• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2015 Recruiting thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for letting me know that. That makes sense. Shame if that is the case but knowing so mang HS players I am not surprised, there are a lot with talent but not the grades.

Yeah, I saw him tweet something last week about struggling with classes and wishing it came easy to him like other people. Also saw a quote rehashed nobody thought much of at the time from an article when he said he was taking visits....said the staff told him you're better than that, you don't need to take free trips, you should stay home and work on your academics. Had no idea he was that borderline, explains why we couldn't accept Settle's pledge if we knew Adam may end up not qualifying. WE would've had our entire DT class in JUCO. Hopefully he goes that route or prep and gets to chase his dream here. Kid really does love Penn state and is apparently devastated by the news. Word is its 2 core classes and non qualifiying ACT score as of now.....report cards came out last week.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I saw him tweet something last week about struggling with classes and wishing it came easy to him like other people. Also saw a quote rehashed nobody thought much of at the time from an article when he said he was taking visits....said the staff told him you're better than that, you don't need to take free trips, you should stay home and work on your academics. Had no idea he was that borderline, explains why we couldn't accept Settle's pledge if we knew Adam may end up not qualifying. WE would've had our entire DT class in JUCO. Hopefully he goes that route or prep and gets to chase his dream here. Kid really does love Penn state and is apparently devastated by the news. Word is its 2 core classes and non qualifiying ACT score as of now.....report cards came out last week.

Yep, understand. I have seen some very good athletes over the years following my nephews who never get to set foot on a college campus or football field because they can't make the grades.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like LBU said, it's definitely an academic issue. Adam still very much wants to be at PSU next year. Apparently he has no interest in prep school or JUCO. I did hear that CJF is still in contact with him to try and get a plan set up to improve his academic standing and possibly be able to get in, chances are probably slim, but Franklin is trying.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like LBU said, it's definitely an academic issue. Adam still very much wants to be at PSU next year. Apparently he has no interest in prep school or JUCO. I did hear that CJF is still in contact with him to try and get a plan set up to improve his academic standing and possibly be able to get in, chances are probably slim, but Franklin is trying.

yeah, someone like Marshall, Tennessee, WVU will bend over backwards to get him in. Hopefully JFF can get this right and Adam buckles down to do the work. He needs to step back and take a breath and see if he wants to take the easy way out or work his ass off for what he wants.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, someone like Marshall, Tennessee, WVU will bend over backwards to get him in. Hopefully JFF can get this right and Adam buckles down to do the work. He needs to step back and take a breath and see if he wants to take the easy way out or work his ass off for what he wants.

Really hope he doesn't end up at Tennessee, their program and how they recruit is disgusting. They've oversignwd the past two years and have left some kids on in the cold. Pretty despicable IMO. Unfortunately it looks like some clowns are attacking him on Twitter, hopefully he realizes that these people are idiots and that everyone at PSU is behind him. Hopefully Coach Franklin can work with him and Adam realizes that PSU is the place for him and he puts on the work to get there.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hope he doesn't end up at Tennessee, their program and how they recruit is disgusting. They've oversignwd the past two years and have left some kids on in the cold. Pretty despicable IMO. Unfortunately it looks like some clowns are attacking him on Twitter, hopefully he realizes that these people are idiots and that everyone at PSU is behind him. Hopefully Coach Franklin can work with him and Adam realizes that PSU is the place for him and he puts on the work to get there.

Yeah, I hope he doesn't end up as one of those kids they sign at UT and gets left behind when he doesn't qualify. Bottom line, it sounds like staff laid out a clear plan for him to be eligible by next summer and he didn't come through on the grades. I know JFF is trying to work on anything to get him in, but I think he'd need JUCO or Prep to get into PSU now.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With two nephews playing college football and a number of their HS teammates also playing we have seen some good things and some bad things. I something can work out for Adam. These kids not only have to have talent but they have to work so hard to get there, it is a shame to see when it doesn't work out.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at his list of officials, its pretty clear grades are an issue. Also looks like he's holding out hope he can end up at PSU. Here's his 5 visits as of now....an OSU writer interviewed him and he said he's not interested in OSU even though they'd reached out to him.

