• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

playoffs

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i honestly just looked today at the playoff matchups i had no clue who was playing who.

first off talk about being depressed. im going to keep a casual eye on the playoffs but if the devils arent in i could care less. last year i watched every playoff game that i could see.

rangers landed the caps? WOW talk about LUCK! the rangers matchup perfet against them. they duck the bruins and pens even montreal to some extent.

tell you right now

i see the isles taking the pens to 6 even 7 but losing

the habs will get upset
bruins win

ugh just so depressing right now

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
o and talk about some ugly start times

12 noon on sunday? yikes! what non hockey fan will even think of staying in and watching that when its spring time?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll watch because I love hockey. I'm pulling for the Isles, they're a fun team to watch and I generally don't like see sports franchises in any league suffer for extended periods of time.

At the end of the day though as long as Chicago is in the finals it'll be good. You know the league is salivating at the thought of a Pittsburgh/Chicago finals.

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Crosby will not return Isles will get to the next round.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sid is going to be back according to most of the reports I've seen unless something has changed in the last couple days. I think Pitt wins in 5. I normally cheer for the smaller market teams when we're out. PHX, Nashville, CBJ, this year there really isn't a small market team out west, so I'm leaning towards VAN just to see them take a stab at it.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i wouldnt mind the nucks making it to the finals. only cause i want to see the city riot again. but i dont want a canadian team to win the cup

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool thread. Not as excited with the Devils out. But like someone mentioned, love the sport so I will follow it. Rooting for the West. Chicago just won a few years ago but they are fun to watch. St. Louis is a franchise that deserves to win a Cup. Wouldn't mind San Jose either. Nucks had their shot and blew it. Fuck the Ducks and Wings. Don't sleep on Toronto in that opening series. Isles are a good story. Fuck the Pens and Sens.

Most of all:

FUCK THE RAGS AND WILD!

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see a first round ass kicking that sends the Rags packing... So tired of the luck of that team and their dirty play. Plus their coach is a real A hole. Would love to see him blow up with a first round loss sending them packing...

After that, I dont care who wins... although I wouldnt mind seeing St Louis win it.... or the Isles......

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously it sucks we're not in it, but there is something cool about watching the playoffs with no dog in the fight. You're not watching series thinking who would we matchup better against, or worrying about how many games a team won a series in etc. You get to just sit back and watch without really caring and it makes it more enjoyable in a weird way. Also, I get much better sleep when the Devils aren't in the playoffs.

devil421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Anybody but the Rags or the Kings or the Wild. Im pulling for the Isles. The Pens are beatable if the Isles make it a physical series and beat Fleury up a lil.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
watched the chi overtime game. ugh depressing! the excitement those fans had with the overtime winner. glad it was against parise. even more happy suter was the one that got beat

also glad quick goofed on that st.louis goal. think that was the series right there. kings lose in 5

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
come to think of it that play actually made me think of a question.

quick in that situation knows hes in trouble why doesnt he just mug the st.louis player take him down? maul him? anything to keep him from scoring that empty net goal?

brings me to another question i never understood.

if your up a goal and defending in your zone with time running down why dont players just grab hold throw down stop the players anyway possible? if they get a penalty its no big deal because the game is over?

are there rules against these two plays? or is it just a "rule" among them?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sid is going to be back according to most of the reports I've seen unless something has changed in the last couple days. I think Pitt wins in 5. I normally cheer for the smaller market teams when we're out. PHX, Nashville, CBJ, this year there really isn't a small market team out west, so I'm leaning towards VAN just to see them take a stab at it.

Yeah, Sid has been practicing, I think the Isles are going to get pounded. Haven't really looked at many other matchups, too depressed after the Devils season to care much

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come to think of it that play actually made me think of a question.

quick in that situation knows hes in trouble why doesnt he just mug the st.louis player take him down? maul him? anything to keep him from scoring that empty net goal?

brings me to another question i never understood.

if your up a goal and defending in your zone with time running down why dont players just grab hold throw down stop the players anyway possible? if they get a penalty its no big deal because the game is over?

are there rules against these two plays? or is it just a "rule" among them?

Both probably unwritten rules, and players/teams would get ripped by fans and media for doing that. PR nightmare.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good point but hey if Ur playoff life is on the line....

Good rule change. If the team down a goal is on the pp they get the full 2 mins if penalty awarded with less then 2 mins to go

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anyone watching the caps game I hope you realize how important a powdrplay is

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most ranger fans I'm talking to today are blaming the game on Lundqvist (no shock there).

It's funny to me how they have no idea how bad they would be without him.

I heard a stat yesterday that they only lost 2 games the whole season when they scored 3 or more goals. Even in a 48 game season that's impressive. If Hank had even an average offense in front of him he would probably have multiple rings by now.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before, the Rangers problem is the exact opposite of ours, they have no bottom 6 whatsoever. Aaron Asham is not going to get the job done. In the playoffs line matching and throwing out top defensive pairings can negate the top 2 lines, if that's all you have you're done for. The Rangers don't really have much of anything past Nash, Cally and Richards.

Say what you want about the grinders, but Dubinsky, Prust, Anisimov, Rupp were a bitch to play against.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I actually wouldn't mind Ottawa to win it. I always like Alfredsson and think Karlsson is one of the best players in the league.

Rag fans are very stupid.
I got the same thing here. Henrik's fault.

If they didn't have Henrik, that team would be lottery every year.
Also, he saved their butts with some huge saves early on.

This series will be like the Rangers Caps series from couple years ago where the Rangers three stars of the series were the post, the crossbar and Henrik.

Oh by the way, where is Nash? He is too new to be blamed, but eventually they will want him out like they already want Richards gone this summer.
Never was impressed with him at all.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Granted the 3rd goal was a weak goal. Yes he made huge saves but I give them credit for calling him out