• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Pick 1 RB to have in your backfield

Pick 1 RB to have in your backfield.

• Zeke Elliot - Dallas

• Saquon Barkley - NYG

• Christian McCaffrey - CAR

• The corpse of Todd Gurley - LAR

• Nick Chubb - CLE

• David Johnson (remember him?) - AZ

• Sony Michel - NE

• Joe Mixon - CIN

• Chris Carson - Seattle

• Derrick Henry - TEN

• Philip Lindsay - DEN

• James Conner - PITT

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kamara is a good choice tho, probably could have put him over lindsay or someone.

I had Lindsey, Chubb, and Kamara on my fantasy team last year and am guessing it will be hard to do that this season

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, but the game has changed. It's doesn't mean they aren't the same caliber, they are just a different style. Most great RB's right now can catch the ball out of the backfield and at a high rate, even line up in the slot like WR. Much more versatile.

Also, running over LB's isn't going to work much in these day and age. A lot of these LB's are as fast as RB's and weigh 250+

Well they have to because most don't use a FB anymore to help make that hole, but once a bruiser got a little steam behind him he could run over guys too and often break a big run once he got the LB's behind him, they couldn't bring him down...
And it hasn't been that long ago that Jamal Lewis and the Bus made it happen against these big fast LB's....
It really depends on the system a team wants to run as to whether one or the other but several teams are opting for the 2 headed RB system of late that kinda hybrids what you and I are talking about..

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understandable, but totally different style runner....And the point was that these RB's are not the same caliber as the greats of old...
I like a power RB that will get the yardage even if the box is loaded, Earl was that kind of runner...

I'm a long time Steeler fan and Campbell is my favorite running back of all time.....pure beast and could outrun you as well....The run against the Dolphins on MNF was insane......Bum ran him into the ground.......

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a log time Steeler fan and Campbell is my favorite running back of all time.....pure beast and could outrun you as well....The run against the Dolphins on MNF was insane......Bum ran him into the ground.......

Earl is my all time fav RB too.....Looked like LB's had trouble getting their arms around his thighs and would just bounce off like bowling pins...Loved watching him play...

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payton was all power and physicality. So, he blows past your standards. His whole shtick was choosing contact over running around a guy.

He was a great player and was very physical....But he did not possess the size and power of a Earl Campbell, Jim Brown, Franco Harris....
He was probably faster, but not as powerful IMO...
Great player though !!!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a great player and was very physical....But he did not possess the size and power of a Earl Campbell, Jim Brown, Franco Harris....
Great player though !!!

I think the "Sweetness" nickname has thrown you off. Walter Payton was not fast. Quick, good agility... but somewhat slow by RB standards. Payton did not have a lot of 50+ yard runs in his career. Payton wore defenses down. Moved the chains. Ran guys over. Brown was fast. Payton was a bruiser.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Lindsey, Chubb, and Kamara on my fantasy team last year and am guessing it will be hard to do that this season

Yeah, I had Saquon, Lindsay and Aaron Jones. Not to mention, AJ Green, Keenan Allen and Tyreek Hill. Fun times until they all ate a fat dick in my Week 15 semi-final. Green, of course, getting hurt. 12 team league... should have won that shit going away. 1,700 bucks through my fingertips.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well of course but the Saints RUN that play more than anyone else and have a far better QB and OL. They said Barkley is still the better receiving back ( 1st in catch % amongst all backs, 1st in yards created after catch ) . Everyone is relatively cheap on their rookie deal and both there guys are going to get paid after their rookie deal is up. Kamara will just get there a little sooner
See, you're saying things that aren't true though. The Giants were among the leaders in the NFL in yards on screen passes. Also, Barkley was nowhere near 1st in catch % among RBs. He was 20th among RBs, behind both Zeke and Kamara, among many others.

Kamara will get there sooner, but again, there's no way you can say Saquon is "20% better" than him based on anything.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the "Sweetness" nickname has thrown you off. Walter Payton was not fast. Quick, good agility... but somewhat slow by RB standards. Payton did not have a lot of 50+ yard runs in his career. Payton wore defenses down. Moved the chains. Ran guys over. Brown was fast. Payton was a bruiser.
if they played 16 games in 77 we have a different single season rushing leader. 132 YPG lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great player though !!!

