• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

playoffs

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the first time the whole series that the Pens D actually showed up, and even then they waited until the 2nd period to show up. Can't do that against the better teams.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good call on thegame 5 blow out

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wild are doneski..how the hell does Parise not have a single shot on goal on that team in an elimination game?

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Zach, get used to it, buddy!

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Parise was a team worst -6. HAHA

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Parise and he did a lot for us, but I recall many conversations on this board about him disappearing when the playoffs would come around.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didnt end in a goal but Tavares deke the sh*t out of Martin going to the net... wow....

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
one down 2 more to go!

lets go blues and caps!

yeah parise was MIA in the playoffs for most of his career until kovy showed up and they both got to play in 1 playoff together. we all know how that turned out.

i think parise is a great player and sorta a game changer* alone he cant do it but if he fed off another offensive star he would be lights out. its a shame he had it pretty good here if he could've convinced suter to come to nj this team would be fighting for the cup every year. kovy/parise/suter thats a tremendous top 3. but now he will have to settle for middle of the pack every year out west. i really dont see them competing with teams like the oilers who are going to hit their peak soon. the blues hawks will be good for the next few years. the avs are young and will be good soon. the jackets are almost on the doorstep too. imo the west is a lot harder to get into the playoffs then the east

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one down 2 more to go!

lets go blues and caps!

yeah parise was MIA in the playoffs for most of his career until kovy showed up and they both got to play in 1 playoff together. we all know how that turned out.

i think parise is a great player and sorta a game changer* alone he cant do it but if he fed off another offensive star he would be lights out. its a shame he had it pretty good here if he could've convinced suter to come to nj this team would be fighting for the cup every year. kovy/parise/suter thats a tremendous top 3. but now he will have to settle for middle of the pack every year out west. i really dont see them competing with teams like the oilers who are going to hit their peak soon. the blues hawks will be good for the next few years. the avs are young and will be good soon. the jackets are almost on the doorstep too. imo the west is a lot harder to get into the playoffs then the east

screw him

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackets will be our problem next year. Unfortunately. But the West as a whole will continue to be stacked either way.

Rags 1 game away from being done makes me happy. But I'm almost expecting a 7th game. NHL won't let then lose on home ice.

Kings winning actually gives me some relief. Shows last year wasn't a complete fluke for them.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackets will be our problem next year. Unfortunately. But the West as a whole will continue to be stacked either way.

Rags 1 game away from being done makes me happy. But I'm almost expecting a 7th game. NHL won't let then lose on home ice.

Kings winning actually gives me some relief. Shows last year wasn't a complete fluke for them.

Boy you nailed that statement... NHL wont let them lose on home ice....

I didnt see the game, but I saw the highlights and the Rags got 5 PP to the Caps NONE???? are you kidding me.... as dirty and as hard as the Rags play they didnt get a single call against them... I know the Caps should have something to bitch about... you cant tell me the Rags played flawless hockey, esp in the playoffs..... I sens the refs knew one PP and the Caps would score.... but then again... i didnt see the game... but even without seeing it... I call BS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even without the 5 penalties , Caps played horrible. Not what you'd expect out of a team trying to clinch..and I hate to keep blowing Lundqvist in this thread , but he was ON today. And is the only reason this series is going 7. It would actually be criminal for a goalie to play as well as he's played in this series and be on the losing team.

Holtby has been solid but Id imagine if this was a series against the B's or Pens he would've given up a lot more goals. Rags are just that bad offensively..all those chances to put the game away and again had to rely on Hank to win it in the end. Which he did with a great save on Carlson in the final seconds.

Rangers blocking was solid as well. But just like last year they are going to a Game 7 early in the postseason. They might be able to get a win just cause the road team is due for a win , but like last season , their style of play will keep them from living up to preseason expectations.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i really thought that since everyone expected the rangers to win that they would actually lose. but your right 5 pp's to none? thats insane considering all the overtime powerplays the refs have been handing out all post season.

i know the caps are the worst if not one of the worst teams when able to clinch a series. i think they are 12-24 i heard somewhere? but i think they get it done that place will be insane down there and they will actually get some powerplays this game.

think the nhl wants the rangers to advance or the caps?

caps/pens ovie/sid mvp/mvp debate in the eastern finals? a lot better sell then nyc and shot blocking 2-1 games imo.

if the rangers and leafs win. ugh that sets up a ranger leaf series and i can seriously see the rangers winning that in 5! so lets hope that the caps end it

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really thought that since everyone expected the rangers to win that they would actually lose. but your right 5 pp's to none? thats insane considering all the overtime powerplays the refs have been handing out all post season.

i know the caps are the worst if not one of the worst teams when able to clinch a series. i think they are 12-24 i heard somewhere? but i think they get it done that place will be insane down there and they will actually get some powerplays this game.

think the nhl wants the rangers to advance or the caps?

caps/pens ovie/sid mvp/mvp debate in the eastern finals? a lot better sell then nyc and shot blocking 2-1 games imo.

if the rangers and leafs win. ugh that sets up a ranger leaf series and i can seriously see the rangers winning that in 5! so lets hope that the caps end it

NY = largest ad market so theres your answer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Bruins comeback was probably the best playoff comeback that Ive seen..def the best I can remember. Leafs with the total chokejob. I was ready to put the Rags in the ECF's..now they gotta go through Boston. Little more consistent then the Caps.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
dude that was epic! bigger then the devils and canes!

and i agree irish with the rangers.

i txted a ranger fan today i knew he was licking his chops at the leafs matchup. lol he says he likes the bruins one. yeah right! give me the leafs any day over the bruins!

would've loved to see a video of the crowd outside the air canada center anyone have one?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Y! SPORTS

i agree that you have to man up and take the hand thats dealt. but its still pretty amazing zero penalties against a team fighting for playoff life? thats a little out there imo esp when everything gets called now

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a bad feeling about the Rangers. Nash didn't do anything in that series and they managed to win, plus they have the whole "nobody believes in us" thing going for them. I hope the Bruins can take care of business.