• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers sign Crosby

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is nuts that kickers earn $4M a year.

Players that signed for that amount or less last offseason:
- CJ Spiller (identical contract)
- Mark Ingram (identical contract)
- Ryan Matthews (one less year and a little less annually)
- Ted Ginn (half the years and half the money annually)
- Michael Oher (half the years and a little less annually)

And that is just the offense (I'm too lazy to dig up defensive contracts right now).

How did we get to a point where kickers have more value than a lot of starting RB's in the league?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that is just the offense (I'm too lazy to dig up defensive contracts right now).

How did we get to a point where kickers have more value than a lot of starting RB's in the league?

I would say a lot of contracts though are getting completely out of whack. I mean we have I think 18 QB's making something like $17 million or more in this league. There are probably going to be more to join that list before all is said and done. We have WR's making ridiculous money these days. It seems like for a top-10 WR anymore the starting bid is at $14 million. How much did Suh get this past year?

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe it has something to do with Crosby scoring more points in the last two seasons than any one of those guys cited have scored in their entire careers.

Maybe it has something to do with consistency and reliability. He went 48 for 48 on all attempts (including all longer XPs) from inside 40 yards last year and went 12 for 16 on attempts on 40+. He's gone 180/183 inside the 40 and 32/45 on 40+ in the past three years combined.

Maybe it has something to do with loyalty and reward. Crosby has been the Packers kicker for 9 seasons. He had one tough season in 2012, but the Packers stuck with him despite his struggles and Crosby has rewarded them by being one of the best kickers in the league since. So the Packers in turn rewarded Crosby with a nice contract.