• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pippen Says Lebron has surpassed Jordan statistically

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

You can't just look at 1 stat. Yes. MJ was a better scorer. LeBron is better statistically in many other areas and he scores more efficiently than MJ did (both were highly efficient scorers).

Rings are team achievements. LeBron is unlikely to win another because to do so he would have to beat the Warriors who are the vastly superior team. Jordan never had to face anyone even in the ballpark of being as good as the Warriors. The Bulls were the dominant force in the NBA from the 90s, and it was about more than just MJ. They had great complimentary pieces too. The Warriors are the dominant force today.

If ring count is all that matters, are the same people going to say KD and Curry are in the GOAT conversation if they run off 5 or 6? I hope not, because LeBron is clearly the superior individual player.

LeBron has not passed MJ, but it could be a legit debate in a few years. It is closer now than most would care to admit.
Rings are the deciding factor FOR ME, when all other things are equal.

Otherwise, Mark Madsen > Malone > Barkley

With that being said, all things are not equal between Kobe and LeBron.

Lebron is the better player...imo

In fairness, I look for every opportunity to devalue Kobe...lol

But, only if it's logical.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this is damn funny. Here are LeBron & Kobe's career #'s through 14 seasons.

LeBron: 27.1 ppg, 7.3, rebs, 7.0 asts, 1.7 stls, 0.8 blks, .546 FG %, .342 3 pt. %
Kobe: 24.9, ppg, 5.3 rebs, 4.7 asts, 1.5 stls, 0.5 blks, .479 FG %, .331 3 pt. %

I highlighted the last stat because it's fucking hilarious LeBron has a better 3 pt. % through 14 years than Kobe. This should once & for all prove LeBron > Kobe. And if rings are the only way to judge a players career Robert Horry (7 rings) > MJ (6 rings). 7 RINGS IS BETTER THAN 6 RINGS, right? Now see how silly it is to keep mentioning ring counts?

Funny LeBron leads Kobe in every category yet somehow Kobe's the much better player.:pound:
Dude, know your audience.

You are arguing with a potato.

Ps. We are all biased.

Some of us can put it aside and debate with logic.

Others can't and debate based on emotions.

I'm pretty sure that's the reason putting anyone over Jordan is unthinkable for me, despite evidence to the contrary.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

You can't just look at 1 stat. Yes. MJ was a better scorer. LeBron is better statistically in many other areas and he scores more efficiently than MJ did (both were highly efficient scorers).

Rings are team achievements. LeBron is unlikely to win another because to do so he would have to beat the Warriors who are the vastly superior team. Jordan never had to face anyone even in the ballpark of being as good as the Warriors. The Bulls were the dominant force in the NBA from the 90s, and it was about more than just MJ. They had great complimentary pieces too. The Warriors are the dominant force today.

If ring count is all that matters, are the same people going to say KD and Curry are in the GOAT conversation if they run off 5 or 6? I hope not, because LeBron is clearly the superior individual player.

LeBron has not passed MJ, but it could be a legit debate in a few years. It is closer now than most would care to admit.
I agree with most of this but I'm not nearly as certain the Warriors are a lock to win every championship for the rest of LeBron's career. I figure 2 more max.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of this but I'm not nearly as certain the Warriors are a lock to win every championship for the rest of LeBron's career. I figure 2 more max.
First I want to point out that the argument was that LJ had passed MJ stats wise as if it was definitive and obvious. Then the op started talking about Kobe.

MJ: 30 ppg 49 FG% 3P% 32.7 6 RPG 5 APG 2.3 SPG 0.8 BPG AND FT% 82.8, 6 championships
LJ 27 ppg 50 FG% 3p% 40 7 RPG 7 APG 1.6 6 SPG 0.8 BPG AND FT% 77 3 championships
KB 25 ppg 44FG% 3p% 44 5 rpg 4.7 apg 1.4 spg 0.6 BPB and FT% 83 5 championships

Kobe's points per game was lower because he was often called on to take the last shot - even when he had little chance to score - but I still think Michael was a better scorer, better defender and made the other players better.

I don't see any of these totals saying that one or the other clearly was the best - I don't see a big difference between 49 fg and 50 - They are close enough - Clearly LeBron averages more rebounds and assists then Michael or Michael - but that could aslo because of the system in coaching or another and not necessarily because one was the best. Blacks, and steals are not that far apart either. The only definitive stat that passes the others is Michael's 6 - but LeBron has not finished his career either. If he can get even two more championships - his fans will have some valid points. Seriously there are only two stats out of all them that are bigger then MJ's and because his rebounds and assists are bigger then Michaels - you're saying that LeBron has passed Michael, I suppose 3 stats if you count the 3 point shooting percentage. In raw numbers both were equally effective in fielf goals period

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Kobe even being mentioned in a MJ vs Lebron conversation?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Kobe even being mentioned in a MJ vs Lebron conversation?
Don't expect an answer - I asked them that numerous times. The op said that LeBron has passed MJ but then posted Kobe's numbers against them for the comparison.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter what Pippen says.

