• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pablo Sandoval Possibly to Red Sox for $80-90 Million

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While a quick glace at Pablo Sandoval's BA .286 would lead you to think he's have a pretty good season so far, digging deeper. He has terrible splits, he's really bad against LH'ed pitchers. Also his SLG% is pathetic and his OPS of .681 is pretty bad. I doubt the Red Sox signed a guy for 5 years guaranteed $95MM and a 6th year vesting option for another $15MM that has ZERO HRs and only 4 RBI's to date. Before any Red Sox fan goes all crazy about a small sample size I think most fans understand he got the ridiculous contract from the Sox based on an incredible 2014 season. Because to be fair his regular seasons numbers are nothing really special.

And don't pretend like his weight isn't a problem. A very BIG problem.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While a quick glace at Pablo Sandoval's BA .286 would lead you to think he's have a pretty good season so far, digging deeper. He has terrible splits, he's really bad against LH'ed pitchers. Also his SLG% is pathetic and his OPS of .681 is pretty bad. I doubt the Red Sox signed a guy for 5 years guaranteed $95MM and a 6th year vesting option for another $15MM that has ZERO HRs and only 4 RBI's to date. Before any Red Sox fan goes all crazy about a small sample size I think most fans understand he got the ridiculous contract from the Sox based on an incredible 2014 season. Because to be fair his regular seasons numbers are nothing really special.

And don't pretend like his weight isn't a problem. A very BIG problem.

He had a great postseason in 2014, but regular season wasn't anything special. He tends to go into these long funks at the plate. Another issue with Pablo is that he has a difficult time dealing with criticism and takes slumps hard. Our local Giants announcer Mike Krukow observed this about Sandoval. If things really turn south on him and the Boston fans really turn on him, how is he going to take it? He was a home grown product in SF, and fans treated him as such. In Boston, he is a high priced mercenary. Doubt fans there will nearly show that much patience if Pablo gets into a protracted slump and/or his weight balloons.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a great postseason in 2014, but regular season wasn't anything special. He tends to go into these long funks at the plate. Another issue with Pablo is that he has a difficult time dealing with criticism and takes slumps hard. Our local Giants announcer Mike Krukow observed this about Sandoval. If things really turn south on him and the Boston fans really turn on him, how is he going to take it? He was a home grown product in SF, and fans treated him as such. In Boston, he is a high priced mercenary. Doubt fans there will nearly show that much patience if Pablo gets into a protracted slump and/or his weight balloons.

No that is correct, he will get crucified here in Boston if he gets into a prolonged slump, Same with Hanley... Heck, even everyone knowing the pitching would suck they still are going nuts. Granted Porcello signing I'm still scratching my head about (the extension that is)

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No that is correct, he will get crucified here in Boston if he gets into a prolonged slump, Same with Hanley... Heck, even everyone knowing the pitching would suck they still are going nuts. Granted Porcello signing I'm still scratching my head about (the extension that is)

That is how it goes. The same thing happened to Barry Zito when he signed his big contract in SF and then stunk it up. The fans were hard on him.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is how it goes. The same thing happened to Barry Zito when he signed his big contract in SF and then stunk it up. The fans were hard on him.

I don't blame em... You sign that big of a contract and you under perform like that...

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pablo and Timmeh have been our fan base's prodigal sons. We have seen them at their best and worst, and we hope for their success beyond simple wins and losses. We want them to succeed based on a deep yearning for our farmhands to develop into studs and sustain that success.

Boston fans will CRUCIFY Pablo as soon as he goes into one of his 1 for 35 slumps while swinging at pitches above his eyes. Should be pretty fucking brutal to watch, but given his latest comments regarding the Giants....I'll simply shake my head and think to myself, "Karma is a bitch".

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pablo and Timmeh have been our fan base's prodigal sons. We have seen them at their best and worst, and we hope for their success beyond simple wins and losses. We want them to succeed based on a deep yearning for our farmhands to develop into studs and sustain that success.

