• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Overrated QB's

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL You started a dumb thread claiming that four all-time greats are overrated. I called it dumb and you say I added nothing. Pretty sure that zero plus any positive number is greater than zero.

Broadway Joe is crazy overrated. Who isn't in the football HOF?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favre. Talent wise great, didn't have a clue how to play. End result is a guy who was slightly above average but somehow gets in the discussion like he was ever actually elite, let alone worthy of a single GOAT mention.

I hate his gunslinging screw over his team with selfishness style of play. His interception record should stand a verrry long time.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A so called Viking fan slamming the best QB that ever played for the Vikings. Go figure.

I'm really not slamming Francis, he was fun to watch, he was just overrated. Warren Moon is the best QB to ever play for the Vikes.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really not slamming Francis, he was fun to watch, he was just overrated. Warren Moon is the best QB to ever play for the Vikes.

Hey I think Moon was a heck of a QB, but better then Fran?:laugh3:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A so called Viking fan slamming the best QB that ever played for the Vikings. Go figure.

I doubt the OP ever saw any of the four player who he labels "overrated" even play. Really a dumb post by the OP. Namath is the only one of the four who is perhaps overrated, but that is largely due to having suffered knee injuries back in the day when knee surgery was far more problematic than it often is today. Players don't get into the HOF and earn First-Team All Pro honors because they are overrated. Then again, the OP seems to consider himself a "free thinker". LOL

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I think Moon was a heck of a QB, but better then Fran?:laugh3:

Well, IMO Moon threw the best deep ball in the history of the league and yes he was a better QB than Fran, Francis was a great scrambler but he never showed up when it mattered and he has great numbers because he played 18 seasons.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd always thought of Randall Cunningham and Daunte Cullpepper as the best Vik single seasons.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the OP ever saw any of the four player who he labels "overrated" even play. Really a dumb post by the OP. Namath is the only one of the four who is perhaps overrated, but that is largely due to having suffered knee injuries back in the day when knee surgery was far more problematic than it often is today. Players don't get into the HOF and earn First-Team All Pro honors because they are overrated. Then again, the OP seems to consider himself a "free thinker". LOL

Dumb assumption.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Culpepper was never that good. He just happened to have the arm strength to take advantage of moss.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How so? Nobody says he was the best ever and such. How many Superbowl apperances did Moon lead the Vikings to? Oh yeah, none! Not a one.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broadway Joe is crazy overrated. Who isn't in the football HOF?

Really? I didn't think that such a dumb thread could get any dumber. Now someone is prepared to argue that the HOF is overrated?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Culpepper was never that good. He just happened to have the arm strength to take advantage of moss.

His '04 season was crazy. A great receiver definitely can make a QB. Won't get an argument from me on that issue.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I seen every player play I talked about. You really don't think Swann or Namath is overrated?

Tark = 1 time first team all pro
Joe = 1 time first team all pro
Swann = 1 time first team all pro

Yeah, I was way off... Fact is there aren't many players more overrated than Swann or Namath...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so? Nobody says he was the best ever and such. How many Superbowl apperances did Moon lead the Vikings to? Oh yeah, none! Not a one.

This just in, Football is a team sport...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I didn't think that such a dumb thread could get any dumber. Now someone is prepared to argue that the HOF is overrated?

More than a few overrated players are in the HOF. So yeah, Im prepared for you to call people stupid a few more times. Does HOF induction rule someone out from "overrated" consideration to you? (That'd be dumb...)

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, if you are old enough to have had this conversation 20 years ago, Tark was talked about as one of the greatest of all time.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seen every player play I talked about. You really don't think Swann or Namath is overrated?

Tark = 1 time first team all pro
Joe = 1 time first team all pro
Swann = 1 time first team all pro

Yeah, I was way off... Fact is there aren't many players more overrated than Swann or Namath...

Okay then, I'll just agree to disagree what "overrated" means, since, in my opinion, a guy who earns First-Team All Pro (i.e., the best at his position that season) rates too high to be "overrated".

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay then, I'll just agree to disagree what "overrated" means, since, in my opinion, a guy who earns First-Team All Pro (i.e., the best at his position that season) rates too high to be "overrated".

Fair enough but you have to think about 1 season vs a career, one great season does not a HOFer make.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His '04 season was crazy. A great receiver definitely can make a QB. Won't get an argument from me on that issue.

I wish I could have seen moss with a great QB his whole career like Jerry rice had. I know his personality caused issues at times, but god damn he could play. I honestly think he'd have got pretty fucking close to rice in a lot of areas if his situation was a little better.

(And yes, ignoring his mental weaknesses after calling Favre the most overrated ever for similar reasons sounds hypocritical, but you simply aren't as required to make decisions at WR. He still undoubtedly made his team better and Favre often made them worse.)