• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pats sign offer sheet for M. Gillislee RB Bills

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very happy about this. Gillislee and Burkhead will do very well.

In a full-time backup role to LeSean McCoy, Gillislee was uber-efficient last season, earning 5.7 yards per carry and eight touchdowns on 101 totes. The 26-year-old flashed speed and elusiveness on the edge, along with a willingness and ability to pound the ball between the tackles despite being listed at 219 pounds.

It shouldn't be viewed as a coincidence this offseason that the Patriots added the two most efficient running backs in the NFL in Gillislee and Burkhead, according to Football Outsiders metrics.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another nice pickup.

So far this has been a real interesting off-season and we haven't even gotten to the draft.

I bet Gillislee feels like he just went to football heaven.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to NE "Touchdown Mike". That's the name sexy Rexy coined for him.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolden aint going anywhere. Lewis and Foster might but Bolden is a ST asset an BB loves ST players
Yes but BB also likes versatility. ST is all Bolden brings to this club. They already suck up on spot on the 53 man roster with Slater. Let's just say I hope ur wrong.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but BB also likes versatility. ST is all Bolden brings to this club. They already suck up on spot on the 53 man roster with Slater. Let's just say I hope ur wrong.
Gillislee, James White, Dion Lewis, Rex Burkhead, D.J. Foster and Brandon Bolden are the current backs. No need for Lewis not with what White has shown, and I'll be honest I'm not sure why Foster is on the roster, other than it rhymes what has he shown? Bolden is a ST player and can run in pinch I can't see losing him over Lewis or Foster.

The way I see this panning out. Gillisllee, White, Burkehad and Bolden. Now if I were to lose one of this group for the other I have no issues losing Burkhead.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Burkehead and then let him go... Hmmm. Belichick is definitely a tough guy
If it comes to a roster spot at RB, unless Burkehead can play ST but again I clearly indicated the cuts I could see taking place before that happens.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex is basically a better slightly younger version of Bolden. For what Bolden cost them to sign, he's basically a camp body on par with a decent UDFA. Nothing wrong with bringing him back that cheap to compete for his spot and as injury insurance. He doesn't bring anything exciting to the table when he has to play RB, but he at least knows the offense and wouldn't get Brady killed. If by some chance Bolden outperforms Rex in camp, it won't be a financial burden to let Rex go, but I don't see it happening.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex is basically a better slightly younger version of Bolden. For what Bolden cost them to sign, he's basically a camp body on par with a decent UDFA. Nothing wrong with bringing him back that cheap to compete for his spot and as injury insurance. He doesn't bring anything exciting to the table when he has to play RB, but he at least knows the offense and wouldn't get Brady killed. If by some chance Bolden outperforms Rex in camp, it won't be a financial burden to let Rex go, but I don't see it happening.
I have yet to see anything about Rex that has impressed me. But again I think they both stay and Lewis / Foster may be the odd men out.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gillislee and White are the only locks. But Rex is pretty close. I mentioned Lewis as a guy who might not make it back in the "veterans on the edge" thread and that was even before they signed MG and Rex. His dynamism is certainly alluring, but he's constantly hurt. BB was just recently talking about dependability being one of a player's most important traits. Dion is the opposite of dependable.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holding on to the ball and not putting it on the ground in the Super Bowl is extremely critical to BB.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have yet to see anything about Rex that has impressed me. But again I think they both stay and Lewis / Foster may be the odd men out.

Lewis may not have had a great year but when he's on, he's been a game changer. I wouldn't want to cut him unless he can't do it anymore.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis may not have had a great year but when he's on, he's been a game changer. I wouldn't want to cut him unless he can't do it anymore.
I think with the injury history and two off season RBs being signed White being extended and his SB game I just feel he Lewis will be the odd man out.

Last edited: