• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers vs Carolina

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers had his A game.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense played lights out too

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I can't watch the games anymore. I had to miss this one and caught a lot of it on the radio, but could not watch it. It sounded like a pretty complete game with 3 TD's in the first 3 drives and the defense forcing the first 3 drives to 3 and outs. I think they said they allowed like 10 yards or something in the first 3 drives? The game was over at 38-3.

Wish I could have seen it, but I'll sacrifice my viewing pleasure for the good of the team if it means performances like this every week :)

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newton had a deer-in-the-headlights look on his face from his opening possession. The defense has looked good recently against mediocre quarterbacks. If we get similar results in New Orleans Sunday, I might begin to believe this defense might be good enough to win a playoff game.

I do have to commend the defense on rallying to the ball for gang tackles...something that was very sorely lacking early in the season. I think Clinton-Dix has lead the way in that department...he looks like a budding star in the secondary to me.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that this was their best game so far. I will temper my enthusiasm for the D until I see what they put together next week in New Orleans. It seems the Saints are in a bit of a funk, but they usually play very well at home.

I'm just looking to see improvement week to week, if we see that, we may have something special brewing...

Go Pack Go!!!!!

PhoenixPackerBacker

Reluctant Optimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saint's backs are up against the wall.......they are HORRIBLE on the road. This game is in the Superdome, doesn't bode well for a road win for the Packers. It's been a good couple of weeks for us, but I am not convinced this team is the real deal yet. The Lions proved to me this weekend that they are a different team, and Tate is the real deal. Their D is out of this world, and if their offense clicks on all cylinders, Tate and Megatron will be unstoppable. Dallas looks like they have gotten over that "hump" also...they are a very complete team. Even though the Seahags have had a couple of bad weeks, and the Niners have had injury problems, they are still in it, so don't count them out. The Eagles are also for real, and the Cardinals are no slouch either. The NFC is going to be brutal......and the Packers still have a ways to go to be considered "elite".......

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions proved to me this weekend that they are a different team, and Tate is the real deal. Their D is out of this world, and if their offense clicks on all cylinders, Tate and Megatron will be unstoppable.

Not convinced about Packers, but you are convinced about the Lions?

Lions lost to Carolina 24-7 with Megatron playing.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations Cheeseheads!!
You guys gave us a proper ass whippin yesterday.

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not convinced about Packers, but you are convinced about the Lions?

Lions lost to Carolina 24-7 with Megatron playing.

This was my first thought when I read that post.

Followed by barely beating a shaky Saints team and losing to a shakier Bills team.

Detroit has proved nothing yet.

PhoenixPackerBacker

Reluctant Optimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK the Lions are not for real.......we beat them didn't we already?........lol

PhoenixPackerBacker

Reluctant Optimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I am not ready to crown them champs, but let's not be naive enough to think they are automatically going to fold it up. NFC playoff spots could be tough to come by. It looks like the Bears are already done....the Vikings are young and will not be in contention just yet....so that leaves the Packers and Lions. If you think that defense of the Lions isn't for real, you are just fooling yourself. Yes, their offense can be questionable at times, but if Megatron and Tate get on a roll, they will be extremely dangerous.

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I am not ready to crown them champs, but let's not be naive enough to think they are automatically going to fold it up. NFC playoff spots could be tough to come by. It looks like the Bears are already done....the Vikings are young and will not be in contention just yet....so that leaves the Packers and Lions. If you think that defense of the Lions isn't for real, you are just fooling yourself. Yes, their offense can be questionable at times, but if Megatron and Tate get on a roll, they will be extremely dangerous.

I never said they weren't improved, or even good. But I'm not ready to say they're for real.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team in the NFL is dangerous. The Lions do look very good right now, but they don't look unbeatable and those games vs the Saints, Panthers and Bills point to a bit of inconsistency. Can they play with any team in the NFL and have a chance to win, yes. The real question is can they do that every week, and so far they haven't shown that.

To be fair, the no team has that "unbeatable look" at the moment, I'm guessing that will change over the course of the next 2 months...and once we get to the 1st of December we'll have a pretty good idea who is who.

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team in the NFL is dangerous. The Lions do look very good right now, but they don't look unbeatable and those games vs the Saints, Panthers and Bills point to a bit of inconsistency. Can they play with any team in the NFL and have a chance to win, yes. The real question is can they do that every week, and so far they haven't shown that.

To be fair, the no team has that "unbeatable look" at the moment, I'm guessing that will change over the course of the next 2 months...and once we get to the 1st of December we'll have a pretty good idea who is who.

Well put sir.