• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers@ Falcons- talk shit here

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you have significant upgrades to your running game or secondary since week 8? I dont follow the Falcons
Well yes actually. Tevin Coleman is playing this week ( didn't play week 8) and the entire D is playing much better although neither teams D is the story. I don't particularly care if you think your D is playing better because it's not really relevant against Atlantas offense. Same is true for my teams D vs Rodgers. Ultimately Atlanta just has the superior offense by a substantial amount. Rodgers greatness will keep it semi close but it won't be enough

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get one thing clear here. Going into the first meeting Atlanta, not Green Bay, was the team playing poorly. The Falcons had lost 2 in a row coming in. Green Bay was coming off a blowout win. Green Bay simply got beat. Yes Rodgers is playing better now, as is Atlanta. Let's not pretend the Packers were slumping coming into the first meeting because they were not.

Yeah... impressive blowout win vs Bears team at home with their backup QB, Dallas exposed the Packers run defense as overrated the week prior.

Atlanta was coming off 2 close losses, including game at Seattle in which Julio was mugged without a call at the end of game.

Think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill with your comments.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that team that lost by 1 point to the "vastly superior" Falcons now has a healthy running game and a much more healthy defense. Keep talking shit like the cowboys fans did, It'll make it all the sweeter next monday

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that team that lost by 1 point to the "vastly superior" Falcons now has a healthy running game and a much more healthy defense. Keep talking shit like the cowboys fans did, It'll make it all the sweeter next monday
I'm not really talking shit here. It's just facts. Your D can't stop Atlanta. In order to win Green Bay will need to score mid 40s. Possible? Sure. Probable? No.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A better thread title would have been "@rmilia1 talks shit with Packer fans."
True lol. Not many Falcons fans on the SportsHoopla. There are a few that'll show up but I'm happy to talk trash with you fellas

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically we know both teams defenses are average at best. We also know Atlanta has the vastly superior offense. I'm thinking something like 41-31 Atlanta

I'd go better OFC because they have two very good RBs, but not vastly (right now). Rodgers is just on another level as QB play goes.

I'm going ATL 30, GB 27...maybe a little lower scoring than some may think, but I think Quinn goes for more ball control to keep it away from Rodgers...or he should.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go better OFC because they have two very good RBs, but not vastly (right now). Rodgers is just on another level as QB play goes.

I'm going ATL 30, GB 27...maybe a little lower scoring than some may think, but I think Quinn goes for more ball control to keep it away from Rodgers...or he should.
During the Packers 8 game winning streak where Rodgers has been "out of this world" he has a lower QB rating than Ruan does in that same span and lower than Ryan entire season. Bluntly the BEST stretch of Rodgers career still isn't as good as Ryan has been all year. Add to that the fact that Atlanta is better at every skill position and it's really not close. You can believe stats and metrics or you can just watch the games. Both will tell you the same thing

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was probably easier for Seattle fans to believe that they could slow Atlanta down. They've at least got some kind of past track record of FL defensive ability. Packer fans are probably just hoping they can score enough to keep it close and maybe get lucky at the end.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FB_IMG_1439320532702.jpg

game

Hoopla Cash
$ 9.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get one thing clear here. Going into the first meeting Atlanta, not Green Bay, was the team playing poorly. The Falcons had lost 2 in a row coming in. Green Bay was coming off a blowout win. Green Bay simply got beat. Yes Rodgers is playing better now, as is Atlanta. Let's not pretend the Packers were slumping coming into the first meeting because they were not.

It started the slump. And losing to Seattle in Seattle is not part of a slump. Losing to SD at home isn't a slump either, SD pulls off BS wins all the time.

It's going to be a fun game, but let's not talk about slumps that don't exist.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the Packers 8 game winning streak where Rodgers has been "out of this world" he has a lower QB rating than Ruan does in that same span and lower than Ryan entire season. Bluntly the BEST stretch of Rodgers career still isn't as good as Ryan has been all year. Add to that the fact that Atlanta is better at every skill position and it's really not close. You can believe stats and metrics or you can just watch the games. Both will tell you the same thing

All that advantage and the most one can get from Vegas is ATL +4.5?

For me stats matter, but yes, it's about watching the games and what I see right now...2 DLs that are pretty average and they play zone behind it.

I agree that ATL has better skill position players...especially at RB, and Julio has few peers in the game period.

But...if Brooks Reed doesn't play out of him mind again this week or somebody else steps up and put pressure on Rodgers, he's more than capable of hanging 30+ on ATL with the weapons he has and I'm not including Jordy.

ATL's D is a little better, but not much...ATL OFC vs GB DEF and GB OFC vs ATL DEF...I don't see a huge advantage for the Falcons.

If Shanny is smart, your try to limit Rodgers touches by running the ball and trying to shorten this game a little...otherwise I can see it being the last team with the ball winning.

FTR, I think ATL will win, but unlike last week, this opponent can go toe to on toe on OFC....pretty close game.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It started the slump. And losing to Seattle in Seattle is not part of a slump. Losing to SD at home isn't a slump either, SD pulls off BS wins all the time.

It's going to be a fun game, but let's not talk about slumps that don't exist.
I was simply pointing out that if either team was playing poorly at that point in the season it was Atlanta.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta could only score 36 on Seattle in their home dome and let them score 20 against them. Nothing more needs to be said.

Some how the plan worked against Julio back in week 8 with him having 3 catches for 29 yards and no TDs up against a decimated defensive backfield with limited experience earlier in the season of Goodson, Brice, and Gunter with no Randal or Rollins or Shields

Last edited:

game

Hoopla Cash
$ 9.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was simply pointing out that if either team was playing poorly at that point in the season it was Atlanta.

And as was pointed out to Troy Aikman yesterday, it doesn't matter what happened in the first game.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that advantage and the most one can get from Vegas is ATL +4.5?

For me stats matter, but yes, it's about watching the games and what I see right now...2 DLs that are pretty average and they play zone behind it.

I agree that ATL has better skill position players...especially at RB, and Julio has few peers in the game period.

But...if Brooks Reed doesn't play out of him mind again this week or somebody else steps up and put pressure on Rodgers, he's more than capable of hanging 30+ on ATL with the weapons he has and I'm not including Jordy.

ATL's D is a little better, but not much...ATL OFC vs GB DEF and GB OFC vs ATL DEF...I don't see a huge advantage for the Falcons.

If Shanny is smart, your try to limit Rodgers touches by running the ball and trying to shorten this game a little...otherwise I can see it being the last team with the ball winning.

FTR, I think ATL will win, but unlike last week, this opponent can go toe to on toe on OFC....pretty close game.
I fully expect GB to score 30+. They're going to need 40+ to win