• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you suggest we get our news from?

I tried not to miss any. BUt here ya go

fox-news-logo.jpg

Breitbart-logo.jpg

0sbXBb6-drQltC8n5.jpg

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you dont get, or rather dont want to accept is that Trump is engaging in racial profiling. He is trying to paint the picture that these people are coming here to kill Americans and commit crimes. Its as simple as that. America has become very good at this over the past 200 plus years.

Indians were painted as savages that deserved the treatment they got.

Blacks have been profiled as coming from a violent culture (Never mind that that culture is a direct result of generations of racial profiling and abuse)

LAtinos are just the latest to join the illustrious group of designated enemy of the American people.

No you want to believe he is profiling. Just because you take his words which he isn’t stating as words he is stating, doesn’t make it true.

Some Indians were quite brutal.

Explain the violence in Africa.

Latinos haven’t been designated the enemy. You think because we want to enforce our laws and have a sovereign nation, we are making enemy because it fits the narrative you want to believe...it just isn’t based in fact.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. No 1 or 2 does not. By that logic everybody is either far left or far right or somehow both and thats obviously illogical.

2. It doesnt ask that though. It asks if you're an immigrant...which is not a crime.

3. Sorry there simply are multiple unemployment rates. In fact Republicans loved bringing up U6 under Obama. Not so much anymore though. Wonder what changed lol.

I still dont see how the labor participation rate is better than unemployment. Unemployment is the better statistic.

5. I mean at this point thats just you saying you know better than the people paid to do the research. Sorry but my moneys on them.

6. Should we tear them apart? No. Thats pretty easy.

And yes it kinda does mean one set of people is more knowledgeable about the issue. Saying well i think immigrants are harmful isnt a valid argument. Its just a crappy opinion unless its actually factually defended (which im not seeing).

And to date every Trump supporter ive told about the crime rates of illegal immigrants has been shocked. Frequently i hear them complain about the damage and violence they are bringing in. So no i dont think i would be surprised.

7. I will grant you Vox is trash. I almost didnt link it for that reason but when i read the post it wasnt an opinion piece and was well sourced and just linked a bunch of studies. If you can get the site to open just look at the stuff Vox links to. It does show immigrants to be more entrepreneurial as i claimed.

Why wouldnt it?

Im not sure what you mean about economic growth by deficit spending but the debt is most likely not a huge deal (though i prefer to limit government spending).

Interesting but as the article points out - the effects are actually prettt unclear.

10. Sure. So?

11. Cheat the system meaning they cant get a job om the basis of their employability.

Ok yes there is a similarity. Theres also a MASSIVE difference. And you know that. By your logic all crime should be punished the same way. Cmon - you know theres a massive massive difference there.

To an extent sure. But if theres an unjust law being enforced by a president that doesnt make him a good president at all.

12. No. Informed of the facts. Clearly not all of them are. That goes for a lot of issues i think.

Again with the liberal teachers. Cmon now. I didnt think you were gonna stoop to the crazy conspiracy theory level on me here GK. You really think my views are the product of a liberal education?

Ill state it clearly for you and all others reading. My professors told us how to vote, how we should vote, or what to believe politically a grand total of 0 times. If politics came up they were EXTREMELY careful with what they said. College does not indoctrinate you to be a liberal (at least at the large public university i went to). If that is what you believe, you have been lied to.

13. Yea good luck with that one.

1- I didn’t paint far left and right. They are just terms to me. There is left, right, and middle in my mind. For me, the left is a dream world of purple unicorns. The right is constitutionally driven.

2- Even the polls themselves have no way of telling how many but they identify it I said a fact that immigrants don’t participate at the same rate and illegals participate even less.

3- All I ever brought up was the labor participation rate. Because it counts everybody while the unemployment rate doesn’t count those who have given up.

5- They are paid to do research and come up with specific results. You don’t find a flaw using 10% for both legal and illegal immigrants while stating that illegals will participate less frequently?

6- Keep going. What is the difference between an illegal family that enters today and one that enters tomorrow?

