• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State Recruiting 2014

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just wait till next year when this staff has full year to recruit, buckle up, we are about to go on a fun ride people

We are in on so many big time kids next year. Off the top of my head i know Minkah Fitzpatrick, Sterling Jenkins and Jordan Whitehead all have interest, among others I can't even think of right now. I even saw George Campbell tweet that we offered the other day.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are in on so many big time kids next year. Off the top of my head i know Minkah Fitzpatrick, Sterling Jenkins and Jordan Whitehead all have interest, among others I can't even think of right now. I even saw George Campbell tweet that we offered the other day.

If we don't have a top 10 class next year, I'll be stunned. Could easily be top 5 with all the talent in our wheelhouse, plus the coaches already getting involved with top flight National guys.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been 2 days without any new recruit committing to Penn State what is wrong with this staff? :noidea:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been 2 days without any new recruit committing to Penn State what is wrong with this staff? :noidea:

Franklin is busy attending the President's State of the union address tonight :yahoo:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Ritzarmy may be happy this weekend, Montae Nicholson supposedly visiting PSU this weekend, coupled with Franklin saying his mission this week is flipping #1 player in state and the fact they seem to be slow playing Amani....gotta think there's a legit shot

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Ritzarmy may be happy this weekend, Montae Nicholson supposedly visiting PSU this weekend, coupled with Franklin saying his mission this week is flipping #1 player in state and the fact they seem to be slow playing Amani....gotta think there's a legit shot

:agree:Let him prove to LinebackerU that he can be a starter and excel in the PSU secondary. I would be happy with Oruwariye or Nicholson but if I had to pick one it would be Nicholson:yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:Let him prove to LinebackerU that he can be a starter and excel in the PSU secondary. I would be happy with Oruwariye or Nicholson but if I had to pick one it would be Nicholson:yahoo:

LOL, went to quote you and hit edit accidentally.

Anyhow, I think Nicholson has the frame to play the hybrid spot they like to use. He'll need to get far more aggressive if he wants to excel at the next level, hopefully he does if we reel him in

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Nicholson really is visiting this weekend, I would think he have a pretty decent shot at him. If I remember correctly, he was really high on us but BOB and his staff didn't want anything to do with him.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Nicholson really is visiting this weekend, I would think he have a pretty decent shot at him. If I remember correctly, he was really high on us but BOB and his staff didn't want anything to do with him.

If he's visiting this late, especially on heels of unofficial to school he's committed to, he's interested. Watch what a recruit does, not what he says.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Amani Oruwariye is on board

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably means were out on one of Nicholson or Prince.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB/WR Amani Oruwariye committed to PSU

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably means were out on one of Nicholson or Prince.

Prince is out. They have an in home with Nicholson tonight and were at his school today as well as several others in the area to visit 2015-2016 kids

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the commitment of CB Oruwariye change anything with us still recruiting CB Nicholson and CB Simmons?

We already have lots in secondary committed CB Oruwariye, CB Allen, CB Haley, CB Worley, ATL Farmer so do we still offer a scholarship to the players above? Do we save the scholarship for next season or fill the 25 limit. (20-2014 + 5 EE 2013 class)

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the commitment of CB Oruwariye change anything with us still recruiting CB Nicholson and CB Simmons?

We already have lots in secondary committed CB Oruwariye, CB Allen, CB Haley, CB Worley, ATL Farmer so do we still offer a scholarship to the players above? Do we save the scholarship for next season or fill the 25 limit. (20-2014 + 5 EE 2013 class)

Nicholson is safety prospect, but they are looking at him as WR. Amani can play safety as well, Simmons is a pure CB.

I think they'll take the best player they can get with that last ship, they need athletes everywhere for depth and our secondary was pathetic as far as athletic ability and depth.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously nothing is for sure, but I would assume that everyone that has already accepted a scholly will be here. If Franklin wanted them to look elsewhere I hope he would have told them already.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nicholson is safety prospect, but they are looking at him as WR. Amani can play safety as well, Simmons is a pure CB.

I think they'll take the best player they can get with that last ship, they need athletes everywhere for depth and our secondary was pathetic as far as athletic ability and depth.

Plus a few of the commits might get gray shirts because they are injured. I rather have Nicholson at S then at WR with all the depth we already got in this class. However I guess what ever makes up the best roster then I am all for it.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus a few of the commits might get gray shirts because they are injured. I rather have Nicholson at S then at WR with all the depth we already got in this class. However I guess what ever makes up the best roster then I am all for it.

There's nobody on our radar that I would gray shirt anyone and take away from 2015 class for. I wouldn't even be opposed to pocketing 1 for next year, 2015 is absolutely loaded in our natural wheelhouse for recruiting

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nobody on our radar that I would gray shirt anyone and take away from 2015 class for. I wouldn't even be opposed to pocketing 1 for next year, 2015 is absolutely loaded in our natural wheelhouse for recruiting

To name a few who could gray shirt:

S Marcus Allen- Tore ligaments in his ankle
RB Johnathan Thomas- had knee surgery
CB Daquan Worley- Tore his ACL in his right knee