• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that divide started long before trump , in fact before he ran for office he hung out with many of today's race baiters . the central american people are not innocent of genocide shark: they wiped out 3 races of people . Who is committing the violence Shark. ? Who rioted when Trump was elected ? Leftist routinely commit violence , won’t allow conservatives to speak at universities , throw people out of restaurants and encourage harassment of Trump officials , see Maxine waters : then cry racism when facts don’t back up their positions

At this point I'm just hoping Maxine Waters is an outlier. Shes a maniac, a disgrace, and she shouldnt be taken serious by anyone and condemned by all.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

was lindsey an illegal ? was the wife ? what are you trying to show me here ? that citizens commit crimes so we should allow illegals to commit crimes ?

my post was to show again another illegal , this time a serial murderer , killed innocent americans . americans that would be alive today if our govt did its job

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was lindsey an illegal ? was the wife ? what are you trying to show me here ? that citizens commit crimes so we should allow illegals to commit crimes ?

my post was to show again another illegal , this time a serial murderer , killed innocent americans . americans that would be alive today if our govt did its job

Again dude, you are basically trying to paint the picture that all or most illegals are here to destroy our way of life and harm us.

I believe this is fear mongering at its finest, and a load of bullshit at its base designed to try and keep America from changing. More AMERICANS kill innocent Americans. BUt that doesnt fit the profile. The reason Immigration has not been fixed is simple. Reasonable immigration laws dont fit into what some folks want. As I mentioned in another post, this is the Johnson Reed act all over. Only instead of targeting the Irish, and Italians, we are now trying to keep out Latinos, Africans and Middle Easterners.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1- There are only so many issues. 1 or 2 makes him far left. Hell what is left?

2- If you admit to being in the country illegally, it is a crime. Crossing the border without authorization is illegal.

3- The unemployment rate...THE...the one people always quote is U3. I never said the labor participation rate explains why people are not working. I said it is better than the unemployment rate.

5- OK. I did see a 10% correction for both legal and illegal immigrants but they openly admit illegals will be less likely to answer. From there, what percentage of natural born citizens fill out a census. Honestly a 10% correction seems to severely undershoot illegals participation in the census because that isn’t human nature. I would say fewer than half participate.

6- When does it stop? Let’s say an illegal family comes in tomorrow. Should we tear them apart? Why is that different from a family who entered yesterday?

Again, the claims you make about immigration as a whole being helpful aren’t aligned with everybody else’s thoughts. It doesn’t make any set of people more knowledgeable with regards to immigration than another...it is just another belief. Go up to an anti-immigrant person and ask them an exact question. Ask them what percentage of immigrants are criminals. I think you will be very surprised by the answer.

7- I couldn’t get the site to come up but I did see it was VOX...ultra liberal garbage.

Like I said, labor demand won’t increase to the level you are suggesting. At best, labor demand and supply would offset assuming they spent all their money here and were as consumer driven as Americans, which they aren’t.

Economic growth by using deficit spending, which we have done for years, is foolish. Eventually, debt catches up with you.

The data you claim represents it.

More than 54 billion annually. Remittances play huge role in immigrant economy

10- People immigrate to improve their lives. One purpose of he UN is to assist countries that would produce refugees or help refugees themselves. So if the UN were doing its job, wouldn’t it be improving the conditions in these people’s home countries?

11- Illegal immigrants are not legally employable in the US. By definition they have to cheat the system.

Yeah...I think you know there is a similarity in those things. Is it unlawful to enter the country illegally? Isn’t the job of the POTUS to enforce the law?

12- Informed on your way of thinking. I will guarantee almost all of these politicians are informed. They may not believe some of the things your liberal teachers have taught you.

13- We will see when this works. He doesn’t like trade wars unless he is winning which we will.

Economist: Trump knows China tariffs retaliation can’t hurt US economy

1. No 1 or 2 does not. By that logic everybody is either far left or far right or somehow both and thats obviously illogical.

2. It doesnt ask that though. It asks if you're an immigrant...which is not a crime.

3. Sorry there simply are multiple unemployment rates. In fact Republicans loved bringing up U6 under Obama. Not so much anymore though. Wonder what changed lol.

I still dont see how the labor participation rate is better than unemployment. Unemployment is the better statistic.

5. I mean at this point thats just you saying you know better than the people paid to do the research. Sorry but my moneys on them.

6. Should we tear them apart? No. Thats pretty easy.

And yes it kinda does mean one set of people is more knowledgeable about the issue. Saying well i think immigrants are harmful isnt a valid argument. Its just a crappy opinion unless its actually factually defended (which im not seeing).

And to date every Trump supporter ive told about the crime rates of illegal immigrants has been shocked. Frequently i hear them complain about the damage and violence they are bringing in. So no i dont think i would be surprised.

7. I will grant you Vox is trash. I almost didnt link it for that reason but when i read the post it wasnt an opinion piece and was well sourced and just linked a bunch of studies. If you can get the site to open just look at the stuff Vox links to. It does show immigrants to be more entrepreneurial as i claimed.

Why wouldnt it?

Im not sure what you mean about economic growth by deficit spending but the debt is most likely not a huge deal (though i prefer to limit government spending).

Interesting but as the article points out - the effects are actually prettt unclear.

