• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete out as HC!!!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought she had a decision to make but she could not sell the team before 2025. Does Paul's will explicitly state she has to sell the team and what legal merit does that have? That seems highly odd to me.
I think there was a lot of misinformation floating around about that "she will have to sell the team" thing. She's got deep, deep pockets now, she and her children are bigtime Seahawk fans, and there is no reason they need sell the team at this time.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Michigan cheated is one of the dumber comments I've read when it comes to talking about Harbaugh.

Even if you want to believe that Michigan's "cheating" was a big advantage, it ended before Michigan played ANY of the ranked teams on its schedule.

I doubt he's coming to Seattle but he's clearly a good coach.
He's not coming to Seattle because he'd doesn't want to work underneath Pete who routinely pushed Harbaugh's team's shit in for years in the 2010s.

He's probably smart to get the F out of Michigan before they shit hits the fan though. That natty gonna be vacated.

In any case, we don't tolerate cheaters in Seattle unless they win titles without having their assistant coaches take over for half the games.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there was a lot of misinformation floating around about that "she will have to sell the team" thing. She's got deep, deep pockets now, she and her children are bigtime Seahawk fans, and there is no reason they need sell the team at this time.

Well @flyerhawk mentioned it (not trying to call you out man, I just want info) and that's news to me. I was under the impression she can't SELL the team before 2025... but she can certainly choose to keep the team. If that's wrong flyer please let me know.

If she is able to keep the team (and can ignore the will ask - which can be ignored. If I put in my will that I want Harold to nuke Pittsburgh, he can't legally do that) then this is a great thing for Seattle fans. And Allen has deep investment in Seattle. It was her brother's dream to build this franchise... it's not like it's just money for her.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn
Verbal
Rivera
Pierce
Glenn
Johnson

Harbaugh
Harbaugh regardless of the cheating allegations gets teams competitive, even though he’s an odd dude, he gets results and that’s why you hire a guy … Don’t agree with cheating though, that shouldn’t be part of sports, but clearly no cheating was going on after it was brought up and Michigan still played well… What about Mike Macdonald, Ravens D coordinator ?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take that. But, just to be straight - a once upon a time super bowl winner way past his coaching prime turning into the worst coach in team history type - sound better? ;)
That is acceptable.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh regardless of the cheating allegations gets teams competitive, even though he’s an odd dude, he gets results and that’s why you hire a guy … Don’t agree with cheating though, that shouldn’t be part of sports, but clearly no cheating was going on after it was brought up and Michigan still played well… What about Mike Macdonald, Ravens D coordinator ?

On there. Probably after Johnson

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a quick list

Mike McDonald
Frank Smith
Ben Johnson
Jeff Ulbrich
Ejiro Evero
Dan Quinn

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Ben Johnson... he'll do damage with the weapons we have on offense. If we bring him in expect lineman as the first pick. It's an offensive league. I don't want another defensive HC.

What I want is a coach that will either focus on only one side of the ball OR focuses only on head coaching in general and doesn't try to control either side of the ball.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I think he's a helluva coach. Not sure who they're gonna find that's better.

He's been a great coach. But his teams have been on a downslope for a few years despite the talent actually improving.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not coming to Seattle because he'd doesn't want to work underneath Pete who routinely pushed Harbaugh's team's shit in for years in the 2010s.

He's probably smart to get the F out of Michigan before they shit hits the fan though. That natty gonna be vacated.

In any case, we don't tolerate cheaters in Seattle unless they win titles without having their assistant coaches take over for half the games.

The odds of the natty being vacated are close to zero. Certainly not because of the so called cheating allegations.

I'd be pretty thrilled with having a head coach that has coordinators that are so good that they can win games when he's not there.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been a great coach. But his teams have been on a downslope for a few years despite the talent actually improving.

Fair enough I suppose. I'm just always impressed with his energy level for a guy that age. I often wonder if coaching is what keeps him so young. I guess we'll see now.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well @flyerhawk mentioned it (not trying to call you out man, I just want info) and that's news to me. I was under the impression she can't SELL the team before 2025... but she can certainly choose to keep the team. If that's wrong flyer please let me know.

If she is able to keep the team (and can ignore the will ask - which can be ignored. If I put in my will that I want Harold to nuke Pittsburgh, he can't legally do that) then this is a great thing for Seattle fans. And Allen has deep investment in Seattle. It was her brother's dream to build this franchise... it's not like it's just money for her.

The Seahawks can't be sold before May of 2024 or they will be forced to pay a 10% fee to Seattle as part of the original deal for the stadium.

OTOH, there is a stipulation that Jody sells both the Seahawks and Blazers although it is unknown if there is a time line associated with that requirement much less what it is.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough I suppose. I'm just always impressed with his energy level for a guy that age. I often wonder if coaching is what keeps him so young. I guess we'll see now.

Honestly, I would have been happy with keeping him if he had been willing to bring in an independent DC that would be resonsible for the actual defense while Pete ran the football team in general.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks can't be sold before May of 2024 or they will be forced to pay a 10% fee to Seattle as part of the original deal for the stadium.

OTOH, there is a stipulation that Jody sells both the Seahawks and Blazers although it is unknown if there is a time line associated with that requirement much less what it is.

K so your first part I get (she can still sell it but oof on that price tag - Seattle will not be a high valued home at this point).

Your second part is very vague and doesn't tell me much. IF Jody can keep the team (and by some power of God (the courts) is not forced to sell) then this is great news because what this is telling me is she plans to keep the team or sell it where ownership doesn't matter because Seattle basically reaches the Super Bowl in 2025.

Again, not trying to be a dick, but your original statement indicated she has to sell the team. Now you're saying it doesn't or you're unsure. I realize you're probably not part of her legal staff but that's why I asked.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres nothing that says jody cant "buy" the team herself, she has a $20b net worth

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Quinn is a strong Candidate.

Oh My God Omg GIF
That’s the rumor

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K so your first part I get (she can still sell it but oof on that price tag - Seattle will not be a high valued home at this point).

Your second part is very vague and doesn't tell me much. IF Jody can keep the team (and by some power of God (the courts) is not forced to sell) then this is great news because what this is telling me is she plans to keep the team or sell it where ownership doesn't matter because Seattle basically reaches the Super Bowl in 2025.

Again, not trying to be a dick, but your original statement indicated she has to sell the team. Now you're saying it doesn't or you're unsure. I realize you're probably not part of her legal staff but that's why I asked.
Shark are you soberposting? Wtf is this?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The odds of the natty being vacated are close to zero. Certainly not because of the so called cheating allegations.

I'd be pretty thrilled with having a head coach that has coordinators that are so good that they can win games when he's not there.
Allegations? Oh boy. Yeah they are totally just allegations. That's why he accepted the punishment without any real fight and had assistant coaches destroying evidence. Sounds like he learned something from one of his other Michigan buddies.

Even if every team was doing it, how stupid was Harbaugh to be the only guy getting caught?

But yeah I'd totally like to have a coach that has his assistants coaching for him half the time because he's suspended for cheating.