• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff chances

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things."

"Hope can drive a man insane."

21fwem.jpg

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had one of the easiest schedules in the league. I cant remember the last time we played so many shit teams. 10-6 vs that schedule is not great.
Really?

We've played e'ry NFC playoff team, I think. (Nope, not the Iggles). And two of the AFC ones.

I mean, we only beat one. And they beat us too. And we only won the first time because Keenum kept finding open DBs, but Still...

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

We've played e'ry NFC playoff team, I think. (Nope, not the Iggles). And two of the AFC ones.

I mean, we only beat one. And they beat us too. And we only won the first time because Keenum kept finding open DBs, but Still...

We didnt play the Rams either. So 4 of 6 and yes lost to all of them and split MN. Thats 5 tough teams. 11 crap games. Granted we may end up winning 10 of 11. Those are typical bubble team numbers even if we get 10 wins.

So if we are 7th or 8th out of 16 that is still mediocre. Mediocre is Caldwell's middle name.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didnt play the Rams either. So 4 of 6 and yes lost to all of them and split MN. Thats 5 tough teams. 11 crap games. Granted we may end up winning 10 of 11. Those are typical bubble team numbers even if we get 10 wins.

So if we are 7th or 8th out of 16 that is still mediocre. Mediocre is Caldwell's middle name.
He didn't put the roster together.

Not succeeding and failing are different.

I always thought it was Danger... but Mediocre makes sense.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year's Lions frustration for me is home losses. FFS, how do they lose at home if they are even a wild card caliber team? The road wins were refreshing, and maybe, just maybe, if they squeak in to the playoffs, that new found ability to win outside of Ford Field pays off. I'm not holding my breath, though. Honolulu Blue looks fine on a jersey, not so much in ones cheeks.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year's Lions frustration for me is home losses. FFS, how do they lose at home if they are even a wild card caliber team? The road wins were refreshing, and maybe, just maybe, if they squeak in to the playoffs, that new found ability to win outside of Ford Field pays off. I'm not holding my breath, though. Honolulu Blue looks fine on a jersey, not so much in ones cheeks.

Well at least there will be that. If we make the playoffs we wont have to play at home.

Chief602

Resident Wookie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbass not kicking a FG and a bullshit 10 second runoff cost the Lions a playoff spot. Either one is a W and they are in. Caldwell not opting for the FG at that point in the game was inexcusable.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbass not kicking a FG and a bullshit 10 second runoff cost the Lions a playoff spot. Either one is a W and they are in. Caldwell not opting for the FG at that point in the game was inexcusable.

The losses to Saints, Panthers, Vikings, Ravens could also be the reason. Exclude the Stillers and Falcons games. They got curb stomped by the others. Garbage stats made them close.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals have gave up on their mediocre coach. They lose to them and I will have @broncosmitty go to Ford Field so I can protest Danger Caldwell’s firing via FaceTime

I am not counting it out.
All it takes is a couple AA fumbles, Stafford Int's or Mixon running all over our defense for it to happen.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to fire up my offenses with two cups of Ameer Abdullah and a dash of Eric Ebron.

This is how we will all look if this guy is still our coach next year.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bungals playing for nothing (not even pride). ATL has two in the division against teams trying to get to the playoffs - tough row to hoe for the dirty birds. Pack kept it close last night against queens, Hundley is better on the road than at home, so that could be the 'FFS' ending to this year of too many times frustrations.

On the bright side, the whole team is better. It is starting to look more like a few more pieces on D, and an RB that can produce average RB numbers and the Lions become contenders. Oh, yeah, and straighten out the coaching quagmire with a in game leader. Is that too many wishes for Santa to fulfill this year?