• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patrots Great Off Season

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Depends on what your definition of a great offseason is. I don't feel the Pats had the best offseason but they also a top team in the league which leaves less room to make improvements on the roster.

Their defense isn't shaping up to be much better than it was last season and that was a very average defense to put if very kindly.

Granted they were 5th in scoring defense but that number was greatly helped by playing the rest of the AFC East that had the Bill, Dolphins, and Jets in the bottom 3rd of the league in terms of offense.

Nearly everytime that defense went against one of the better offenses in the league it was the offense doing the heavy lifting and winning shootouts not the defense coming up with a big game.

If I'm going to pick a team that had the best offseason it'd be the Browns but they had the largest window to make improvements on since they were a winless team.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what your definition of a great offseason is. I don't feel the Pats had the best offseason but they also a top team in the league which leaves less room to make improvements on the roster.

Their defense isn't shaping up to be much better than it was last season and that was a very average defense to put if very kindly.

Granted they were 5th in scoring defense but that number was greatly helped by playing the rest of the AFC East that had the Bill, Dolphins, and Jets in the bottom 3rd of the league in terms of offense.

Nearly everytime that defense went against one of the better offenses in the league it was the offense doing the heavy lifting and winning shootouts not the defense coming up with a big game.

If I'm going to pick a team that had the best offseason it'd be the Browns but they had the largest window to make improvements on since they were a winless team.

And the Browns had a lot of cap space to spend under new GM John Dorsey who clearly wasn't shy about spending money in free agency.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read my original post?
I'm not questioning the talent level. I'm expecting improvement.
Just an opinion but one shared with many NFL Exec's. Read the article.....
Yes and even the article doesn't say they aren't losing talent.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they had a good offseason until I read the article and realized they didn't. Cutting cap is good and a key to keep winning, but it's pretty easy when you let good players go and bring in not so good players:noidea:

It would have been better if it said. "Pats have good offseason, keep BB, TB and Gronk from leaving. Who cares what else happened"

I think the moves to let the players walk for bigger contracts was the right move but that doesn't mean that helps make them a better team overall. They lost a lot of talented players that contributed in big ways to helping them over the last few years. I don't think the talent that was brought in equals the talent they lost. Maybe down the road as some of the rookies develop they can get there but at this present moment I would say the Pats are a weaker team today than the one that stepped on the field for the Super Bowl.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you're a Jerry Jones disciple and you lose a $10 bill and get a winning lottery ticket, it's a net loss?
You'd have to ask a Jerry Jones disciple or at least bring up a comparable situation.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patspulpit.com and espn.com

Welp... If these two say it..... It must be true!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd have to ask a Jerry Jones disciple or at least bring up a comparable situation.

The patriots lost some talent and replaced it with more and cheaper talent. You only look at the lost talent. That is disingenuous. The NFL exec's see a net gain in talent, the Dallas troll sees what he wants to see.....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The patriots lost some talent and replaced it with more and cheaper talent. You only look at the lost talent. That is disingenuous. The NFL exec's see a net gain in talent, the Dallas troll sees what he wants to see.....
Troll? Now you are just being a dick because someone disagrees with you. Anything could happen but analyzing it fairly as we sit here today, the Pats lost more talent than they gained. How can anyone contest that? Luckily for them they saved a boatload of money that they would have spent to keep that talent

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troll? Now you are just being a dick because someone disagrees with you. Anything could happen but analyzing it fairly as we sit here today, the Pats lost more talent than they gained. How can anyone contest that? Luckily for them they saved a boatload of money that they would have spent to keep that talent

This post makes more sense. I will accept that as disagreement. Looking only at the loss is disingenuous.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's no question that you hate the Patriots and for the past couple of years you've continued to let everyone know it. As far as your concerned, anything Patriot positive is negative to you. Hence, any remark you make just causes Patriots fans to just shake their heads.

Just so you understand why we like the Patriots..............

16 Division titles in the past 18 years
11 Division titles in a row
8 Conference titles in the past 18 years
8 Super Bowls in the past 18 years
5 Super Bowl titles in the past 18 years.

No matter how much the personnel changes, the team never changes. No matter how manyt injuries the team suffers, they win.

How Many Division titles have the Cowboys won in the past 18 years? (4)
How many conference titles have the Cowboys won in the past 18 years? (0)
How Many Super Bowls have the Cowboys been to in the past 18 years? (0)
How many Super Bowl titles have the Cowboys won in the past 18 years? (0)

I would think you'd hate the Cowboys more than the Patriots since Because the haven't been able to beat the Patriots since 1996 and have lost 5 straight. They beat the Pats in 1996 because they kicked 4 FGs to the Pats 2. Final....12-6. Prior to 1996, the Cowboys won 6 straight.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I did say it 3 times that cutting vets and salary can be good. At least you got to it eventually

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no question that you hate the Patriots and for the past couple of years you've continued to let everyone know it. As far as your concerned, anything Patriot positive is negative to you. Hence, any remark you make just causes Patriots fans to just shake their heads.

Just so you understand why we like the Patriots..............

16 Division titles in the past 18 years
11 Division titles in a row
8 Conference titles in the past 18 years
8 Super Bowls in the past 18 years
5 Super Bowl titles in the past 18 years.

No matter how much the personnel changes, the team never changes. No matter how manyt injuries the team suffers, they win.

How Many Division titles have the Cowboys won in the past 18 years? (4)
How many conference titles have the Cowboys won in the past 18 years? (0)
How Many Super Bowls have the Cowboys been to in the past 18 years? (0)
How many Super Bowl titles have the Cowboys won in the past 18 years? (0)

I would think you'd hate the Cowboys more than the Patriots since Because the haven't been able to beat the Patriots since 1996 and have lost 5 straight. They beat the Pats in 1996 because they kicked 4 FGs to the Pats 2. Final....12-6. Prior to 1996, the Cowboys won 6 straight.
Actually I don't hate the Patriots at all. Its some of the annoying fans that I hate and I think we both know a "Big" one.

Why is it that people think posting that the Cowboys haven't won in a long time bothers Cowboy fans or is a valid argument for whatever it is they are having trouble forming words to argue? I've said many times both after Cowboy SB wins and other teams the only thing that matters is last year and then after a point only "this" year. 18 years is a new one. Usually it's 5 or 10, but 18? That is some serious cherry picking. You lost last year. Still hurts?

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I don't see it but the Patriots are the Patriots, whatever they do usually clicks.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE doesn't need to make the big splashy moves, the simple ones that aren't star studded signings usually works out for them.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Article was written last year so is more probable than not at this point......
Brady's chances of making it through this season uninjured is about 30% or less.
The return of mr insignificant will soon be coming home to roost in clam chowda land.....:heh:

The New England Patriots' Reign Is Finally Coming To An End
It's time to see someone else as the AFC champions.
The New England Patriots' Reign Is Finally Coming To An End