• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pocic....Calling it NOW.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Center, Guard, OT, whatever.

I'm calling this guy a Starter ( by year 2 at a minimum, and Future Pro-Bowler in his career.
Wanted to say All-Pro, but settled for Pro-Bowler.

All the film I saw was him mauling D players, albeit in the RUN.
He gets off and attacks.

The Pass Protection, need some film.

Guy is a stud.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britt, if they don't offer him an extension, then we KNOW why they drafted Pocic to replace Britt.
If they DO offer Britt an extension and plan on using Pocic at G or T, and NOT letting Britt go to FA, then we know the FO ......

I'm wrong......we truly do NOT know what the FO is thinking.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point we certainly do deserve to hit on one of these linemen. Get Britt to a second contract and it's a Christmas miracle.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point we certainly do deserve to hit on one of these linemen. Get Britt to a second contract and it's a Christmas miracle.

Britt shined and will be too expensive to retain, unless they do it real soon.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britt, if they don't offer him an extension, then we KNOW why they drafted Pocic to replace Britt.
If they DO offer Britt an extension and plan on using Pocic at G or T, and NOT letting Britt go to FA, then we know the FO ......

I'm wrong......we truly do NOT know what the FO is thinking.

At some point we need to begin resigning our good OL... Especially ones they develop...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If britt improves again he has to be signed before the season ends. Letting him walk would be worse than any of the other guys we let walk.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Britt's season at center was not a fluke and he comes out and matches it or plays better (which we'd expect) I'll be HIGHLY annoyed if we don't sign him. We let Carpenter walk and he was one of the top guards in the NFL according to PFF...

We FINALLY found a spot for Britt and he was the ONLY bright spot on the line last year... please lock him up Seattle. Even if it means canning Chancellor after this year. You have $20M+ locked up in the QB now, you can't have $20M+ of cap on the sideline and despite that fluky injury that Suh put on him, Wilson was getting harassed that entire game. It was bound to happen at some point (an injury).

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Britt has another solid year and improves he will end up costing roughly $8M per year on a long term contract. It is entirely possible (although not probable) that Pocic is a more than capable C and in a cap move let Britt walk and get a 3rd round comp pick in return. This would have to assume that the OL has in fact improved from the 2016 campaign.
This draft looks to have aided in back up at SS and FS as well.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect the FO to bargain with Britt as shrewdly as they normally do, but it's not a given he'll be too expensive to keep. The cap will likely go up at least $10M, Graham's contract expires after '17, and most of our free agent signings this off-season have been 1 year deals. There will certainly be some tough decisions to be made, but there is plenty of opportunity to get Britt to a 2nd contract if they want to.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We FINALLY found a spot for Britt and he was the ONLY bright spot on the line last year... please lock him up Seattle. Even if it means canning Chancellor after this year.

Agreed. Lock Britt up now.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britt improved greatly last season, this doesn't bode well for us. When an Olineman improves and his contract ends they let them walk. Poor Russell, forever under duress.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britt improved greatly last season, this doesn't bode well for us. When an Olineman improves and his contract ends they let them walk. Poor Russell, forever under duress.
No recent lineman has accepted a 2nd contract here, whether they were trending up or down at the end of the contract. You could just as easily say if they owned a foreign made automobile, they were left to walk and also be "right."

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think if he has a good year, they will do their best to resign him. However the market for OL is getting steeper every year, some shit team with tons of cap room could make a offer that won't make sense to match or exceed, what you going do?:noidea:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think if he has a good year, they will do their best to resign him. However the market for OL is getting steeper every year, some shit team with tons of cap room could make a offer that won't make sense to match or exceed, what you going do?:noidea:

Maybe they do it mid way through the season?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pocic is going to become a fine player and at the least he will be insurance in case Britt walks.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they do it mid way through the season?

Won't surprise me if they do it this off season, or at least try. I'm pretty confident they want him back, but at the same time realize that the market is working against them, thus the insurance pick of Pocic. Just IMO and my:2cents:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't surprise me if they do it this off season, or at least try. I'm pretty confident they want him back, but at the same time realize that the market is working against them, thus the insurance pick of Pocic. Just IMO and my:2cents:

Hopefully they having been talking but the longer they take the higher the price tag goes up. Pocic is an insurance pick but I think they drafted him to challenge Fant and wouldn't surprise me if he beats out Fant in TC and preseason games.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully they having been talking but the longer they take the higher the price tag goes up. Pocic is an insurance pick but I think they drafted him to challenge Fant and wouldn't surprise me if he beats out Fant in TC and preseason games.

Well I'm going to agree to disagree on Pocic replacing Fant. He played guard before moving to center where he excelled, he was a emergency tackle on occasion, but that's all.

Meet the Prospect: LSU offensive lineman Ethan Pocic

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm going to agree to disagree on Pocic replacing Fant. He played guard before moving to center where he excelled, he was a emergency tackle on occasion, but that's all.

Meet the Prospect: LSU offensive lineman Ethan Pocic

It's a good write up of the kid. Let me ask you this, when has PC done anything normal on the o-line? You could be right that he takes over for Britt but wouldn't surprise me if he beats out Fant.