• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers at Bills

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense played more than well enough to win, only gave up 12 points with several short fields to defend with bad punts in 1st qtr and 2 interceptions in 2nd half.

Lacy did well running the ball, Starks as well... Packers averaged over 6 yards a carry, makes you wonder why they were not running it more.

Cobb did OK... rest of WRs did not show up, Nelson with drop on 94 yard TD, Quarless, Boykin, Adams and Starks all had drops. Rodgers was off target, also making poor decisions.

Packers offense and special teams lost this game for them, Bills only had 13 first downs in the game.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still baffled why McCarthy wasn't running the football more. If teams are just going to play 2 deep safety coverage and let you run, then run until they come out of it. Just because your QB is Aaron Rodgers doesn't mean you need to throw the ball 30 times, you still take advantage of what is given to you as the easiest means of moving the ball to win. Throwing the ball over 40 times in this game is almost criminal...

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm. No one ever questions the play calling after a win.

I wonder why that is?

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually am not a fan of being critical of play calling, because usually it works, and it's not always going to. BUT, the Packers need to learn to win a different way. yesterday was a learning moment. They didn't learn the lesson during the game, let's see if it sticks going forward.

You can't always rely on one guy to be on fire and he was off a little bit, but still the play from the QB was good enough to win yesterday. Nobody was on in that offense. ever receiving target had at least one big drop yesterday it seemed and 2 more tipped balls for INT's.

you need to find something that is working, and the running game was. I remember like 3 running plays that weren't for 4+ yards. Lacy should have had at least 150 yesterday just rushing with Starks adding another 60. I don't think Lacy even got to 20 carries, he should have had 30.

Special teams has been a concern, but we've been winning so nobody says anything really, but multiple blocked extra points and field goals and still giving up big returns on a semi regular basis is not a recipe for winning in the post season. Of course, if Rodgers and the offense is firing on all cylinders, then nobody will care, but in a game it matters, we'll come up short again.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm. No one ever questions the play calling after a win.

I wonder why that is?

Packers on the season run ball 43% of the time, yesterday they ran the ball on 37% of the plays called (including Rodgers 3 scrambles which were actually passing plays to start with).

Lacy had over 6 yards/carry, Stark nearly 5 yards/carry. The run game was having success, the defense was showing defense welcoming the run... yet Packers decide to pass the ball more than they normally do?

I think that is worth questioning IMO.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is off today and McCarthy is not running the ball enough. I don't get it, when they ran on the TD drive they carved the Bills up and now he's throwing on just about every play....stupid, just flat out dumb...

I was listening to post game talk on the game and it was said many times that a run may have been called but Rodgers switched out of it because of something he saw on the defense. So is sometimes hard to know if the play called is what McCarthy wanted or what Rodgers switched too.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and what happened to Boykin? Am I the only one that thinks he's not the same player? somewhere along the line a disconnect has formed, he seems to be regressing to the point i never see him do anything in a game until something bad happens and even then he thankfully is only getting the opportunity rarely.

But I suppose yesterday the ball seemed greased for everybody

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough loss guys, but that's the way it goes in this league. Tough road matchup, things don't fall your way, and your HOF QB picked a poor day to not be sharp.

The Pack are still my pick to represent the NFC in the SB, but if you have to go to Seattle, that will be tough. If you were able to lock up home field, I would have been STUNNED if you all did NOT win the NFC.

We'll see what Seattle does these next two weeks. For the Packers personally, I think this was a good experience to have right before the playoffs. A nice wakeup call. I fully expect Rodgers and company to come out and light it up this weekend.

Cheers!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see what Seattle does these next two weeks. For the Packers personally, I think this was a good experience to have right before the playoffs. A nice wakeup call. I fully expect Rodgers and company to come out and light it up this weekend.

Cheers!

May be good learning experience, but I do not like the price... i.e. being on the road in the playoffs where they struggle.

Detroit game in week 17 is going to be huge, but need to beat Tampa this week to ensure it means something. Lose this game and Lions win Packers cannot catch Lions with tiebreaker (goes all the way to conference w/l as head/head, division and common games all the same if Packers beat Lions).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to post game talk on the game and it was said many times that a run may have been called but Rodgers switched out of it because of something he saw on the defense. So is sometimes hard to know if the play called is what McCarthy wanted or what Rodgers switched too.

Rodgers ego may have got the better of him if that is the case IMO. Bills were inviting the run.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May be good learning experience, but I do not like the price... i.e. being on the road in the playoffs where they struggle.

Detroit game in week 17 is going to be huge, but need to beat Tampa this week to ensure it means something. Lose this game and Lions win Packers cannot catch Lions with tiebreaker (goes all the way to conference w/l as head/head, division and common games all the same if Packers beat Lions).

Pretty sure if GB lost, they'd still be able to beat DET and win the NFC North. So that game will be for the division.

And I would be absolutely 100% stunned if Rodgers and company didn't take care of business at home in a revenge game.