• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pablo Sandoval Possibly to Red Sox for $80-90 Million

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be wanting the Red Sox to bail on this so fast if I was a Red Sox fan...

I'm worried sick the Padres are about to do something really dumb but maybe they're just trying to up his deal. I hope the Giants will match the offer but they're not that dumb.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My buddy has a theory that worries me. He says that Flablo might pick the Padres at less money because a.) everyone wants to play there, but mainly b.) because he knows he can't maintain his level of play and wants to escape the inevitable pressure and scrutiny that would come with playing for Boston.

I hope like hell it's not true and the Sox get their man next week. :hope:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

really-sweating.gif

If the Giants are offering basically what the Padres are offering, it's interesting that Flablo is interested in coming to San Diego.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be funny when Boston finishes with 70-80 wins.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$20m/yr is certainly a bit much....

But you gotta ask are they better with Sandoval? I would really like to see Middlebrooks progess, but 2012 was along time ago....

Betts
Pedroia
Ortiz
Ramirez
Napoli
Sandoval
Castillo
Bogaerts
Vasquez

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$20m/yr is certainly a bit much....

But you gotta ask are they better with Sandoval? I would really like to see Middlebrooks progess, but 2012 was along time ago....

Betts
Pedroia
Ortiz
Ramirez
Napoli
Sandoval
Castillo
Bogaerts
Vasquez

Injuries have really fucked up his development (especially the wrist injury), though I thought he would have regressed a bit in 2012. He looked a lot better at the plate after the ASB in 2013, but he was still striking out way too much this year.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's official! :yes:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted nothing to do with this contract.

I feel your pain. The Red Sox are going to come to regret this deal and probably sooner than later.

I can hear Boston fans now. Instead of a Panda-head wearing douchebag at AT&T saying "ohhh, Panda's soooo cute!" you'll have angry Southies screaming "get that fat cocksucker off the field."

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel your pain. The Red Sox are going to come to regret this deal and probably sooner than later.

I can hear Boston fans now. Instead of a Panda-head wearing douchebag at AT&T saying "ohhh, Panda's soooo cute!" you'll have angry Southies screaming "get that fat cocksucker off the field."

Well... It would be, "get that wicked fat cawksuckah off the field!"

jete02fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox putting together a great combo, Ortiz and Sandoval..Big Papi..and "Bigger" Papi :-)

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has he stated why he wanted to go to Boston over San Francisco if the financials were similar? To move cross country for a few million when we're talking of $100 million seems odd.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox putting together a great combo, Ortiz and Sandoval..Big Papi..and "Bigger" Papi :-)

The line up is better than last year, and that was the goal...

Betts
Pedroia
Ortiz
Ramirez
Napoli
Sandoval
Castillo
Bogaerts
Vazquez

This is provided they figureout how to trade Cespeded & Victorino....

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has he stated why he wanted to go to Boston over San Francisco if the financials were similar? To move cross country for a few million when we're talking of $100 million seems odd.

KNBR has said that Sandoval said that the DH was a big factor. Also, apparently, he, Papi and Hanley are pretty good friends, so it was kind of a group deal. Other rumors are that he was bent that the Giants didn't sign him to a "Pence" deal (5/90) last winter/ST.

Who knows if any of these are accurate. Just some theories that are getting thrown around.

As I have said on the Giants board, while I hate to see Sandoval go, I think that the Giants "losing" this battle was actually a win. That is a LOT of money going to a BIG question mark. Sure, he has a track record of crushing in post-season play, and I am a believer in that, but his numbers have been steadily going down while his waistline has been steadily going up. His self-motivation has been an issue his whole career, and now he has a shit-ton of money and a safety net of the DH to take incentive away from him staying in shape.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KNBR has said that Sandoval said that the DH was a big factor. Also, apparently, he, Papi and Hanley are pretty good friends, so it was kind of a group deal. Other rumors are that he was bent that the Giants didn't sign him to a "Pence" deal (5/90) last winter/ST.

Who knows if any of these are accurate. Just some theories that are getting thrown around.

As I have said on the Giants board, while I hate to see Sandoval go, I think that the Giants "losing" this battle was actually a win. That is a LOT of money going to a BIG question mark. Sure, he has a track record of crushing in post-season play, and I am a believer in that, but his numbers have been steadily going down while his waistline has been steadily going up. His self-motivation has been an issue his whole career, and now he has a shit-ton of money and a safety net of the DH to take incentive away from him staying in shape.

Agree on all points... I am worried about health issues for both of these new deals...

And, SF should be happy they can spend that money elsewhere.