• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2015 Recruiting thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We made his top 3 and his Twitter avatar is now a pic of him Jenkins Stevens and Coach Franklin. Also saw a CB put in for us today. We're definitely in the mix now

Adam McLean seems to feel VERY strong about our chances and Holland/Jenkins really worked him over the weekend

Sounds like Franklin made a BIG impression on his dad as well. Bucknuts starting to worry about this one, they thought he was in the bag, now being told its OSU-PSU battle when they had discounted us weeks ago.

Really liking our momentum here now.

Also heard we are talking to TOmmy Hatton again

Last edited by a moderator:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Holland just tweeted that he is now going to be a TE at the next level. Looks like the door is wide open for Shareef Miller again. Heard he has been doing well in teh classroom.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrell suddenly ready to commit....

Hot on teh heels of his PSU visit, Burrell is no going to commit soon. He had initially planned to take a visit to Florida and announce at the Army All America game. Hopefully the timing is great news for us. I know JFF is supposed to be at his school tomorrow:suds:

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrell suddenly ready to commit....

Hot on teh heels of his PSU visit, Burrell is no going to commit soon. He had initially planned to take a visit to Florida and announce at the Army All America game. Hopefully the timing is great news for us. I know JFF is supposed to be at his school tomorrow:suds:

Also sounds like him and someone else are going to be committing together. If he is actually committing to PSU I would assume that him and Stevens commit at the same time.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also sounds like him and someone else are going to be committing together. If he is actually committing to PSU I would assume that him and Stevens commit at the same time.

The package deal could also be him wanting academics/football or him and his family....I know Dad REALLY liked Franklin. Saw a pic from his Army jersey presentation and he was doing the Franklin #1 pose with his little bro. If it were him and another player to PSU, you'd have to think it would be Settle to complete #DunamicTrio

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Burrell's father is on Twitter saying that he's still taking the official to Florida and there won't be an announcement for a few months. I don't know what to think now :wtf2::noidea:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Burrell's father is on Twitter saying that he's still taking the official to Florida and there won't be an announcement for a few months. I don't know what to think now :wtf2::noidea:

I'll say he still pops by mid next week latest. I think dad was just trying to take some heat off and let him get the announcement together how he wants to do it. JFF is at his school and will be at his game tonight. Dad is very pro PSU in this one

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy Stevens flipped I see.

yeah, I just got home and saw that. No surprise, he was an IU commit and came to OSU game where atmosphere was off charts. He's a solid prospect for the class, won't scare any of the bigtime guys for next class away either.....need a QB every class as far as I am concerned.

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBU I am 99.9% sure it is just paranoid fans, but do you think their is any chance Hack transfers? I personally think it would may sense, because all it does is delay him going pro. Also, think this O Line will be worlds better next year. Lord knows it can't be much worse. What are your thoughts though?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBU I am 99.9% sure it is just paranoid fans, but do you think their is any chance Hack transfers? I personally think it would may sense, because all it does is delay him going pro. Also, think this O Line will be worlds better next year. Lord knows it can't be much worse. What are your thoughts though?

He's not going anywhere. He loves the school, loves his teammates and I agree, the OL will be better next year AND we'll have more weapons with experience for him. His best buddy Breneman coming back will be a huge boost as well since he is our best blocking TE. Bottom line, kid is not setting himself a year further away from NFL and actually values his education/college experience at PSU......if he were going to transfer, he'd have done it before this season and I'd say your odds are about right.....never say never, but it is about as slim a chance as you could possibly have.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we may get an official visit from Isaah Prince and we are very much in thick of it for Garrett Taylor

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we may get an official visit from Isaah Prince and we are very much in thick of it for Garrett Taylor

Nice that Prince is taking an OV but I think we're a little late to the party on that one. Feel good about Taylor though, he supposedly values academics highly.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice that Prince is taking an OV but I think we're a little late to the party on that one. Feel good about Taylor though, he supposedly values academics highly.

Well, we got in very late on Blacknall last year as well. Never doubt Franklin and co when they can get a kid on campus for a visit

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we got in very late on Blacknall last year as well. Never doubt Franklin and co when they can get a kid on campus for a visit

I don't doubt Franklin's ability to recruit whatsoever, I know he can work some magic especially when he gets kids on campus.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrell to Buckeyes, maybe this explains why we were on Prince again so hard.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christian Wilkins taking official for the MSU game. Heard he may be an early enrollee as well, so this could be a huge visit for a guy we've led for all along. Hopefully he pulls the trigger.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McLean gone now, getting them to commit a year early doesn't mean much if you get out recruited in the winter.
'

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McLean gone now, getting them to commit a year early doesn't mean much if you get out recruited in the winter.
'

Hearing it was an academic issue and he was not going to be accepted. Really sucks for the kid and us. Word is Marshall is a real player for him and Settle because of the same issue. Heard this is also a big reason Burrell flip flopped back to OSU when he was set to commit to us.

Sounds like its definitely an academic issue, explains many of his tweets the last couple days as it appears it was broken t him in that time frame. He's considering going JUCO because he still really wants to end up here, kid is torn up feel so bad as he really wanted to be here. Hopefully someone doesn't bend the rules bigtime to get him in and sway him, would love to see him attain his dream and end up playing here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing it was an academic issue and he was not going to be accepted. Really sucks for the kid and us. Word is Marshall is a real player for him and Settle because of the same issue. Heard this is also a big reason Burrell flip flopped back to OSU when he was set to commit to us.

Sounds like its definitely an academic issue, explains many of his tweets the last couple days as it appears it was broken t him in that time frame. He's considering going JUCO because he still really wants to end up here, kid is torn up feel so bad as he really wanted to be here. Hopefully someone doesn't bend the rules bigtime to get him in and sway him, would love to see him attain his dream and end up playing here.

Thanks for letting me know that. That makes sense. Shame if that is the case but knowing so mang HS players I am not surprised, there are a lot with talent but not the grades.