• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pats sign Revis to one year deal

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent signing for New England, not a bad price either.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. Maybe one reason is that it's kind of a rule around here that you don't troll team boards and since the best organization in football is always gonna get flamed, much of the Pats talk/envy/shit stirring happens out on the general NFL and discussion boards.

Come the season, it'll pick up...and welcome man. I see a slew of Pats avatars from folks who came over from Fan Nation. Hope they drop in come game time.

Lot's of folks are propping the Pats on paper already. I'm a little more cautious than that but I do think Revis will be a key ingredient. You know there's all this talk of the Pats dynasty coming to and end and Brady losing some of his skills....well no shit, OF COURSE they're coming to the end and his skills are diminishing. This ain't the 2000s anymore.

That said and acknowledged, Brady won't win another Championship without a stout defense. His days of carrying them have passed. For as long as he plays he'll have flashes and stretches of premium play but in the one and done playoffs, it's gonna take a shut down defense for him to ever hoist the Lombardi. It's also gonna take some good fortune as it always does and it's gonna take a gritty one game at a time mindset like the Pats are known for.

I ain't looking past Miami~

I know of at least 6 FN guys that came over that are Pats fans.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and after that draft, the other free agents you got and with the arsenal of weapons you have on offense (ESPN says it's the best in the league) there's no reason you guise shouldn't bring the Lombardi back to Foxboro.

here we go again! :agree:

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JETS SUCK!! :suds:

I cannot stand Rex. I just cannot.

Can you imagine Sanchez in a game against Revis with the Pats. That guy would have half the field all game long cause he would be so scared to thrown anywhere near Revis.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot stand Rex. I just cannot.

Can you imagine Sanchez in a game against Revis with the Pats. That guy would have half the field all game long cause he would be so scared to thrown anywhere near Revis.

Sanchez doesn't deserve our time. :whistle:

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and after that draft, the other free agents you got and with the arsenal of weapons you have on offense (ESPN says it's the best in the league) there's no reason you guise shouldn't bring the Lombardi back to Foxboro.

Are you a closet New England homer?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An important wrinkle has been learned about the contract Darrelle Revis has agreed to with the Patriots.

It has widely been reported as a one-year, $12 million deal, which is accurate. Revis will earn $12 million this season.

But for salary-cap accounting purposes, and to protect Revis from being assigned the franchise tag in 2015, the sides have added a second year to the pact in 2015 that would pay Revis $20 million and count $25 million against the salary cap.

The $20 million is an astronomical figure, as is the $25 million cap charge. That makes it unlikely the Patriots would pay it, thus making Revis an unrestricted free agent in 2015 or one of the highest-paid players in football.

The second year helps the Patriots spread out the salary-cap charges for Revis over two seasons instead of taking one $12 million salary-cap hit in 2014. Revis' cap charge for 2014 is now $7 million.

Here is a breakdown of the deal for those into specifics:

Cap value: $7M
Cash value: $12M
Signing bonus: $10M
Roster bonus: $500K ($33.33K per game if on 46-man roster up to 15 games)
Base salary: $1.5M

Cap value: $25M
Cash value: $20M
Roster bonus-1: $12M (earned on April 1, 2015, if club exercises option prior to end of 2014 league year)
Roster bonus-2: $500,000 ($33.33K per game if on 46-man roster up to 15 games)
Base salary: $7.5M

Details on Darrelle Revis' contract - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN

So really, we got "Rental Island" for one year and a Superbowl.....
It really is what we expected, isn't it??????

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. Maybe one reason is that it's kind of a rule around here that you don't troll team boards and since the best organization in football is always gonna get flamed, much of the Pats talk/envy/shit stirring happens out on the general NFL and discussion boards.

Come the season, it'll pick up...and welcome man. I see a slew of Pats avatars from folks who came over from Fan Nation. Hope they drop in come game time.

Lot's of folks are propping the Pats on paper already. I'm a little more cautious than that but I do think Revis will be a key ingredient. You know there's all this talk of the Pats dynasty coming to and end and Brady losing some of his skills....well no shit, OF COURSE they're coming to the end and his skills are diminishing. This ain't the 2000s anymore.

That said and acknowledged, Brady won't win another Championship without a stout defense. His days of carrying them have passed. For as long as he plays he'll have flashes and stretches of premium play but in the one and done playoffs, it's gonna take a shut down defense for him to ever hoist the Lombardi. It's also gonna take some good fortune as it always does and it's gonna take a gritty one game at a time mindset like the Pats are known for.

I ain't looking past Miami~

Kinda called that one didn't I?

:suds:

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

all things considered...YES! :L

he can now cherish his lone ring forever while he looks in from the outside come playoff time.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all things considered...YES! :L

he can now cherish his lone ring forever while he looks in from the outside come playoff time.
He is/was truly a great CB. Can't fault him for going back to his old haunt for a boatload of money.
Revis legacy will not be ruined by having only one ring.
One ring and $70 million. Unless the Jets finish last and the coach gets fired, Revis gets cut by 2016 coach. Jets saddled with $39 million dead cap.....
Wishful thinking? I don't know - they are the jets!

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. It was nice to see a really good Patriots defense once again though. Too bad we couldn't keep it going.

I'm really, really glad they got a Superbowl win out of it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. It was nice to see a really good Patriots defense once again though. Too bad we couldn't keep it going.

I'm really, really glad they got a Superbowl win out of it.
Am I the only one who thinks we are not done?
We drafted all the kids for a reason. They have been coached. Rookie season is over.
A season working with veterans iin the books - along with a SB run.
Revis and Browner got them on the right page.
They are ready - let them play!!!!!

MissTee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
either way ...exciting this coming year for pats fans!!! :suds:We don't want to lose any more of the team to free agency or salary cap issues I liked winning last year!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
either way ...exciting this coming year for pats fans!!! :suds:We don't want to lose any more of the team to free agency or salary cap issues I liked winning last year!
Welcome to SportsHoopla, MissTee!!
Yes, it will be an exciting year, enjoy!