• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Plan " B" at qb

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure they made it a point to include the QB in their decision making. The boss clearly didn't want to exclude the QB.

So, I'm disputing your attempt to interject yourself into a conversation the you correctly pointed out "we were not there" The undisputed point was because the organization has yet to say that what the QB said wasn't true. C'mon man!

See above to understand why the player was and is not wrong.

See @dad's response, I totally agree with that.

Had GB involved Rodgers in their decision making, Rodgers wouldn’t be so pissed now.

So you assume that Watson’s account is 100% accurate because the organization hasn’t come out and said, liar, liar pants on fire.” Maybe that is the first professional thing Houston has done.

I am not saying Watson is lying...I don’t think he is lying. He doesn’t seem to be that kind of person. I am saying he could be mistaken on the intent of the statement...or he could be 100% accurate.

I am saying he is wrong for throwing this tantrum over a “lie.”

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with a full allotment of selections this team wouldn't be able to fill all of these spots so let me try this.

Agreed that retaining our guys is first thing up, however with my proposal the draft begins in the second round not the third.

FS or MLB in the second round preferably the MLB. Safety and WR can and likely will be addressed in FA.

Roll this year with the current crop of O-Linemen Address that next year

Draft DT in the later rounds this year and perhaps the TE

I've used 3 draft picks thus far leaving 2 to play with and possibly get a couple of those back-ups that you spoke of. Using the cap money is going to be a little more dicey, however, cutting Alex Smith does free up an extra 19M. Kerrigan is off the books, and there's still a decision to be made about L Collins if he refuses to play linebacker.

Next year takes care of itself as player personnel decisions are made, contract restructuring, trades, free agency and another draft all come into play with 5 more picks starting in the second round. Third year there's no 3rd rounder but an extra 4th along with an otherwise full compliment of picks.

BTW: If Watson is the guy, then I want Heinicke as his backup, so, Allen is gone too!
i dont believe your proposal will fly with the texans or beat out our competition . so i go with the worst scenario and hope for the best

drafting picks in the later rounds usually means they are BU's . sure we have hit on quite a few but the guy doing that is gone and replaced with people who have reputations of not hitting on late round guys

i dont count on 4th -7th rounders as being starter solutions . i am happy they are when it occurs but i dont make my draft policy based on outliers

now we do have things that could benefit us . harmon could come back and be a legit #2 (he had a chance at that before his injury )
AGG can get healthy and make the huge 2nd year jump same with charles

. i think cam sims can be a legit 3/4 along with AGG . clifford franklin may learn to catch a ball

the team's defensive backfield at safety can be helped with reaves . he knows the system and it has been shown on tape

now i keep allen if we get watson because allen will cost bout 650.000 . and i keep TH as well because both can move the team if watson goes down

people said we would get stafford for 2nds and 3rds and they werent even close and i think the predictions for what it will take to get watson will be much the same

dont misunderstand me thinking i dislike watson . i just want to protect him and give him weapons on both sides of the ball and i dont think waiting till 2023 to get top 64 talent in here works out for us

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where would you take him? :D

Unless Philadelphia is offering high draft compensation to any talking about Wentz after last year, every team should laugh at their front office for suggesting Wentz has trade value. That said, there are some extremely stupid owners and front office personnel in the NFL.
wentz would blow up our cap

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too understand his reasoning, if this was the NFL circa 19_ _, when the league wasn't nearly as QB centric as it is now. They (NFL owners) built this monstrosity and now they want to hold on to that old plantation mentality that held to a double standard in which employees know and must hold their place, while owners get to involve themselves in both the employees lives and other ventures unrelated to their game. This is no longer that time and place, everyone has a public opinion and because of that, truth must be the standard from which everyone agrees and operates from. Now, when people cannot separate truth (fact) from fiction that is an issue ascertained through means that must be questioned and unlearned.

Plantation mentality? I didn’t know slaves made millions of dollars and had a choice to be employed.

Players are welcome to have opinions and should be free to share them. They shouldn’t do it when acting in their professional capacity as a representative of the NFL and their team. They are not paid because they are football players. They are paid because they are entertainers within a business. If they start to cost the league by alienating the people who make all of them rich, then they are wrong.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so?