I have shown you a lack of assimilation. I have discussed supply and demand regarding wages. We have discussed crime. Did you also mention that illegals are also less likely to report crime for fear of deportation?

7- Deficit spending inflates the economy. If the government takes in four trillion in taxes but spends five trillion, that is an extra trillion being circulated in the economy seen as growth.

10- Get out of the UN.

11- No...what I am saying is all criminals should be punished in an equal manner. A murderer should get the death penalty. A person illegally entering the country should get a 10k fine and six months in prison.

Under the actual definition of unjust, yes. There is nothing unjust about not letting people illegally enter the country...justice is in fact punishing all equally.

12- It really isn’t conspiracy. The numbers support it.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried not to miss any. BUt here ya go

fox-news-logo.jpg

Breitbart-logo.jpg

0sbXBb6-drQltC8n5.jpg

I dont have the answer.

I am against big government but I also think the press needs to be held accountable and that there needs to be some sort of reform which goes against my core values. So I am torn.

What is a scary thought is that Fox News literally is the most sane major news network today that is the most fair and balanced. Think about that for a second. Fox holds the highest moral/ethical standard at this current moment of any major news outlets.

I find that to be unacceptable that Fox is literally the moral bar and all other major networks are well below it.

As for Breibert and Blaze how is that any different then Buzzfeed and the Huff? They profit off of confirmation bias, only difference is there are only a couple Blazes, Breitberts, townhalls etc which are dwarfed in numbers by Huff, Buzzfeed, etc.

Left winged partisan "news" dominates print, web, social media, hollywood, and # of major television networks.
Right winged partisan "news" dominates airwaves.

partisanship doesnt belong in journalism but since its rampant can it at least be even?

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

media silent on this is an issue, however you cant bash sources for obvious biases and then flaunt this one....

is there truth in what occurred and the numbers? yes
is the entire story with all the facts being told? no

that is my problem with modern day "journalism" in a nutshell

I just think its festered way more recently from the left because Trump has challenged it and brought to light the bullshit and their ways of life, their livelihoods are literally at risk.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
media silent on this is an issue, however you cant bash sources for obvious biases and then flaunt this one....

is there truth in what occurred and the numbers? yes
is the entire story with all the facts being told? no

that is my problem with modern day "journalism" in a nutshell

I just think its festered way more recently from the left because Trump has challenged it and brought to light the bullshit and their ways of life, their livelihoods are literally at risk.

To be honest the media wasnt silent on this guys killing, but Im in Florida a few hours north of Miami, so it would be local news.

Now if you are suggesting that the media should have been blasting first and foremost that this guy was an illegal alien (can I just abreviate that to DE going forward as my typing sux),

Back to my point, if the complaint is the media doesnt have a 24 hour press on the evils of undocumented immigrants, then yes in some fox/brietbart way... it has been silenced.

My BAd, this should have quoted @skinsdad62

Last edited:

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest the media wasnt silent on this guys killing, but Im in Florida a few hours north of Miami, so it would be local news.

Now if you are suggesting that the media should have been blasting first and foremost that this guy was an illegal alien (can I just abreviate that to DE going forward as my typing sux),

Back to my point, if the complaint is the media doesnt have a 24 hour press on the evils of undocumented immigrants, then yes in some fox/brietbart way... it has been silenced.

Bullshit. Balance, asking for balance. Asking for all the information to be shared whether it goes against your agenda or not. Fox at least publishes reports and stories about things that go against their agenda! Next islamic terrorist attack domestically or more likely worldwide go to MSNBC.com or CNN.com and see if its even above the fold. I do this all the time. Its either below the fold or not reported on at all.... I mean fox news didnt cut back to anchors discussing Trumps diet in the midst of that terrorist attack at the ariana grande concert.

Honest question do you think the "crisis on the border" was covered honestly and fairly with ALL the information laid out?

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again dude, you are basically trying to paint the picture that all or most illegals are here to destroy our way of life and harm us.

