• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers vs Saints

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunday Night matchup

This will be very tough road game, Saints always tough at home with Brees.

Saints have a few injuries from Lions game... Graham also did not appear to be 100% in last game. However, Saints are desperate for a win and have home winning streak going.

Packers have Burnett, D. Jones, Starks and Shields on the injury report... none of them practiced Wednesday. Packers pass rush and pass defense has good... probably the best of any Packers teams to face the Saints. Hopefully Packers run defense continues to improve... hopefully does not revert vs Saints who have good running game.

Lot of people calling this big time trap game, hopefully Packers can come back with a W.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that it's a "trap". I think NO is a fairly good team, certainly better than their record indicates at the moment. To me a trap is we just had a tough game, we have a tough one the week after and this week we're playing a team like Jacksonville or something. A team we should blow out and will look passed and end up getting beat.

I think NO is a good enough team they aren't sneaking up on anyone. They're playing at home, a very loud place they always seem to play well at. They're desperate for a win after dropping a couple they could have easily won and they still are in a good position to win their division.

GB has no reason to be looking past them, regardless of their record. If this was in GB, i'd think GB. Being in NO, gives me a bit of concern. If GB is firing on all cylinders they win this by 10. But, they haven't really done that consistently this year, but have shown steady improvement. They did it last week against a Carolina team that to me, seems to be trending down, but still an impressive win. Now they need to do it on the road.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that it's a "trap". I think NO is a fairly good team, certainly better than their record indicates at the moment. To me a trap is we just had a tough game, we have a tough one the week after and this week we're playing a team like Jacksonville or something. A team we should blow out and will look passed and end up getting beat.

I think NO is a good enough team they aren't sneaking up on anyone. They're playing at home, a very loud place they always seem to play well at. They're desperate for a win after dropping a couple they could have easily won and they still are in a good position to win their division.

GB has no reason to be looking past them, regardless of their record. If this was in GB, i'd think GB. Being in NO, gives me a bit of concern. If GB is firing on all cylinders they win this by 10. But, they haven't really done that consistently this year, but have shown steady improvement. They did it last week against a Carolina team that to me, seems to be trending down, but still an impressive win. Now they need to do it on the road.

I don't see the Packers going into NO and winning. If you look at the Saints, their losses have all been on the road, and most of them, not Dallas, have been games that they've given away near the end of the game. It seems they've had brain cramps on D at the end of the Cleveland game, bad turnover at Detroit and overtime loss to Atlanta with some unlucky stuff happening. At home they don't seem to have those brain cramps, granted those wins were vs Minnesota and they needed OT to beat Tampa.

After reviewing that paragraph, it dawns on me that maybe they're just playing to the level of their competition? Whatever...I just don't know if the Pack can go into the Superdome and snag a W...we'll see

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay can handle the loud environment and Drew Brees. Yes, New Orleans can be great at home, but they just aren't a very good team this year.

Turning the football over often, defense not creating turnovers. Drew Brees has not played very well and if Peppers, Matthews, Daniels can get pressure, will make things even more difficult for him. Graham will be limited, GB has the CB's to match up with their WR's. Rob Ryan is one of the worst defensive coordinators in the league, numbers reflect that.

Green Bay 31 Saints 24

PhoenixPackerBacker

Reluctant Optimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game will tell us a lot about this Packer team. While it's true that the Saints are a shell of their former selves, they are still a hard team to be in the dome. The Packers need to win tonight to keep pace with the Lions, who won with a depleted team.....

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, so much for that improvement on D. Payton game planned Capers to a T and made him look foolish. Add to that the players inability to tackle, and you get 50 hung on you. I'm really tired of seeing guys go high and getting thrown off that I'd like to kick a few of these dudes in the jimmies. It's ridiculous, and Capers needs to go, he gets made to look a fool whenever he goes against a good coach on O.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised that Dom Capers is still the defensive coordinator.

PhoenixPackerBacker

Reluctant Optimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has tons of problems. The Lions will win the division easily now.......smh.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised that Dom Capers is still the defensive coordinator.

McCarthy said prior to the season starting to write down in big letters the defense would be improved this year.

Not much of an improvement if you ask me... I do not see Capers surviving this year.

PhoenixPackerBacker

Reluctant Optimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy said prior to the season starting to write down in big letters the defense would be improved this year.

Not much of an improvement if you ask me... I do not see Capers surviving this year.
BS........they won't get rid of him......we go through the same shit every year and nothing ever changes. MM will blow sunshine up people's asses and tell them Dom is a great coordinator. They will blame it on other things. So tired of the same excuses.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy really let me down tonite. Lacy was breaking tons of tackles and we get in the red zone and we continue to air it out. I understand that you want to give Rodgers every opportunity to make plays but come on...