2021- 25 mil
2022- 22mil
2023- 25 mil
2024- 26 mil
ok you are right , i was thinking of something else my bad

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he could be an answer for us if we draft a qb and the rookie needs time

he does what we want in a qb

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had GB involved Rodgers in their decision making, Rodgers wouldn’t be so pissed now.

So you assume that Watson’s account is 100% accurate because the organization hasn’t come out and said, liar, liar pants on fire.” Maybe that is the first professional thing Houston has done.

I am not saying Watson is lying...I don’t think he is lying. He doesn’t seem to be that kind of person. I am saying he could be mistaken on the intent of the statement...or he could be 100% accurate.

I am saying he is wrong for throwing this tantrum over a “lie.”
Where's Mike McCarthy and who's responsible for his being in Dullass instead of GB? No say huh?

The first rule of thumb in business is profit and that goes hand in hand with business integrity and stability. As a business owner you protect your business as if it too was one of your children. Yes, I'm saying that Watson's account is accurate because had it not been protecting the brand would have kicked in in some form, Hell, even stating that there's been a misunderstanding and make nice would have served them better than admission through prolonged silence.

I love the way that you introduce characterizations that do not fit into a particular subject. "He is wrong for throwing this tantrum over a “lie.”

When all is said and done, the full measure of a man boils down to his ability to keep his word. Failing that he must never be trusted nor supported in his penchant to lie. This issue is all about integrity, one of them doesn't have it and the other is Deshaun Watson. You cannot blame him for rejecting the failings of a poor business owner.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont believe your proposal will fly with the texans or beat out our competition . so i go with the worst scenario and hope for the best

drafting picks in the later rounds usually means they are BU's . sure we have hit on quite a few but the guy doing that is gone and replaced with people who have reputations of not hitting on late round guys

i dont count on 4th -7th rounders as being starter solutions . i am happy they are when it occurs but i dont make my draft policy based on outliers

now we do have things that could benefit us . harmon could come back and be a legit #2 (he had a chance at that before his injury )
AGG can get healthy and make the huge 2nd year jump same with charles

. i think cam sims can be a legit 3/4 along with AGG . clifford franklin may learn to catch a ball

the team's defensive backfield at safety can be helped with reaves . he knows the system and it has been shown on tape

now i keep allen if we get watson because allen will cost bout 650.000 . and i keep TH as well because both can move the team if watson goes down

people said we would get stafford for 2nds and 3rds and they werent even close and i think the predictions for what it will take to get watson will be much the same

dont misunderstand me thinking i dislike watson . i just want to protect him and give him weapons on both sides of the ball and i dont think waiting till 2023 to get top 64 talent in here works out for us
That's fair and I support your opinions!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plantation mentality? I didn’t know slaves made millions of dollars and had a choice to be employed.

Players are welcome to have opinions and should be free to share them. They shouldn’t do it when acting in their professional capacity as a representative of the NFL and their team. They are not paid because they are football players. They are paid because they are entertainers within a business. If they start to cost the league by alienating the people who make all of them rich, then they are wrong.
Plantation mentality has nothing to do with slaves, it's just as antiquated as are notions that players, rich player should "know their place" or as some would have it, "Shut up and dribble!"/ "Shut up and play!"

When are player, Not players? Aren't they, when contractually employed always in "their professional capacity as a representative of the team?" Didn't this happen in what is now the "off-season?"

OK, they are entertainers, that we agree upon, but so is Tom Hanks, Willie Nelson, Barbara Streisand and a host of other "entertainers" working within a business and yet, everyone else can voice their opinions, what's the difference here?

Hmmmm let me guess?

Nope, I'm not going there, instead I'll maintain the high road and inform you that athletes like all other entertainers are individual business entities, unlike the movie or music industries, they come into their chosen field on well established enemies lists. Washington fan? then you aren't a fan of the Eagles, Giants or Goat-ropers! That's just the way that it is. They are also product salesmen, their product is their talent in the sports industry, they sell it others buy it, that's what makes them rich. There's not a business on the planet that doesn't follow this model. Good luck telling yourself otherwise.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz was benched and looked bad all season, has had significant injury concerns, and isnt mobile.

He isnt going to the WFT.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's Mike McCarthy and who's responsible for his being in Dullass instead of GB? No say huh?