I believe this is fear mongering at its finest, and a load of bullshit at its base designed to try and keep America from changing. More AMERICANS kill innocent Americans. BUt that doesnt fit the profile. The reason Immigration has not been fixed is simple. Reasonable immigration laws dont fit into what some folks want. As I mentioned in another post, this is the Johnson Reed act all over. Only instead of targeting the Irish, and Italians, we are now trying to keep out Latinos, Africans and Middle Easterners.

How many graphs do you need to see? The high majority of legal and illegal immigrants are not white!

Its about being skilled, educated, and a willingness to assimilate. No one wants to talk about the people from India and China/Japan/Korea who make up a large % of legal immigration because it doesnt fit the narrative of "whitey wants to keep the majority demographic."

Maybe there is also a reason that statistically immigrants from Asia and India are thriving compared to immigrants from other areas of the world. Shit Asians are starting to be discriminated more then white folk when it comes to college applications.

Lastly it should not be politically incorrect to recognize the truth that sometimes western values do not mesh well with the values people have in the middle east, northern africa, and western asia..... its not fear mongering its fact. Dont believe it? See how its going in Europe.

There is literally a real life current 2018 example of it not working out well and having an adverse effect.

Vet the hell out of people coming from this high risk region. I dont get why or how that is illogical.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My BAd, this should have quoted @skinsdad62

And on a side note...Donald Trump farted and did not excuse himself...the outrage.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question do you think the "crisis on the border" was covered honestly and fairly with ALL the information laid out?

Nope, I think you get hyperbole on both sides. Fox tones down the negative connotations from Trump, MSNBC plays it up. And vice versa. I noticed Fox had no mention of the lady going full frontal Trump on an American Citizen because he was of Latino heritage.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obama does bad thing.

Trump does bad thing.

"Its not fair to criticize trump!!"

Huh??

i am pointing out obama did the same thing yet you were silent

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you suggest we get our news from?
i suggest you watch all news and not just brouse through a clip the liberal left edits

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, I think you get hyperbole on both sides. Fox tones down the negative connotations from Trump, MSNBC plays it up. And vice versa. I noticed Fox had no mention of the lady going full frontal Trump on an American Citizen because he was of Latino heritage.

again get a piece of paper out , watch the news stations mentioned above and see how many Trump stories are negative then tell me its fair

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another question.

What makes it less racist to actively hope the majority demographic shifts away from being white then those who want to keep the status quo for same racial purposes?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again dude, you are basically trying to paint the picture that all or most illegals are here to destroy our way of life and harm us.

I believe this is fear mongering at its finest, and a load of bullshit at its base designed to try and keep America from changing. More AMERICANS kill innocent Americans. BUt that doesnt fit the profile. The reason Immigration has not been fixed is simple. Reasonable immigration laws dont fit into what some folks want. As I mentioned in another post, this is the Johnson Reed act all over. Only instead of targeting the Irish, and Italians, we are now trying to keep out Latinos, Africans and Middle Easterners.

i am not painting any such picture . i am pointing out the blatant unfairness of the media and that any crime committed by an illegal should never have happened

i am not a sith lord it isnt all black or white on an issue , fact is i dont want open borders and the 1/2 decade i spent fixing my life because of an illegal stealing my identity isnt likely to make me advocate for open borders

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No no no no no no no.

That is a blatant lie.

So you agree its a dumb thing to do. Finally getting somewhere.

no no no it is not , they were caught , released with a court date then never appeared in 80% of the cases . also 80% of the claims for asylum were also false , according to the DOJ and immigration depts

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again get a piece of paper out , watch the news stations mentioned above and see how many Trump stories are negative then tell me its fair

Why does it need to be fair?? Get out a piece of paper and tell me how many immigrants legal or illegal are MS-13, yet our PRESIDENT is pushing a line that these people are just here to commit crimes and destroy America. You want to paint this as liberal vs Conservative. To me its a case of Human vs those that feel they are some how superior because of the accident of being born white in America.

Status
Not open for further replies.