.

10 - i mean...ok. conceptually itsa good idea and something we probably should be in but in practice right now maybe not.

11. Now THAT will make them a cost.

I didnt say there was anything unjust about stopping people from coming into the country illegally.

12. Uhh do they? How would numbers even show that? And again you said that about me specifically. I clearly have stated several times that that is nothing like what my university was like.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no no no it is not , they were caught , released with a court date then never appeared in 80% of the cases . also 80% of the claims for asylum were also false , according to the DOJ and immigration depts

Ignore that. It was left over before i saw you corrected that you were only referring to the 80%. It originally looked like you were saying 90%were violent criminals and drug dealers.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again get a piece of paper out , watch the news stations mentioned above and see how many Trump stories are negative then tell me its fair

A lot of trump stories are negative because

- he says a lot of stupid shit
- he does a lot of stupid shit
- he's under investigation

You cant blame press on him for being negative when its his fault.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. Balance, asking for balance. Asking for all the information to be shared whether it goes against your agenda or not. Fox at least publishes reports and stories about things that go against their agenda! Next islamic terrorist attack domestically or more likely worldwide go to MSNBC.com or CNN.com and see if its even above the fold. I do this all the time. Its either below the fold or not reported on at all.... I mean fox news didnt cut back to anchors discussing Trumps diet in the midst of that terrorist attack at the ariana grande concert.

Honest question do you think the "crisis on the border" was covered honestly and fairly with ALL the information laid out?

Lol

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude you are an idiot, I dont know what to tell you.

Stop quoting me. I have no interest in discussion with someone who doesnt know anything or understand how things work. Come back to me in a few years when you experience the real world. Till then, stay quiet at the kids table.

You will understand exactly what I am talking about in 10 years.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude you are an idiot, I dont know what to tell you.

Stop quoting me. I have no interest in discussion with someone who doesnt know anything or understand how things work. Come back to me in a few years when you experience the real world. Till then, stay quiet at the kids table.

You will understand exactly what I am talking about in 10 years.

Stop sayin stupid shit and ill stop quoting you. Pretty simple really.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does it say about you that im apparently so stupid and yet you're too scared to even debate me like an adult? Are we sure im the kid here?

@ehb5 @Skins2021 we are all adults here or so I have been lead tro believe.

Just because we have a school yard bully in the white house, does not mean we all need to drop to a 5th grand nah nah na boo boo level that he has.

Seriously, we an disagree. But the only reason I participate in these types of discussions is to make both sides THINK. We dont have to agree, but I think over all politics and religion has us ll so damned programmed, that a little healthy debate with 10M miles of cable separating us is a good thing. Because I will freely admit, if we were all in the same room with these topics... I cant swear that it would remain civil.

So lets be the Adults in the country... please.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of 5th grade tactics.

Trump Press Allies to Quit Importing Iranian Oil by November 4

Last month, President Trump withdrew the United States from the Iran nuclear agreement — despite the fact that Tehran had complied with the deal and that all of America’s allies supported its survival. European leaders have since vowed to maintain the agreement without the United States: By maintaining economic relations with Iran, the E.U. would provide Tehran with an incentive to let sleeping nuclear programs lie.

But on Tuesday, the Trump administration confirmed that it has no intention of allowing the Europeans to do any such thing. At a State Department briefing, an administration official told Bloomberg that it is pressing its allies to cease importing Iranian oil by November 4 of this year, or else face a variety of U.S. sanctions.

The good old Im not their friend, so you cant be their friend either manuver.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of 5th grade tactics.

Trump Press Allies to Quit Importing Iranian Oil by November 4

Last month, President Trump withdrew the United States from the Iran nuclear agreement — despite the fact that Tehran had complied with the deal and that all of America’s allies supported its survival. European leaders have since vowed to maintain the agreement without the United States: By maintaining economic relations with Iran, the E.U. would provide Tehran with an incentive to let sleeping nuclear programs lie.

But on Tuesday, the Trump administration confirmed that it has no intention of allowing the Europeans to do any such thing. At a State Department briefing, an administration official told Bloomberg that it is pressing its allies to cease importing Iranian oil by November 4 of this year, or else face a variety of U.S. sanctions.

The good old Im not their friend, so you cant be their friend either manuver.

they did not stand by the deal

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok here is the warning !!!!!, NO DAMN NAME CALLING OR PERSONAL ATTACKS !!!!!!! no one is stupid or an idiot because they disagree with you .

we all know where i stand on this issue but come on stop with the name calling

i dont give a shit who started it , I WANT IT ENDED , NOW !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.