• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2015 Recruiting thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am happy that all signs lead to use getting Palmer. I am curious LBU with Chryst likely heading to Wisconsin is there anyone worth poaching from them? I would say Whitehead, but with Taylor now I think we honestly are better off. I had never noticed how bad they are at recruiting. 2 4-star players right now or even someone we are in a battle with that this may help our cause

Whitehead is a take regardless. He can play either side of ball and you can never have enough athletes of his caliber. We are also still on Bowers and would take him. other than that, if we whiffed on some DE's, Givens would be a possibility, but I think we get Shareef Miller to fill that spot.

When you recruit to a 75% empty stadium, its a tough sell. They will never be a great program, they had a 5 year run in late 70's, but have faded once the steel industry tanked and the WPIAL couldn't field an entire team for them.

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true and I saw that Taylor may have to RS due to an injury. Is it wrong that a part of me wishes Pitt would do well so that they could at least argue for having a brighter future, but getting fans in the stands is the same reason UMD will never be an elite program. I see UMD being a perennial 8/9 win team with the occasional 10. Like I told my best friend who is a UMD fan they can go 11-1 for all I care as long as we beat them and have a better record haha

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true and I saw that Taylor may have to RS due to an injury. Is it wrong that a part of me wishes Pitt would do well so that they could at least argue for having a brighter future, but getting fans in the stands is the same reason UMD will never be an elite program. I see UMD being a perennial 8/9 win team with the occasional 10. Like I told my best friend who is a UMD fan they can go 11-1 for all I care as long as we beat them and have a better record haha

Maryland has a glorified HS stadium they don't fill either. Like Pitt, they will get some local kids to buy into the stay home line, but most will visit the big time programs and leave. That area is more Nittany Lion territory anyhow. I don't see Fed Ex field trying to buy any Umd road games to host at their stadium like they did with PSU a few years back. As for Pitt, screw them. They can't lose enough games for me.

Our defensive backfield is loaded after this class with or without Whitehead. Taylor can redshirt and it won't hurt us one bit. No need to rush him

We are also still pushing for Grant Newsome to visit and monitoring the coaching carousel for guys who might flip in event of change

Last edited by a moderator:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitehead is decommitting from Pitt, hopefully we can get Franklin in house ASAP, he is an early enrollee candidate. WVU already on him again as well.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitehead is decommitting from Pitt, hopefully we can get Franklin in house ASAP, he is an early enrollee candidate. WVU already on him again as well.

Would be awesome to land him, but WVU is going to put up stiff resistance. Think I remember hearing he was interested in early playing time which obviously isn't that widely available as a DB at PSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Whitehead looked like he was depressed after he announced he was signing to Pitt. Not surprised he is decommitting.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landed Palmer. Big get that should make an impact next year. Pretty good chance he's the starter at LT from day 1

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landed Palmer. Big get that should make an impact next year. Pretty good chance he's the starter at LT from day 1

He'll be our LT barring injury. Donovan Smith is going to have a come to Jesus meeting...basically quit being a lazy ass and work or you're not welcome back. Hopefully he gets his shit together and either goes to RT or inside to LG where he'd be a mauler. This commit is so big for next season, Palmer solidifes that line and gives us so many more options with the rest of it.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know if Whitehead was involved with the unsportsman like crap that his team went off with in the final seconds of their loss last night?

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be our LT barring injury. Donovan Smith is going to have a come to Jesus meeting...basically quit being a lazy ass and work or you're not welcome back. Hopefully he gets his shit together and either goes to RT or inside to LG where he'd be a mauler. This commit is so big for next season, Palmer solidifes that line and gives us so many more options with the rest of it.

What will the o-line look like next year?

LT Palmer
LG Smith
C Nelson
RG Sorrell
RT Mangiro

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know if Whitehead was involved with the unsportsman like crap that his team went off with in the final seconds of their loss last night?

i think you have his team confused with Clairton from the single A game.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is something weird. I receive Bleacher Report notifications on my phone when ever something Penn State related happens. Well today around 2pm I received a notification that 4 star DT Christian Wilkins committed to Penn State. When I got home at 5pm I couldn't find any word about this and still can't. I'm wondering if someone jumped the gun and posted then retracted the story. Really hope the story is true.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is something weird. I receive Bleacher Report notifications on my phone when ever something Penn State related happens. Well today around 2pm I received a notification that 4 star DT Christian Wilkins committed to Penn State. When I got home at 5pm I couldn't find any word about this and still can't. I'm wondering if someone jumped the gun and posted then retracted the story. Really hope the story is true.

He has not committed, but I think its safe to say we lead. He's so quiet, doesn't talk to reporters. Will be interesting to see ow he handles all the interview requests at the all star game he plays in

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we are actually in the mix for DeBerry. I'm still guessing Oklahoma, but we actually have a shot. If they pull this off, WOW, I won't write anyone off with them...EVER.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we are actually in the mix for DeBerry. I'm still guessing Oklahoma, but we actually have a shot. If they pull this off, WOW, I won't write anyone off with them...EVER.

With this staff lead by Franklin you should never write off anyone. Even if a kid has been committed since Elementary school and 1 week left to National Signing Day I still think our staff could flip the kid.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He would look good as a wild dog, hopeful he feels the same way.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeBerry to OU. Still an amazing effort by staff to get in the mix without him even visiting this season. Like I've said, can not wait to see this 16 class with Franklin and co having full year to develop relationships.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeBerry to OU. Still an amazing effort by staff to get in the mix without him even visiting this season. Like I've said, can not wait to see this 16 class with Franklin and co having full year to develop relationships.

Good that Berry went to OU his 5 stars would look weird in the sea of 4 star players we got. Next year Franklin will have all 5 stars and a sprinkle of 4 star players :suds:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good that Berry went to OU his 5 stars would look weird in the sea of 4 star players we got. Next year Franklin will have all 5 stars and a sprinkle of 4 star players :suds:

Already has 1 and I'll be surprised if Sanders doesn't get a 5th, so you're not far off:suds:

I think we can expect classes full of 4 stars, a couple 3 and a few 5's from here out with JFF.