The first rule of thumb in business is profit and that goes hand in hand with business integrity and stability. As a business owner you protect your business as if it too was one of your children. Yes, I'm saying that Watson's account is accurate because had it not been protecting the brand would have kicked in in some form, Hell, even stating that there's been a misunderstanding and make nice would have served them better than admission through prolonged silence.

I love the way that you introduce characterizations that do not fit into a particular subject. "He is wrong for throwing this tantrum over a “lie.”

When all is said and done, the full measure of a man boils down to his ability to keep his word. Failing that he must never be trusted nor supported in his penchant to lie. This issue is all about integrity, one of them doesn't have it and the other is Deshaun Watson. You cannot blame him for rejecting the failings of a poor business owner.

How long was McCarthy there? He and Rodgers didn’t see eye to eye. They chose Rodgers.

Would it be wise to throw your #1 merchandise seller under the bus in public, rather than let it go?

Watson is in fact throwing a tantrum, over what he characterized as a lie.

The failings of a poor businessman does not justify you acting every bit as poorly by not keeping your word...the contract.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plantation mentality has nothing to do with slaves, it's just as antiquated as are notions that players, rich player should "know their place" or as some would have it, "Shut up and dribble!"/ "Shut up and play!"

When are player, Not players? Aren't they, when contractually employed always in "their professional capacity as a representative of the team?" Didn't this happen in what is now the "off-season?"

OK, they are entertainers, that we agree upon, but so is Tom Hanks, Willie Nelson, Barbara Streisand and a host of other "entertainers" working within a business and yet, everyone else can voice their opinions, what's the difference here?

Hmmmm let me guess?

Nope, I'm not going there, instead I'll maintain the high road and inform you that athletes like all other entertainers are individual business entities, unlike the movie or music industries, they come into their chosen field on well established enemies lists. Washington fan? then you aren't a fan of the Eagles, Giants or Goat-ropers! That's just the way that it is. They are also product salesmen, their product is their talent in the sports industry, they sell it others buy it, that's what makes them rich. There's not a business on the planet that doesn't follow this model. Good luck telling yourself otherwise.

Plantation mentality literally goes back to the slaves and plantation owners.

Players are not players on their personal accounts. If a player wants to be political, do it on your private account.

I can’t stand Hollywood. I don’t believe they should be political either; however, they are private contractors. They don’t work for a specific employer, except during filming. They are not under contract with Disney for 20 years.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth, I was listening to Kevin Sheehan's podcast today with Cooley. Sheehan and Cooley went through every QB scenario.

Watson
Carr
Darnold
Winston
Fields
Lance
etc......

When Cooley was asked if he had to put money down, what's his best guess?

He said right now he'd put money on the Skins drafting a QB at 19 and having a legit three way battle in camp between Allen, Heinicke, and the #19 pick for the position.

Said he liked Carr over Darnold. Questioned Darnold's mental toughness.

Totally against signing Cam.

Said Mac Jones would be a top 5 pick if he could run.

Said Skins getting Watson is "fantasy."

Really liked Carr for a first, but not two first.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac Jones needs to lose some weight and I don't like that I remember a bunch of QB's with weight questions coming out of college and where are they now

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long was McCarthy there? He and Rodgers didn’t see eye to eye. They chose Rodgers.

Would it be wise to throw your #1 merchandise seller under the bus in public, rather than let it go?

Watson is in fact throwing a tantrum, over what he characterized as a lie.

The failings of a poor businessman does not justify you acting every bit as poorly by not keeping your word...the contract.
Webster's n every other dictionary says your wrong about the meaning of the word tantrum.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth, I was listening to Kevin Sheehan's podcast today with Cooley. Sheehan and Cooley went through every QB scenario.

Watson
Carr
Darnold
Winston
Fields
Lance
etc......

When Cooley was asked if he had to put money down, what's his best guess?

He said right now he'd put money on the Skins drafting a QB at 19 and having a legit three way battle in camp between Allen, Heinicke, and the #19 pick for the position.

Said he liked Carr over Darnold. Questioned Darnold's mental toughness.

Totally against signing Cam.

Said Mac Jones would be a top 5 pick if he could run.

Said Skins getting Watson is "fantasy."

Really liked Carr for a first, but not two first.
Carr would be a significant upgrade over what the Skins presently have. Two first rd picks would be a little steep. It's almost comical though. Teams wanna 86 a player with a quickness, but when someone comes a calling. All over sudden said team wants a king's ransom.