• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pippen Says Lebron has surpassed Jordan statistically

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao you don’t even know how many rings MJ has
My Bad - I was thinking of Kobe - Brain freeze - Too early in the morning but

6 RINGS IS BETTER THEN 3 RINGS - That makes LeBron look even dumber

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who looks dumber when you post 'then' when you mean 'than'?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides that - while the statistical averages are comparable, LeBron has not passed Michael Jordan - I do expect that little LeBron to come in a close second though

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now this is damn funny. Here are LeBron & Kobe's career #'s through 14 seasons.

LeBron: 27.1 ppg, 7.3, rebs, 7.0 asts, 1.7 stls, 0.8 blks, .546 FG %, .342 3 pt. %
Kobe: 24.9, ppg, 5.3 rebs, 4.7 asts, 1.5 stls, 0.5 blks, .479 FG %, .331 3 pt. %

I highlighted the last stat because it's fucking hilarious LeBron has a better 3 pt. % through 14 years than Kobe. This should once & for all prove LeBron > Kobe. And if rings are the only way to judge a players career Robert Horry (7 rings) > MJ (6 rings). 7 RINGS IS BETTER THAN 6 RINGS, right? Now see how silly it is to keep mentioning ring counts?

Funny LeBron leads Kobe in every category yet somehow Kobe's the much better player.:pound:

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In some ways he has but Jordan's still the GOAT IMO.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In some ways he has but Jordan's still the GOAT IMO.

Yeah, I actually agree that from an overall statistical perspective, LeBron has passed Jordan. (KAJ is the stat goat and still ahead of LeBron in that department though).

MJ is the goat though, and ahead of LeBron in terms of all-time lists.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LeBron: 27.1 ppg, 7.3, rebs, 7.0 asts, 1.7 stls, 0.8 blks, .546 FG %, .342 3 pt. %
Kobe: 24.9, ppg, 5.3 rebs, 4.7 asts, 1.5 stls, 0.5 blks, .479 FG %, .331 3 pt. %

I highlighted the last stat because it's fucking hilarious LeBron has a better 3 pt. % through 14 years than Kobe. This should once & for all prove LeBron > Kobe. And if rings are the only way to judge a players career Robert Horry (7 rings) > MJ (6 rings). 7 RINGS IS BETTER THAN 6 RINGS, right? Now see how silly it is to keep mentioning ring counts?

Funny LeBron leads Kobe in every category yet somehow Kobe's the much better player.:pound:
Here is the thing though, LeBron's Stays comes with 3 rings and a minimum of two choke jobs even with the best team in the NBA(that is what LeBron said when he declared the Heat would win 7 titles straight) But this thread was supposed to be Michael Jordan. He is the one you say was passed over by LeBoner. But I have digresssed

LEBRON'S stats comes with 3 championships. Kobe stats comes with 5 championships and Michael Jordan's comes with 6 and 5 or 6 is still better then 3:dhd:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

M Jordan 30 ppg, 6 rebs, 5 asts, 2.3 stls, 0.8 blks, 49% FG% 32% 3 pt% 6 championships
LeBron: 27.1 ppg, 7.3, rebs, 7.0 asts, 1.7 stls, 0.8 blks, .546 FG %, .342 3 pt. %, 3 Championships
Kobe: 24.9, ppg, 5.3 rebs, 4.7 asts, 1.5 stls, 0.5 blks, .479 FG %, .331 3 pt. %, 5 Championships

Well no because your stats are incomplete - If you're going to go by a complete resume vs resume, you have include all of the facts - the facts for LeBoner vs Kobe without including the discussion of the total number of championships is an incomplete resume - you're leaving out a critical part of that story - just as you are with the Robert Horry package - you have include the other accomplishments, such as being a starter, playing heavy minutes, being a leader, all star appearances, titles for the all defensive team of the year. And interestingly enough you pulled up a LeBoner vs Kobe Stats and said nothing about Michael Jordan's

Perhaps that was because you knew that 27 points per game is not bigger than 30 ppg career average subsequently puts a hole into the LeBron has passed Michael Jordan's numbers.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how many of you LeBron Lovers will still be hanging on the dude if he becomes a Lakers next year?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah he is the one that looks dumb :laugh3:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he is the one that looks dumb :laugh3:

Michael Jordan averaged 30 points per game in his career - and 6 championships
LeBron James has averaged 27 points per game in his career - and 3 championships
Kobe Bryant averaged 24 points per game in his career and 5 championships

I am still trying to figure out why any one is saying that LeBron has passed Michael Jordan statistically - and then brings in a Kobe Bryant comparison, so since you obviously think I am the one that is stupid, you can explain how 30 and 6 is actually smaller than 27 and 3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Jordan averaged 30 points per game in his career - and 6 championships
LeBron James has averaged 27 points per game in his career - and 3 championships
Kobe Bryant averaged 24 points per game in his career and 5 championships

I am still trying to figure out why any one is saying that LeBron has passed Michael Jordan statistically - and then brings in a Kobe Bryant comparison, so since you obviously think I am the one that is stupid, you can explain how 30 and 6 is actually smaller than 27 and 3

Really?

You can't just look at 1 stat. Yes. MJ was a better scorer. LeBron is better statistically in many other areas and he scores more efficiently than MJ did (both were highly efficient scorers).

Rings are team achievements. LeBron is unlikely to win another because to do so he would have to beat the Warriors who are the vastly superior team. Jordan never had to face anyone even in the ballpark of being as good as the Warriors. The Bulls were the dominant force in the NBA from the 90s, and it was about more than just MJ. They had great complimentary pieces too. The Warriors are the dominant force today.

If ring count is all that matters, are the same people going to say KD and Curry are in the GOAT conversation if they run off 5 or 6? I hope not, because LeBron is clearly the superior individual player.

LeBron has not passed MJ, but it could be a legit debate in a few years. It is closer now than most would care to admit.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron hasn't played in his twilight years yet. When his numbers drop dramatically. Once he retires, then we can compare stats.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no because your stats are incomplete - If you're going to go by a complete resume vs resume, you have include all of the facts - the facts for LeBoner vs Kobe without including the discussion of the total number of championships is an incomplete resume - you're leaving out a critical part of that story - just as you are with the Robert Horry package - you have include the other accomplishments, such as being a starter, playing heavy minutes, being a leader, all star appearances, titles for the all defensive team of the year. And interestingly enough you pulled up a LeBoner vs Kobe Stats and said nothing about Michael Jordan's

Perhaps that was because you knew that 27 points per game is not bigger than 30 ppg career average subsequently puts a hole into the LeBron has passed Michael Jordan's numbers.

The fact you called him LeBoner in your comment shows just how overly biased you really are. I don't like either player but the difference is I'm not letting my personal opinion of either get in the way of what the #'s say.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron hasn't played in his twilight years yet. When his numbers drop dramatically. Once he retires, then we can compare stats.

You've been waiting for a couple of years for LeBron's #'s to drop. Even when he's in the twilight of his career he'll still have better #'s than Yer Boy. And like I just said to truelakersfan I can't stand either of them. But I can put my personal opinion aside for both when discussing their careers.