• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Dolphins vs Bills

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will preface this statement with, I have seen McDaniel outcoach Belichick this year. Against the Bills though, the Fins never seemed to adjust to the Bills.
The Fins missed Ramsey in this game. The good news is that he will be back before the playoffs when the games mean the most.

Has there been any update? Last I saw, he was expected to be out until at least December.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there been any update? Last I saw, he was expected to be out until at least December.

Last I heard too as of mid September. Still a December expected return. Torn meniscus is usually 3 to 6 months, but since it's an athlete even if he's able to move around fine in the next 6 weeks, they'll take precaution marching him out on the field. It's a relatively common injury of the knee and usually most individuals (even without surgery pending the severity) return to normal function. That part of the knee has some areas that can somewhat repair on their own and other parts that cannot (hence surgery). They call it the red and white zone. The red zone receives blood so it can repair on it's own (or heal more quickly), the white zone does not receive much if any blood so surgery is required.

I'm assuming that's what Ramsey had hence the longer recovery time and surgery.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once the Bills defense got a few stops, Miami's momentum just stopped. Bills kept it even as they let off the gas pedal in the 4th.
I'm not disagreeing with any of that. My point was that the Bills defense was physical from the get go whilst the Dolphins were less physical than Deon Sanders. As a fan i'd be annoyed with the Dolphins defense. However, i'm fully aware that the season is long and the Bills defense will be hurting more than the Dolphins come January. I remember the Ndamukong Suh Rams being a bit passive in the regular season then really turning it up in mid-December for the Super Bowl run. No prizes for being the best team in September.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will preface this statement with, I have seen McDaniel outcoach Belichick this year. Against the Bills though, the Fins never seemed to adjust to the Bills.
The Fins missed Ramsey in this game. The good news is that he will be back before the playoffs when the games mean the most.
Seems to be the norm now, Belichick being outcoached. He’s had several blunders lately. Seems he’s lost his touch.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not disagreeing with any of that. My point was that the Bills defense was physical from the get go whilst the Dolphins were less physical than Deon Sanders. As a fan i'd be annoyed with the Dolphins defense. However, i'm fully aware that the season is long and the Bills defense will be hurting more than the Dolphins come January. I remember the Ndamukong Suh Rams being a bit passive in the regular season then really turning it up in mid-December for the Super Bowl run. No prizes for being the best team in September.
The Fins have to be able to match the physical nature of the Bills. I expect a better showing from the Fins in the next game.

I don't know how to view Fangio just quite yet as a DC. Two terrible defensive games and two good ones. At some point he should be able to improve the defense consistently. He is too good of a coach not to be a difference maker.

On offense, the team has to protect Tua better. The Oline had three really good games before the Bills.

The Bills defense did the same thing to Washington's QB.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to be the norm now, Belichick being outcoached. He’s had several blunders lately. Seems he’s lost his touch.
I think for his sake he should have retired sooner. He's just not going to win the division or conference any time soon. The teams are better now talent wise and these other guys can coach too.

The longer that Belichick coaches the better Brady looks and the worse that he looks.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I heard too as of mid September. Still a December expected return. Torn meniscus is usually 3 to 6 months, but since it's an athlete even if he's able to move around fine in the next 6 weeks, they'll take precaution marching him out on the field. It's a relatively common injury of the knee and usually most individuals (even without surgery pending the severity) return to normal function. That part of the knee has some areas that can somewhat repair on their own and other parts that cannot (hence surgery). They call it the red and white zone. The red zone receives blood so it can repair on it's own (or heal more quickly), the white zone does not receive much if any blood so surgery is required.

I'm assuming that's what Ramsey had hence the longer recovery time and surgery.
Instead of surgery, they can use PRP.
Has been done successfully

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When playing poker, if you have a bad hand, it is very hard to win even with great skills.....

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When playing poker, if you have a bad hand, it is very hard to win even with great skills.....
True, but many of the problems they are having always come down to lack of discipline, stupid mistakes, penalties and miscues that cost putting points on the board, overall lack of preparation, etc. Some may disagree, but we do have some players that could be better if said mistakes were less recurrent, and that seems like a coaching problem.

Even BB has admitted that coaches, including himself, have to do a better job.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but many of the problems they are having always come down to lack of discipline, stupid mistakes, penalties and miscues that cost putting points on the board, overall lack of preparation, etc. Some may disagree, but we do have some players that could be better if said mistakes were less recurrent, and that seems like a coaching problem.

Even BB has admitted that coaches, including himself, have to do a better job.
All teams are going to make mistakes. The Patriots are subpar at QB, a position where great play can help a team overcome those mistakes. They drafted a developmental 4th rounder propped up because he played with ridiculous talent in college in the first round. That’s the blunder that is holding them back. No QB.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All teams are going to make mistakes. The Patriots are subpar at QB, a position where great play can help a team overcome those mistakes. They drafted a developmental 4th rounder propped up because he played with ridiculous talent in college in the first round. That’s the blunder that is holding them back. No QB.
Maybe, but not all mistakes are the same. Pats have usually committed them when they have a drive going and potential to score, taking them out of position. Also, zero ability to capitalize on other team’s mistakes. The exact opposite of what Belichick used to do. Not putting all the blame on him, there is no chemistry between him and Mac, and that adds to the blunders.