• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pocic....Calling it NOW.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will definitely be interesting to see where they play Pocic in pre-season. From what I heard of PC's recent interview and John Clayton's take on things, it seems like they are setting things up for the starting group to be Fant-Joeckel-Britt-Glowinski-Ifedi. Pocic definitely a bit of a wildcard there on the left side.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will definitely be interesting to see where they play Pocic in pre-season. From what I heard of PC's recent interview and John Clayton's take on things, it seems like they are setting things up for the starting group to be Fant-Joeckel-Britt-Glowinski-Ifedi. Pocic definitely a bit of a wildcard there on the left side.

Strange what i hear its LT Joeckel, LG competition, C Britt, RG Glowinski, RT Ifedi
the LG spot they will have a bunch of guys competing including Pocic.

In other words only 1 spot is the same as last season. starting over for what the 3rd? 4th? straight season?

i hear we might see Britt playing at the tackle spots also to just see how that fits. I still believe they pulled Britt off RT to fast. He had a tough rookie season but his rookie season was better than anyone else's there at RT since lol.

If Britt does get time at say RT and he looks better than everyone else and Pocic is the same as Britt at center i say go with it. Leave Glow at LG Ifedi at RG and have people fight it out for the LT spot.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect the FO to bargain with Britt as shrewdly as they normally do, but it's not a given he'll be too expensive to keep

I'm going to quote John Clayton twice. Clayton said, "There are 10+ Centers in the league up for contract after this season, the longer teams WAIT, the more expensive EACH will become."

Leave Glow at LG Ifedi at RG and have people fight it out for the LT spot.
Clayton said, "Glowinski will be the RG, that is what he has played in the past"

LT: Fant, and Joeckel
LG: Joeckel and Pocic and Aboushi, Odhiambo.
C: Britt, Hunt. and Pocic.
RG: Glowinski, Aboushi, Odhiambo and Pocic.
RT: Ifedi, Senior and Pocic.

Fant, Joeckel, Pocic, Aboushi, Odhiambo, Britt, Hunt, Glowinski, Ifedi. Senior. That is 10.

The five year Average of OL on the roster in 9.7 according to Hawkblogger.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange what i hear its LT Joeckel, LG competition, C Britt, RG Glowinski, RT Ifedi
the LG spot they will have a bunch of guys competing including Pocic.

In other words only 1 spot is the same as last season. starting over for what the 3rd? 4th? straight season?

i hear we might see Britt playing at the tackle spots also to just see how that fits. I still believe they pulled Britt off RT to fast. He had a tough rookie season but his rookie season was better than anyone else's there at RT since lol.

If Britt does get time at say RT and he looks better than everyone else and Pocic is the same as Britt at center i say go with it. Leave Glow at LG Ifedi at RG and have people fight it out for the LT spot.

That's what I hear, too... Too my understanding, the LG hasn't been determined yet...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much as we all would like some stability on the OL the current situation of OL coming out of the college ranks require a progression from the easier spot ( guard) to a more technical refined position of tackle. Now the Seahawks have dumbfounded us all by putting a player at LT who had near zero experience at football. Think it showed last year, but with a full year experience maybe he makes a big leap?:noidea:
My point being, that now a days rookie OL are going to be moved around, start out at guard, learn the ropes then get moved to a tackle position possibly. The good old days of continuality on the OL are only for veteran OLs and the Seahawks don't have that.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to quote John Clayton twice. Clayton said, "There are 10+ Centers in the league up for contract after this season, the longer teams WAIT, the more expensive EACH will become."
Ok. Still doesn't necessarily mean his price is out of the range for a 2nd contract here. The price of every player goes up on a second contract if they are worth keeping. It also sounds like the supply of available centers will be pretty favorable for the team's leverage. With the cap likely to go up at least another $10M as it has been doing and Graham's $10M/yr contract ending, there's plenty of room right there for Britt if that's what the FO wants to do.