• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peters: "I'm not going to get hurt for this"

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Jason Peters took himself out

"Howard Eskin of FOX 29 in Philadelphia reported that Eagles tackle Jason Peters took himself out of the game in the fourth quarter of Saturday night’s loss to the Redskins.

The Redskins clinched the NFC East with a 38-24 win. Citing a source, Eskin reported that Peters told people on the sideline, “I’m not going to get hurt for this.”

Sunday, Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News backed up Eskin’s report, tweeting that a source told him Peters didn’t want to risk injury for a team that isn’t going to the playoffs."

Peters might not be a Chip Kelly fan.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning fixes everything.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have an All-Pro veteran leader on your team that's pulls themselves out of a game because they don't want to get hurt, you have a player that hasn't bought into the system. You just don't do that unless there's a problem. That's the first piece of the puzzle I'd look at if I were Lurie. Warranted or unwarranted, if you're a six year NFL veteran looking for a new contract and the money's close, are the Eagles / Chip Kelly the most attractive option? There are a growing number of high talent players that aren't singing CK's praises. Peters probably figured he was gone after this year anyway. Great talent, hate to see him leave the game bitter.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boom there goes the dynamite. Lurie has to be seeing this, in fact we know he is. He is the one that addressed the team in New England, he bought the 53 Angry men shirts. Writing is on the wall, Kelly is either gone or will be neutered this offseason.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters is a warrior but I am thinking he is done. Arguably his play and health this year was the teams biggest problem. They can't pay him next year unless they expect him to return to full health.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Peters has been playing hurt, and the moment this team lost that game he said screw it. I don't blame him but I do think it sends a terrible signal to the younger players and he should apologize, if not retire.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the most reasonable thing anyone in the city has said all year.

If it offends you then shut the fuck up, pussy.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Sam will play this weekend? if he were to get hurt it could cost him millions in FA.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters is a warrior but I am thinking he is done. Arguably his play and health this year was the teams biggest problem. They can't pay him next year unless they expect him to return to full health.

Peters was the teams biggest problem? :L:L:L

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters was the teams biggest problem? :L:L:L

Well, if you don't count the WRs, RBs, QB, OL, or all of the defense, I agree.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if you don't count the WRs, RBs, QB, OL, or all of the defense, I agree.

Well they had a much improved secondary and basically the same front four. When healthy the inside linebacker s were better.

Bradford was better than foles. Tobin and Barbre were as good as mathis and Herremans. It was Peters whose play was no where near last year's version.

Wide receivers were also a big problem I agree. But the rbs are very talented. Without a dominant left tackle it caused all sorts of inconsistencies in this offense.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford was better than foles. .
Statistically, he wasn't really better then Foles in 2014: Foles won 6/8 starts. Foles averaged more ypg, more ypa, more TDs in fewer starts. Bradford had a marginally higher completion percentage and was 3% higher in QB rating, which apparently means something to you. Bradford was no where close to Foles' 2013.

So it's hard to objectively conclude Bradford was markedly better.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statistically, he wasn't really better then Foles in 2014: Foles won 6/8 starts. Foles averaged more ypg, more ypa, more TDs in fewer starts. Bradford had a marginally higher completion percentage and was 3% higher in QB rating, which apparently means something to you. Bradford was no where close to Foles' 2013.

So it's hard to objectively conclude Bradford was markedly better.

Foles was playing behind a better Oline with better WR's and a better D. Pre Genius Chip debacle.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they had a much improved secondary and basically the same front four. When healthy the inside linebacker s were better.

Bradford was better than foles. Tobin and Barbre were as good as mathis and Herremans. It was Peters whose play was no where near last year's version.

Wide receivers were also a big problem I agree. But the rbs are very talented. Without a dominant left tackle it caused all sorts of inconsistencies in this offense.

A much improved secondary? :rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2: They gave up more passing td's this year than last year. And the season's still not over.

Tobin and Barbre were as good as Mathis and Herremans? :crazy::crazy::crazy: You and stoutland and kelly are the only ones who believe that bullshit. They're the 29th ranked ol in the league. The eagles have run for 300 yds less than last year. the skins had the 29th worst rushing defense and they could only average 2.8 ypc. They'd have problems blocking Alabama's line.

You're absolutely clueless. You should stick to offering analysis on the pop warner games in your neighbourhood.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Sam will play this weekend? if he were to get hurt it could cost him millions in FA.

^^ Now that's some funny chit right there ^^ :hurt:

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cpost: 77691 said:
A much improved secondary? :rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2: They gave up more passing td's this year than last year. And the season's still not over.

Tobin and Barbre were as good as Mathis and Herremans? :crazy::crazy::crazy: You and stoutland and kelly are the only ones who believe that bullshit. They're the 29th ranked ol in the league. The eagles ha 300 yds less than last year. the skins had the 29th worst rushing defense and they could only average 2.8 ypc. They'd have problems blocking Alabama's line.

You're absolutely clueless. You should stick to offering analysis on the pop warner games in your neighbourhood.
I really dont think tobn and barbre are anything special. but neither are mathis and herremans. Journeyman guards. At least tobin a d barbre are starting this year. Herremans is unemployed and mathis is riding the bench. I agree with all your stats. The ol is horrible this year. The design was good center outstanding tackles and journeyman guards. The big part of the plan that didnt workout is peters.