• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paul George to Celtics??

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After what I read he is not coming to Boston. Copy and pasted this:

"The Pacers are asking the Celtics for two starting players and Boston's first-round picks next year from Brooklyn and the Lakers in return for Paul George, according to a report from Mark Murphy of the Boston Herald."
Not necessarily... this could just be the give and take of negotiations.

I don't blame Indiana for asking big. I would, however, blame them if they passed over Boston's reasonable/good offer because they only wanted the big prize (next year's Nets pick + everything else) or nothing.

After everything is said and done... Paul George flat out told the world he ain't coming back to Indiana. This killed a great part of the Pacers leverage in any negotiations. They can try for more than Boston is offering... but they're not gonna get it, and their alternatives to making a deal with Boston all range from lackluster to flat out sucks.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily... this could just be the give and take of negotiations.

I don't blame Indiana for asking big. I would, however, blame them if they passed over Boston's reasonable/good offer because they only wanted the big prize (next year's Nets pick + everything else) or nothing.

After everything is said and done... Paul George flat out told the world he ain't coming back to Indiana. This killed a great part of the Pacers leverage in any negotiations. They can try for more than Boston is offering... but they're not gonna get it, and their alternatives to making a deal with Boston all range from lackluster to flat out sucks.

For 1 year of PG none of those are reasonable.

for an extension, I might consider offering Smart in a deal. But the brooklyn and Laker picks are non-starters for a guy projected by Schoene to a single all star season left in him.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For 1 year of PG none of those are reasonable.

for an extension, I might consider offering Smart in a deal. But the brooklyn and Laker picks are non-starters for a guy projected by Schoene to a single all star season left in him.
From the whispers out there... and extension would be part of the deal.

I think PG is a better player than your guy gives him credit for.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the whispers out there... and extension would be part of the deal.

I think PG is a better player than your guy gives him credit for.

I don't think GH and George make them title contenders when someone is gonna abuse IT like a drum.

They can maybe be the 2017 Cavs in the finals.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

Sorry Shane, but that is crazy. GS is better and likely to stay together longer. George and Hayward in Boston would give them a team on the ascent capable of knocking off Cleveland next year, and perhaps GS somewhere down the line.

George's best chance of making the Finals is Cleveland or Boston. Boston is the team with the trade assets most interesting to Indiana.

This.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think GH and George make them title contenders when someone is gonna abuse IT like a drum.
I could certainly agree that GS would be favored against just about any team... current or hypothesized.

That being said: it may sound crazy... but the Celt's could "hide" IT on Steph Curry. IT's main weakness is his total lack of size/bulk on D... guards with any kind of physicality can bully him. Curry, however, is a finesse scorer.

It's not a great matchup for Boston... don't get me wrong. Just sayin'. C's would potentially matchup well (or as well as anybody in the NBA) everywhere else.

And Boston would be bringing plenty of their own scoring punch to the party.

Reactions: DJ

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now what do the Celtics do?

Adding Hayward by itself gets the Celtics to game 6 agains the Cavs.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now what do the Celtics do?

Adding Hayward by itself gets the Celtics to game 6 agains the Cavs.
Still go hard after Hayward. Make him a cornerstone going forward. Stay flexible and look to be right in the thick of things in the next 1-3 years.

Even if things went perfectly this offseason (PG and Hayward both come to Boston)... it would have been tough to overcome the awesomeness that is Golden State.

The C's are still in an excellent position to strike if/when the Cavs and GS waver.

Every team in the NBA would love to have high quality potential like Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, the Nets #1 and the LAL'18/SAC'19 pick.