• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff chances

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have the tie-breaker edge (common opponents) on both the Hawks and Boys, so they'll need 2 Falcons losses (Bucs, Saints & Panthers) and to win the last 2, of course. But what for ? Who are they going to beat at their place in a playoff game ?

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense will get steamrolled if we make the playoffs.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have the tie-breaker edge (common opponents) on both the Hawks and Boys, so they'll need 2 Falcons losses (Bucs, Saints & Panthers) and to win the last 2, of course. But what for ? Who are they going to beat at their place in a playoff game ?

Correct. It is pretty straight forward now. Win the last 2 and ATL lose the last 2 is our only shot. A tie could help too if they lose out or if they tie and we win out. Basically if ATL wins 1 more game they are in, if not then the door cracks open.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lions are undefeated at US Bank stadium, home of the vikings, and host city for the Superbowl at the end of this season. Coincidence?

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct. It is pretty straight forward now. Win the last 2 and ATL lose the last 2 is our only shot. A tie could help too if they lose out or if they tie and we win out. Basically if ATL wins 1 more game they are in, if not then the door cracks open.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucs couldn't get out of their own way last night. I don't see Atlanta losing their last 2, though they're both tough games. That damned TD reversal and clock run off against them will probably turn out to be the difference.

Reactions: Rob

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucs couldn't get out of their own way last night. I don't see Atlanta losing their last 2, though they're both tough games. That damned TD reversal and clock run off against them will probably turn out to be the difference.

Unfortunately, it probably will. If it costs Caldwell his job then it is well worth it. Otherwise, I am going to be pissed.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy they will most likely win six road games and still miss out.

10-6 is an excellent season with the shit Dline andlack of a RB. Caldwell can't be expected to do more tbh. Id actually be pissed if they fired him. Unless the GM goes at the same time. That Id be fine with.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy they will most likely win six road games and still miss out.

10-6 is an excellent season with the shit Dline andlack of a RB. Caldwell can't be expected to do more tbh. Id actually be pissed if they fired him. Unless the GM goes at the same time. That Id be fine with.

I don't even know who you are anymore.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they win out, (which they should) I really don't see how you can fire him without a shitload of other heads rolling.

I don't see the problem with firing him.

He is a mediocre coach with mediocre results. They come out flat all the time because they take on the behaviors of their leader. They are good enough to squeak out wins against bad teams but still not smart enough to figure out you have shit RB's and too stubborn and old to play Tion or Zenner.

The OC is not good enough to be given solid wideouts, a franchise QB and an O-line with high draft picks and proven, high end veterans. It takes this dude 10-12 weeks to figure out AA and Riddick aren't worth a shit when they are being handed the ball? How do you have sooo much talent on an O-line and still can't get them to open holes in the running game?

Defense is also mediocre. It would be interesting to see what Austin could do with more talent. The fact is that his franchise middle linebacker still looks lost. Isn't his job to go over game film with him and make him better? Sure Hyder going down hurt but how come he is getting NOTHING from Ziggy?

The coaching staff is what it is to me, mediocre. Even if we get a runningback and pass rusher this off season. It will be some other reason we didn't win a division crown. Rodgers, Vikes D or whatever.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a sexy Dogo you have there if that's what I think it is. :eyebrows:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the problem with firing him.

He is a mediocre coach with mediocre results. They come out flat all the time because they take on the behaviors of their leader. They are good enough to squeak out wins against bad teams but still not smart enough to figure out you have shit RB's and too stubborn and old to play Tion or Zenner.

The OC is not good enough to be given solid wideouts, a franchise QB and an O-line with high draft picks and proven, high end veterans. It takes this dude 10-12 weeks to figure out AA and Riddick aren't worth a shit when they are being handed the ball? How do you have sooo much talent on an O-line and still can't get them to open holes in the running game?

Defense is also mediocre. It would be interesting to see what Austin could do with more talent. The fact is that his franchise middle linebacker still looks lost. Isn't his job to go over game film with him and make him better? Sure Hyder going down hurt but how come he is getting NOTHING from Ziggy?

The coaching staff is what it is to me, mediocre. Even if we get a runningback and pass rusher this off season. It will be some other reason we didn't win a division crown. Rodgers, Vikes D or whatever.
Hey, I've never liked the guy being HC for one quarter.

Just don't see how you can go from extension to firing a guy when the team goes 10-6 and didn't lose to anyone they shouldn't lose to. (Im assuming two more wins)

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they win out, (which they should) I really don't see how you can fire him without a shitload of other heads rolling.

You're probably right, but I'm hoping Quinn doesn't give a shit about optics and cans his sorry ass anyway.

"Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things." Granted, the dude only spent a decade or so in prison. Not like he was a Lions fan for fifty years.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right, but I'm hoping Quinn doesn't give a shit about optics and cans his sorry ass anyway.

"Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things." Granted, the dude only spent a decade or so in prison. Not like he was a Lions fan for fifty years.
"Hope can drive a man insane."

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I've never liked the guy being HC for one quarter.

Just don't see how you can go from extension to firing a guy when the team goes 10-6 and didn't lose to anyone they shouldn't lose to. (Im assuming two more wins)

We had one of the easiest schedules in the league. I cant remember the last time we played so many shit teams. 10-6 vs that schedule is not great.