10. Sure. So?

11. Cheat the system meaning they cant get a job om the basis of their employability.

Ok yes there is a similarity. Theres also a MASSIVE difference. And you know that. By your logic all crime should be punished the same way. Cmon - you know theres a massive massive difference there.

To an extent sure. But if theres an unjust law being enforced by a president that doesnt make him a good president at all.

12. No. Informed of the facts. Clearly not all of them are. That goes for a lot of issues i think.

Again with the liberal teachers. Cmon now. I didnt think you were gonna stoop to the crazy conspiracy theory level on me here GK. You really think my views are the product of a liberal education?

Ill state it clearly for you and all others reading. My professors told us how to vote, how we should vote, or what to believe politically a grand total of 0 times. If politics came up they were EXTREMELY careful with what they said. College does not indoctrinate you to be a liberal (at least at the large public university i went to). If that is what you believe, you have been lied to.

13. Yea good luck with that one.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no need to waste your time. I just brush past any of those posts. Like Ive said before anything said needs to be taken with a heavy grain of salt.

so indoctrinated that they dont even realize they have spent 8 years in HS and college being indoctrinated! Its just the norm now.

I specifically remember in HS (affluent area with some of the best HS in state) you knew exactly which way your social studies teachers leaned. English/Math was bit harder to tell but SS there wasnt 1 teacher who you didnt know exactly how they felt politically. The right winged teachers very few and far between always stood out the most.

College was 10x worse and I went to a private Jesuit university. Not a state school or liberal arts one.

Uhhh. I was raised in a staunchly conservative family, went to a definitely right leaning high school, and then a college that never once told me how to think or vote politically. If you think ive been indoctrinated by my upbringing and schooling to be a liberal you're living in fantasy land.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe people frequently being called racist should do some introspection. Just a thought.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CNN, MSNBC cut away from Trump event with ‘Angel Families’

Some one mocked people who watch Fox News implying people who watched Fox were uninformed . This is what the MSM media did when the other side of the debate was presented . This is the news you herald as real news . How did the MSM. Cover the IG report ? They locked onto the first paragraph and pushed that narrative . No coverage of the hearings no reading of the reports , nothing ! If you read the IG report and watched the hearings you would know that narrative was false . You want to pass that off as how business is done but people have caught on to the BS and down playing George Soros won’t cut the mustard

I don't think anybodys defending those news outlets.

Theres 1 or 2 people i like from each of those outlets but i dont watch any of them. Dont trust them for a second especially msnbc and fox.

Jake Tapper is a damn saint though.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CNN, MSNBC cut away from Trump event with ‘Angel Families’

Some one mocked people who watch Fox News implying people who watched Fox were uninformed . This is what the MSM media did when the other side of the debate was presented . This is the news you herald as real news . How did the MSM. Cover the IG report ? They locked onto the first paragraph and pushed that narrative . No coverage of the hearings no reading of the reports , nothing ! If you read the IG report and watched the hearings you would know that narrative was false . You want to pass that off as how business is done but people have caught on to the BS and down playing George Soros won’t cut the mustard

What you dont get, or rather dont want to accept is that Trump is engaging in racial profiling. He is trying to paint the picture that these people are coming here to kill Americans and commit crimes. Its as simple as that. America has become very good at this over the past 200 plus years.

Indians were painted as savages that deserved the treatment they got.

Blacks have been profiled as coming from a violent culture (Never mind that that culture is a direct result of generations of racial profiling and abuse)

LAtinos are just the latest to join the illustrious group of designated enemy of the American people.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remind me again how many times the defense of Bobby did it first, kept you from correcting your childs bad behavior??

Obama does bad thing.

Trump does bad thing.

"Its not fair to criticize trump!!"

Huh??

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obama does bad thing.

Trump does bad thing.

"Its not fair to criticize trump!!"

Huh??

Trump does WORSE thing.

Just pointing that out.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come on.... the racial division started with Obama. That dude fanned the flames for 8 years. The racial division has continued after he left with the media carrying the torch. MSM is an extension of the democratic party after all.

people are also sick of being labeled racists for merely disagreeing.

The racial division in a country that was segregated 60 years ago started 10 years ago? Thats a new one.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The racial division in a country that was segregated 60 years ago started 10 years ago? Thats a new one.

The Racial Divide started in 1492, the only thing is... the enemy of choice changes every 50-100 years.

I got Indians from India as next up.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to say that I am completely okay with people disagreeing and taking educated stances one way or the other. I'm okay with different opinions because everyone has different core values.

What I am not okay with is one side being silenced. What I am not okay with is misleading information and news. I am not okay with partisanship in the press. I am also not okay with both sides of the story not being shared. This is currently running rampant.

Social media, particularly twitter, is a breeding ground for left winged intolerance.

For these reasons alone I can not support the DNC until they get their shit under control because right now they are showing signs of intolerance, radical thought, and aggression and its kind of scary to be honest.

Maxine Waters is also a disgrace.

Same! Free speech and open debate is one of the best things about this country!

I agree with all that! (Although you should add the GOP to that theyre easily just as guilty)

Also...for somebody whos so anti silencing people you sure are happy to tune out opposing views if they come from somebody younger than you...

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also TIME Magazine? NYT? Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC, ABC

That is a disgrace! These were one time reputable outlets that the American people relied on for information! How is that not a huge deal and a massive problem?

Who do you suggest we get our news from?

Status
Not open for further replies.