Boston fans will CRUCIFY Pablo as soon as he goes into one of his 1 for 35 slumps while swinging at pitches above his eyes. Should be pretty fucking brutal to watch, but given his latest comments regarding the Giants....I'll simply shake my head and think to myself, "Karma is a bitch".
I hate to root AGAINST anyone, but bridge-burners really bring it on themselves.

I am still a Sorry Doc fan, even though he only played 1+ seasons with us, because he left with class. I am a Zito fan because he owned his craptastic play and took his '10 benching like a man. I am still a Morse fan. I am still a Uribe fan.

Wilson, Sandoval and Rowand deserve every shred of disdain they have. They went scorched earth after they left (not so much in Rowand's case, but he went out of his way to be a bitch while he was here, to that counts), so Fuck them.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to root AGAINST anyone, but bridge-burners really bring it on themselves.

I am still a Sorry Doc fan, even though he only played 1+ seasons with us, because he left with class. I am a Zito fan because he owned his craptastic play and took his '10 benching like a man. I am still a Morse fan. I am still a Uribe fan.

Wilson, Sandoval and Rowand deserve every shred of disdain they have. They went scorched earth after they left (not so much in Rowand's case, but he went out of his way to be a bitch while he was here, to that counts), so Fuck them.

I agree. And fuck Rowland. Wilson, I gave a pass to initially. His first contract with Los Doyers was forgivable in my mind because he was coming back from injury and just seeking out a payday. He was dead to me as soon as he re-signed. Pablo, I gave a pass to as well. Until he started mouthing off, basically throwing the entire organization under the bus all because his fat ass didn't want to do the necessary cardio to allow him enough flexibility to actually bend down to pick up a fucking baseball, I was ok with him moving on to bigger paydays. Once he basically threw the double birds towards Sabes and the rest, he was dead to me.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not. Even. Close.

San Francisco "hard" is Polite in Boston.

The fatter Flablo got, the more we heard how cute "Panda" was.

I can't wait to see what his attitude gets him in Beantown.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. And fuck Rowland. Wilson, I gave a pass to initially. His first contract with Los Doyers was forgivable in my mind because he was coming back from injury and just seeking out a payday. He was dead to me as soon as he re-signed. Pablo, I gave a pass to as well. Until he started mouthing off, basically throwing the entire organization under the bus all because his fat ass didn't want to do the necessary cardio to allow him enough flexibility to actually bend down to pick up a fucking baseball, I was ok with him moving on to bigger paydays. Once he basically threw the double birds towards Sabes and the rest, he was dead to me.

The Boch let him play fat. 100% of the responsibility lays with Boch. The lazy fatass felt entitled because Boch looked the other way.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not. Even. Close.

if he starts to struggle and his defense goes down it won't be pretty

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never booed Zito or Lincecum or any other struggling Giant player. Zito redeemed himself big time in 2012 with Giants fans

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not. Even. Close.

I've never experienced a Boston crowd only heard about it. I think the media is a lot tougher over there also. The media on the West Coast is tame

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Boch let him play fat. 100% of the responsibility lays with Boch. The lazy fatass felt entitled because Boch looked the other way.

The front office was constantly on him about his weight. That was supposedly one of the " disrespectable " things mgmt did to Pablo.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, he really didn't. In 2010, Pablo sat the bench and cheaply collected his WS ring while Juan Uribe took his job. As he got more rotund as the seasons rolled on (see what I did there?), over the last couple of years, we've seen more and more of Arias then us Giants fans probably care to considering the mammoth potential Pablo showed in his earlier, "more fit" years.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, he really didn't. In 2010, Pablo sat the bench and cheaply collected his WS ring while Juan Uribe took his job. As he got more rotund as the seasons rolled on (see what I did there?), over the last couple of years, we've seen more and more of Arias then us Giants fans probably care to considering the mammoth potential Pablo showed in his earlier, "more fit" years.

I think it was part weight and part that he couldn't hit a ball off of a tee let alone major league hitting.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just gonna come on here to post that!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incredible. Is this a new low for the Sox? THIS is their future at 3rd? Was he eating a Hot Pocket in there too?