Or Magic says.

Or anyone else.

Don't stats usually speak for themselves?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter what Pippen says.

Or Magic says.

Or anyone else.

Don't stats usually speak for themselves?
I think so, although when the results are mixed - you can interpret the results. Michael was a better scorer, but LeBron averages more rebounds and assists so then then what?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“The numbers don’t lie,” said Pippen. “He’s right there. He probably will never catch him in terms of MVP, but in terms of statistics, LeBron is right there. And when you look across the board, not just scoring — check his assists, check his rebounds — he’s probably ahead of Jordan.”

:L Probabbabaly?

Does Scotty know about google? Hell Kareem has more points than MJ.

Rebounds? Don't think so not sure
Steals? No
Blocks???

Points? Sure
Assists? Yes MJ liked taking big shots

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“The numbers don’t lie,” said Pippen. “He’s right there. He probably will never catch him in terms of MVP, but in terms of statistics, LeBron is right there. And when you look across the board, not just scoring — check his assists, check his rebounds — he’s probably ahead of Jordan.”

:L Probabbabaly?

Does Scotty know about google? Hell Kareem has more points than MJ.

Rebounds? Don't think so not sure
Steals? No
Blocks???

Points? Sure
Assists? Yes MJ liked taking big shots
Um, I posted the stats - MJ averaged 30, LeBron averaging 27 points
MJ averaged 6 rebounds, LeBron is averaging 7
MJ averaged 5 rebounds, LeBron averaging 7
FG% - 49.7 goes to Mj, 50 to LJ
3PT% 32.7 to MJ, 40% to LJ
Steals 2.3 to MJ, 1.6 to LeBron,
Blocks - 0.8 for each. Free throws - 82.8 for MJ and 77 for LJ

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And dam we just had GOAT poll so I didnt expect this thread for another 1-2 months

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, I posted the stats - MJ averaged 30, LeBron averaging 27 points
MJ averaged 6 rebounds, LeBron is averaging 7
MJ averaged 5 rebounds, LeBron averaging 7
FG% - 49.7 goes to Mj, 50 to LJ
3PT% 32.7 to MJ, 40% to LJ
Steals 2.3 to MJ, 1.6 to LeBron,
Blocks - 0.8 for each. Free throws - 82.8 for MJ and 77 for LJ

Ok we're talking averages not total. Just got in to the thread - I wasn't expecting another Lebron MJ comparison thread for another 1-2 months. Maybe things will change by February

:pound:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok we're talking averages not total. Just got in to the thread - I wasn't expecting another Lebron MJ comparison thread for another 1-2 months. Maybe things will change by February

:pound:
Well, you know how the kids can be and to be fair - when I was on ESPN, We used to call them KLF's which was short for Kobe Loving Faggots - and in their eyes Kobe was the messiah - anything that went wrong - was some one else's fault because Kobe did no wrong - so to some degree I understand their mentality

To some degree when looking at the raw numbers - I have to admit that LeBron will finish with better stats than Kobe if he can get a minimum of one more ring, but I am not ready to concede to LeBron over MJ - and I hated MJ at the time he played.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats are misleading. Always have been

Take that almost all teams now in the NBA average 100+ per game. Now take maybe 5 teams
In the 90s would average over 100 points per game.

So many variables. It's a lot easier to score now which = more points, assists

Doesn't Jordan have twice as many total steals as Lebron? How many more defensive 1st team all NBA awards does Jordan have?

Am I the only one here that's gonna look at defense? I mean you compare 2 players but only look at offensive stats/awards?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats are misleading. Always have been

Take that almost all teams now in the NBA average 100+ per game. Now take maybe 5 teams
In the 90s would average over 100 points per game.

So many variables. It's a lot easier to score now which = more points, assists

Doesn't Jordan have twice as many total steals as Lebron? How many more defensive 1st team all NBA awards does Jordan have?

Am I the only one here that's gonna look at defense? I mean you compare 2 players but only look at offensive stats/awards?
MJ: 30 ppg 49 FG% 3P% 32.7 6 RPG, 5 APG, 2.3 SPG 0.8 BPG AND FT% 82.8, 6 championships
LJ 27 ppg 50 FG% 3p% 40 7 RPG 7 APG 1.6 SPG 0.8 BPG AND FT% 77 3 championships