• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete out as HC!!!

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll said he doesn't exactly know what his role is going to be, he's just thankful they intend to keep him a part of the organization.
The correct answer. If anyone understands football politics, it's Pete Carroll. Highly doubt if that is what he is actually thinking.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with Pete gone is now your best opportunity to let Schneider operate (and I believe Schneider will 100% stay - as he took back control from Carroll the picks have been decent). Now is where I see Seattle making a move for a QB.

I think the percent chance Seattle selects a QB has skyrocketed after this move.
I love Schneider. If they fired him he would remain on the unemployment line about as long as Billy Beane would, which is a matter of minutes, not months, weeks, days, or even hours.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, it's over. Finally. To a standing ovation.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deserved IMO
Sure. He and Holmgren were the two best to stand on those sidelines and he had a hell of a run. I don't care what people think of him the last few seasons, he's forever etched in Seahawks history and will be up on the ring soon enough.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of whether they were guilty, the crime is far too petty to vacate a national title.
Ask Pete Carroll how that shit goes.

At least Reggie Bush was being cool and getting sweet cars. Harbaugh's QB couldn't make it one half of football without a mental health check from a therapist. All the stress of cheating probably got to him.

If not for cheating, Harbaugh's probably looking at some issues in the future due to all his slumber parties with teenage boys.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, my take:

Really, it's sort of a mixed bag of reactions after hearing about this...

On one hand, you gotta give credit to the man who gave us our first title. Then again, it wasn't so much that it had been a decade since that happened, but more like his coaching system got rather...antiquated.

And we can squabble about who was REALLY calling plays, esp on defense. He may have had a hand in that, but no matter who it was, we STILL needed a better playbook than they had. Maybe now, we can finally get that.

I also understand he wants to stay in the organization doing something else. Just do us one favor, Pete: DON'T BE A GM. We remember the "when a coach GMs" issue all too well with Holmgren. A better position might be there for you.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask Pete Carroll how that shit goes.

At least Reggie Bush was being cool and getting sweet cars. Harbaugh's QB couldn't make it one half of football without a mental health check from a therapist. All the stress of cheating probably got to him.

If not for cheating, Harbaugh's probably looking at some issues in the future due to all his slumber parties with teenage boys.

Cool story.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh or quinn
I really can't see Harbaugh coming here. There is speculation that Quinn is a possibility, but I'm sure no one knows at this point.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, my take:

Really, it's sort of a mixed bag of reactions after hearing about this...

On one hand, you gotta give credit to the man who gave us our first title. Then again, it wasn't so much that it had been a decade since that happened, but more like his coaching system got rather...antiquated.

And we can squabble about who was REALLY calling plays, esp on defense. He may have had a hand in that, but no matter who it was, we STILL needed a better playbook than they had. Maybe now, we can finally get that.

I also understand he wants to stay in the organization doing something else. Just do us one favor, Pete: DON'T BE A GM. We remember the "when a coach GMs" issue all too well with Holmgren. A better position might be there for you.
You got the feeling from watching the presser that he was basically fully fired, but with the soft 'we will find a role within the organization' thing just to preserve his legacy. He's a ring of honor coach for sure and you'd rather he leaves on the best terms possible than sully that status. It's in the organizations best interest to keep him fond in the hearts of our fans.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn
Verbal
Rivera
Pierce
Glenn
Johnson

Harbaugh
only a slump-shouldered pillow biter, puts a washed up and never was rivera above harbaugh. Harbaugh has more conference title appearances in 1 4 yr stint as an HC than rivera has the whole time he was a coach.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3