One thing that people aren't thinking about is Shields. His absence really hurt us tonite. House consistently got beat.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
quit knee jerking everyone. Our defensive game plan wasn't bad, the execution was horrible. Guys that were tackling the past couple weeks were just bouncing off guys. I'm not going to say it was a good performance by any means, it was ugly, but there's a lot to it besides Capers needs to be fired. Nobody was asking for his head for the previous month of games till now again.

Anyway, Lacy was breaking a ton of tackles and when they ran it in the redzone, the oline was pushed 5 yards back, and he had 3 guys on him before he took the ball. They threw one to Peppers that should have been an easy TD. Everyone is up in arms because it didn't work. Well they used a TE and that got tipped and picked off later in the game. Sometimes shit doesn't work.

The onside kick? It was there for us to recover, we didn't. Blame McCarthy? they only got a FG and GB should have had that ball.

Lots didn't go our way. Congrats to the Saints for keeping on the gas and taking it to us, but really. Every tipped bal want to The Saints. If they tipped it, it went straight up and back into their arms. If we were on offense, it was tipped and went right to their guy.

in the first half, offensive penalties, stupid fucking penalties, killed 3 drives in the redzone? GB shot themselves in the foot quite often last night. Credit the Saints for taking advantage, but GB didn't do themselves any favors all night long. Cobb dropped a pass, Rodgers dropped a pass, Adams dropped a pass and got called for PI. Too bad his name wasn't bigger in the league like Graham, he could get away with that stuff.

With all that other stuff going on, and you sprinkle in a few questionables that all seemed to go with the Saints (and please, nobody think that i'm saying this is the reason we lost, because i am not) and it was tough for GB to stop that ball from rolling. The hands to the face, maybe i wasn't paying attention, but I did not see anything. The offensive PI on Adams? I can see it, I also saw it on a TD to JG and didn't see any yellow on the field after it. If Williams would have swatted his arms down from blocking him completely extended to have room to the make the catch, he would have been called for defensive PI. This league fucking sucks in that regard.

Then you get that last PI on House? The ball was thrown to the middle of the field, the receiver was never going to get there, ever. It was a prayer of a ball probably just thrown away as 2 defenders had the receiver along the sideline. Even if House would have layed down and not played defense at all, that ball wasn't going to be completed. That pretty much ended any slim chance GB had of getting back in the game, so it's not a game loser. But I am really fucking tired of those kinds of calls in this league. an offense gets rewarded for a shit play and a defense gets screwed for playing good defense. I don't care who it's on or what game, that's still a horrible call to make.

I'm disappointed, but I don't think the game could have gone any better for the Saints and the Packers couldn't have done much more to shoot themselves in the foot either. Every bounce seemed to go NO's way and it got ugly. I'm not ready to clean house though. We have guys coming back and a favorable schedule. I know they can play better and I expect them to.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has tons of problems. The Lions will win the division easily now.......smh.

The Packers have three road games left in the season: @ Vikings, @ Bills, @ Buccaneers

The Lions have to play four road games: @ Cardinals, @ Patriots, @ Bears, @ Packers

I'm kinda liking the Packers chances of surpassing the Lions in the standings week 17.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In post 3 I stated that I expected a loss. In the end, it's a L, I just didn't like the way they played. They now get a week off, get to make adjustments, rest up for the 2nd half of the year and take care of some things they need to take care of.

Will the Lions do Lions things in the 2nd half of the year, we'll find out. I'm more interested in the Packers getting better by the week...

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel MCarthy has some blame. Did we really need to see if Peppers could catch a TD pass? The 4th and 1 from your own 40 at that time of the game I was all for but was thinking a run behind Sitton would have been better than a run behind the fill in right guard. The onside kick really was not needed. It seemed they were playing like we were scared and needed tricks. The Packers were moving the ball but made to many mistakes. The tipped balls on the interceptions sealed the loss.

With a week off and everyone should be healthy it should be a strong second half of the season. The time to get rolling is in December

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter if they win the division or not at this point. Unless they shore up that run defense, it is another one and done in the post season I'm afraid.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly Packerzrule. This team is going nowhere if they can't fix the run D plain and simple. I would hate to see what Demarco Murray could do to this D right now. Granted it can easily change by the end of the season but everything in the NFC runs through Dallas right now.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly Packerzrule. This team is going nowhere if they can't fix the run D plain and simple. I would hate to see what Demarco Murray could do to this D right now. Granted it can easily change by the end of the season but everything in the NFC runs through Dallas right now.
We Cowboys fans are looking forward to a playoff game with Green Bay.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things are taking shape, but playoffs are still a quite a ways off. A couple plays, an injury here or there and the end of the season looks vastly different for every team in the league.

GB didn't play with focus last night other that Rodgers and Lacy. Missed tackles all the way around, dropped passes that were easy catches, etc. The sign of a team that wasn't focused like they should have been. We've seen what they can do when they're dialed in. I'm very disappointed to say the least about the game last night, but I still have high hopes for this team.