Wash State
Arizona State
Tennessee
Ole Miss
Penn state

So, as you can see, a group of 4 who will accept pretty much anyone and 1 where he really wants to be. I think if none of those 5 were to pan out, he'd end up at Marshall

Really hope he can get his shit together and end up here. He's a very nice kid and LOVES PSU

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ow, saw something from another site that gave some insight on McLean. Apparently he skipped taking summer classes to go to the Opening in Oregon,where he ended up tweaking hammy and not playing anyhow. He's not expected to make NCAA clearinghouse requirements, so he may have no options other than JUCO. Seems like Marshall will be the call if he meets bare minimums

Honestly, the best thing for this kid would be a JUCO or prep route and circle back to PSU where they'll make sure he stays on track.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh Central Catholic safety John Petrishen goty an offer, will most likely end up jumping on it soon. Saw him play twice this year, he stood out both games against very good teams. At worst, he'll be a monster on special teams for us and contribute as a role player on D if we land him.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett Taylor, 4 star CB just committed. Nice pickup, was previously commited to Michigan.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge pickup. Hes actually rated higher than whitehead. Franklin back on a roll

Also goes to show that the product in the field right now doesn't hold much weight with the kids. The loss yesterday was one of the worst of the season and a big time recruit commits a day later. Kids are sold on the atmosphere and the staff, not the product in the field.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also goes to show that the product in the field right now doesn't hold much weight with the kids. The loss yesterday was one of the worst of the season and a big time recruit commits a day later. Kids are sold on the atmosphere and the staff, not the product in the field.

Kids are sold on where the program is going. Franklin flat out told all of them we could very well struggle this year because of the scholarship reductions. kids committed based on where we'll be in a couple years. The 2016 kid I talked to at length confirmed that as well.

BTW, sounds like we aren't done for the weekend yet......

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on McLean committing to UMD?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on McLean committing to UMD?

Still very doubtful he qualifies. Also expect him to take visits to Ole Miss and somewhere else. Think UM is selling him a boatload of shit like they did with Derwin ?Gray and will drop it on him after signing day that he won't qualify and needs to prep. Either way, there was NO WAY he was making admissions here. It was on twitter briefly that his high score on ACT so far is 13, if you are 3.55 GPA or above you need a 37 and it gets higher as GPA gets lower

Last edited by a moderator:

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Twitter if you dont follow Steven Gonzalez already I highly recommend. Kid was throwing fire at McLean and while it may be unsportsmanlike he was definitely entertaining

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Twitter if you dont follow Steven Gonzalez already I highly recommend. Kid was throwing fire at McLean and while it may be unsportsmanlike he was definitely entertaining

Oh yeah, I've followed Steve for a while, he follows me as well, sent me a couple DM's when I roasted some Rutgers fans who were giving him shit. looks like all of our commits stopped following Adam and he's butt hurt over it. don't know what he expects going to the enemy like that.

Don't think his recruiting pitch will work as well there. Its like going from selling ferraris to selling used clunkers

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to see a lot of smoke about Paris Palmer, the JC OT from Lackawana, decommitting from South Carolina. If so, that would be HUGE for us.

****Update, he has decommitted, likely to commit to PSU when Franklin and several other members of coaching staff visit him. This is a monster pickup and helps solidify the OL in a big way. Can put him at LT, bump smith inside, Nelson at RT and Mangiro at either C or G with only 1 spot up for competition. This should improve our offense the second he steps on campus

Last edited by a moderator:

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am happy that all signs lead to use getting Palmer. I am curious LBU with Chryst likely heading to Wisconsin is there anyone worth poaching from them? I would say Whitehead, but with Taylor now I think we honestly are better off. I had never noticed how bad they are at recruiting. 2 4-star players right now or even someone we are in a battle with that this may help our cause