• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State Recruiting 2014

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prince's high school HC is Keith Goganious.

yeah, if we can pull him getting in it this late, it would be one hell of a feat. Im curious to see if we can get back in with Henry. I think we have 4 left now, looks like Amani Oruwariye will get 1, hopefully Blacknall another, that leaves 2. Would love to finish with Koa Farmer and a big surprise of Prince, Henry or even Nicholson 9not real high on him, but it would make a statement if Franklin can flip him that quick)

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, sounds like we have 4 ships left, all 5 early enrollees count back to last years class. Sounds like Oruwaryie is going to pull trigger this weekend and its looking very positive for Blacknall, leaves 2 spots. I'd love to finish with Prince and an LB like Farmer or flip someone out of blue like Henry or even Nicholson. Would be a VERY nice class and things are looking very good for 2015 class. The staff was out in NJ today, despite the weather

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, sounds like we have 4 ships left, all 5 early enrollees count back to last years class. Sounds like Oruwaryie is going to pull trigger this weekend and its looking very positive for Blacknall, leaves 2 spots. I'd love to finish with Prince and an LB like Farmer or flip someone out of blue like Henry or even Nicholson. Would be a VERY nice class and things are looking very good for 2015 class. The staff was out in NJ today, despite the weather

If we get Blacknell would we be the Denver Broncos and throwing every down? My GOD we would have amazing WR's and this is without Allen Robinson. It's looking like the 1994 PSU offense.

Being greedy now after this good recruiting class but I really would like to have a another stud OL and CB to fill out this class. I would like Nicholson so he could prove LinebackerU or myself wrong :nod:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get Blacknell would we be the Denver Broncos and throwing every down? My GOD we would have amazing WR's and this is without Allen Robinson. It's looking like the 1994 PSU offense.

Being greedy now after this good recruiting class but I really would like to have a another stud OL and CB to fill out this class. I would like Nicholson so he could prove LinebackerU or myself wrong :nod:

Check out Blacknall's twitter page, looks like he's leaning PSU. He's also now following a bunch of PSU players/recruits/coaches and unfollowing Md media peeps etc.

That 1994 offense had 2 perennial pro bowlers and another 1st rouind pick on the OL and KiJana Carter as well, we aren't quite there yet:suds:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out Blacknall's twitter page, looks like he's leaning PSU. He's also now following a bunch of PSU players/recruits/coaches and unfollowing Md media peeps etc.

That 1994 offense had 2 perennial pro bowlers and another 1st rouind pick on the OL and KiJana Carter as well, we aren't quite there yet:suds:

1994 ----------------2014
Kerry Collins - Christian Hackenberg
Ki-Jana Carter- Akeem Lynch
Mike Archie- Richy Anderson
Bobby Engram- Geno Lewis
Freddy Scott- De'Andre Thompkins
Joe Jurevicius- Chris Goodwin
Kyle Brady- Adam Breneman

Yes some reaches but in 2014 we have more quality receivers to spread the ball to.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1994 ----------------2014
Kerry Collins - Christian Hackenberg
Ki-Jana Carter- Akeem Lynch
Mike Archie- Richy Anderson
Bobby Engram- Geno Lewis
Freddy Scott- De'Andre Thompkins
Joe Jurevicius- Chris Goodwin
Kyle Brady- Adam Breneman

Yes some reaches but in 2014 we have more quality receivers to spread the ball to.

LOL, I like Lynch, but Carter is arguably the best RB to ever suit up here, Archie played all tailback, no slot, Bobby Engram IS the best WR we ever had, PERIOD, also don't forget the 2 stud NFL fullbacks in Witman and Milne. Greely, Hartings, Rivera, Johnson, Conlin were all better than anyone we have on OL now...Joe J had 1 catch that year.

That team produced 3 of the top overall 11 picks in draft and 3 more 1st rounders on OL, that's not even counting Bobby Engram. That offense was just plain filthy and unstoppable. No matter what you tried to take away, they had an answer with a bigtime weapon elsewhere and the horses up front to smash it down your throat.

I like this team alot, but that 94 squad was a once in a lifetime type team on offense.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I see this years team having more weapons at receiver. Oh God yes 1994 had a better o-line and RB. I was just putting who it was and what we have now. They could run it all the time in 1994 and when defenses finally put everyone on the line we threw to Engram.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MP85LKOum0]Ki-Jana Carter - 83-yard TD vs Oregon - 1995 Rose Bowl - YouTube[/ame]

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a lot of unproven talent at WR this year. Freddie Scott was a force and Engram caught anything in his direction. Brady was also a more complete TE than anyone we have right now. That team was just ridiculous, glad I was able to watch almost every second of that season

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, back on track, Looks like we may have a very legit shot at Prince now

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prince has decided on PSU as his last official visit. If Franklin can pull this off in this short a time, I'll be very impressed

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is getting very exciting. In a matter of two weeks. I am salivating thinking about all the top 10 classes we will have in the future. Funny how 3 weeks ago Nittany Nation was up in arms, and now more excited than ever. I will not forget O'Brien for keeping us relevant, but Franklin is the guy to lead us back to dominance. OSU better be watching their back, especially since Meyer only has 2-3 years before more "health concerns"

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been a wild 3 week amusement park. The down of O'Brien leaving and the ups and down of coaching search, the huge up of hiring Franklin, the high continued when he brought 2 Vandy commits with him, the down of players leaving, the ups of new commits, the down of LJ leaving, the ups of more commits from Vandy, and now the hunt for the remaining players to fill the scholarship limit. This year should be one amazing ride for all PSU fans to enjoy.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prince has decided on PSU as his last official visit. If Franklin can pull this off in this short a time, I'll be very impressed

We need a good OT and he looks like a stud. If we could land Prince it would be mind blowing especially this late into the recruiting period.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also word that Thomas Holley isn't out of the question either. This staff is relentless. Hand is already going to see Prince today. Spencer, Shoop and Franklin working on Holley.

Prince, this year, plus the very high ranked kids who are strong on PSU early for 2015 like Jenkins, Pettibon and Bates, would make for a very solid foundation.

Last edited by a moderator:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been a wild 3 week amusement park. The down of O'Brien leaving and the ups and down of coaching search, the huge up of hiring Franklin, the high continued when he brought 2 Vandy commits with him, the down of players leaving, the ups of new commits, the down of LJ leaving, the ups of more commits from Vandy, and now the hunt for the remaining players to fill the scholarship limit. This year should be one amazing ride for all PSU fans to enjoy.

Give this staff a full year to recruit and look out. :suds:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would love to see this. Like NaVorro a kid from where I grew up and my brother and nephews still live.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to see this. Like NaVorro a kid from where I grew up and my brother and nephews still live.

yeah, it would be a real kick in the nuts for the turtles as well, so I'd love it even more.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting look at this class....21 recruits from 14 states. Casting wide net

Pennsylvania (3)
New Jersey (3)
Delaware (2)
Virginia (2)
Maryland (2)
Georgia
Kentucky
New York
North Carolina
Florida
Illinois
Massachusetts
Illinois
Mississippi
Ohio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"He's gone. Goodbye!"

- Keith Jackson

KiJana is one of the nicest players I have ever met as well. He's still on sidelines for many big games and very into it. He is always going crazy down there, its a damn shame his knees didn't hold up, he was a special RB when healthy.