Not more power but pretty close. Either way he was a better all-around RB. That's why he is mentioned in the best of all-time, top 2. Earl still top 5

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, you're saying things that aren't true though. The Giants were among the leaders in the NFL in yards on screen passes. Also, Barkley was nowhere near 1st in catch % among RBs. He was 20th among RBs, behind both Zeke and Kamara, among many others.

Kamara will get there sooner, but again, there's no way you can say Saquon is "20% better" than him based on anything.
The source I looked at had him first . Not sure why mine is different but you know analytics vary and yes the Giants use lots of screens just not as many as the Saints

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The source I looked at had him first . Not sure why mine is different but you know analytics vary and yes the Giants use lots of screens just not as many as the Saints
The Giants actually had more yards on screens than the Saints last year. Catch % isn't a gray area, it's simple math, and he definitely wasn't first among RBs. In fact, his catch rate was over 10% lower than the top 3 RBs in this metric.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants actually had more yards on screens than the Saints last year. Catch % isn't a gray area, it's simple math, and he definitely wasn't first among RBs. In fact, his catch rate was over 10% lower than the top 3 RBs in this metric.
I'm sure the Giants did have the most yards . They were throwing it to Barkley lol .

Anyway I'm arguing the majority ( by far position ). Why dont you ( the minority position ) justify your position ?

Barkley has more votes in the poll than the rest of the backs combined . So tell us why you'd possibly take anyone else . Or are you just being contrarian for fun ?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the Giants did have the most yards . They were throwing it to Barkley lol .

Anyway I'm arguing the majority ( by far position ). Why dont you ( the minority position ) justify your position ?

Barkley has more votes in the poll than the rest of the backs combined . So tell us why you'd possibly take anyone else . Or are you just being contrarian for fun ?
You are absolutely in the minority for saying Barkley is "at least 20% better" than any other RB in the league. Nothing at all supports that.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are absolutely in the minority for saying Barkley is "at least 20% better" than any other RB in the league. Nothing at all supports that.
Well that's my opinion and not what the thread is about . So if you aren't taking Barkley for the poll the tell us why . If you are taking Barkley then we are debating semantics

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's my opinion and not what the thread is about . So if you aren't taking Barkley for the poll the tell us why . If you are taking Barkley then we are debating semantics
Not at all. I've already admitted he's the likely choice with Elliott. This has been about your statement about him being 20% better than every other RB. That's just an outrageous statement that, again, is totally unsubstantiated.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. I've already admitted he's the likely choice with Elliott. This has been about your statement about him being 20% better than every other RB. That's just an outrageous statement that, again, is totally unsubstantiated.
I believe he is given all the other benefits . Age , team control, performance with a worse OL and QB. I can't substantiate those things because Barkley hasn't had a great QB or OL yet . You're asking me for "proof " of my opinion that I can't provide because it doesn't exist. It would be akin to you saying by you think Mayfield will be better this year and me asking you to prove it right now

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he is given all the other benefits . Age , team control, performance with a worse OL and QB. I can't substantiate those things because Barkley hasn't had a great QB or OL yet . You're asking me for "proof " of my opinion that I can't provide because it doesn't exist. It would be akin to you saying by you think Mayfield will be better this year and me asking you to prove it right now
The performance with a worse OL and QB doesn't really make sense considering Lindsay was actually better on a per rush basis - and by a wide amount - with a worse OL and worse QB. That's the point. The NYG OL wasn't great but it was far from the worst. Saquon is a workhorse, absolutely, but from an on-field perspective, it's just foolish to say he's 20% better than any other QB in the NFL. Saying I think Mayfield will be better this year is at least logical and makes sense.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The performance with a worse OL and QB doesn't really make sense considering Lindsay was actually better on a per rush basis - and by a wide amount - with a worse OL and worse QB. That's the point. The NYG OL wasn't great but it was far from the worst. Saquon is a workhorse, absolutely, but from an on-field perspective, it's just foolish to say he's 20% better than any other QB in the NFL. Saying I think Mayfield will be better this year is at least logical and makes sense.
Ok so show me the stats to prove it lol