• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Overrated QB's

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Vikes fan I wanna start by saying Fran Tarkenton was overrated. Look at his playoff and Super Bowl numbers.

Most overrated QB of all time is John Elway, I can't for the life of me understand why people have him in their top 10. His numbers aren't good at all until TD arrived and he sucked in the Super Bowl when he didn't have TD.

Joe Namath for obvious reasons is also way overrated...

I might start a WR overrated thread because Lynn Swann should be talked about too...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Vikes fan I wanna start by saying Fran Tarkenton was overrated. Look at his playoff and Super Bowl numbers.

Most overrated QB of all time is John Elway, I can't for the life of me understand why people have him in their top 10. His numbers aren't good at all until TD arrived and he sucked in the Super Bowl when he didn't have TD.

I might start a WR overrated thread because Lynn Swann should be talked about too...

Total agreement on Lynn Swann. Liked Elway a lot as a kid. But I liked Bernie Kosar a lot also. And Jim Kelly. And Rich Gannon.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^ dumb post. Tarkenton, Elway, Namath, and Swann are all HOFers.

Posting nonsense on the internet is apparently overrated by those who choose to do so, however.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate when people solely use stats to paint a picture on how good a person was or how bad they were. Many things on a team help make stats better or worse.
Fran for instance. Not that I ever considered him one of the GOAT, but if the Vikes had a different type of QB do they win more or less games? What makes him stand the test of time in peoples memory wasn't that he was great. But that he was one of the 1st scrambling QBs that could pass. So I don't think he is overrated since I don't think he gets rated with the best in the 1st place. he deserves his fame however.

Brett Favre, Terry Bradshaw & Joe Nameth however I could agree with.

Lynn Swann wasn't even the best WR on his team at the time, so I have to say good mention on that one.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Surprising that a Viking fan would call Fran "over rated". First off you don't see a lot folks calling him one of the best ever ( I think he was pretty damn good myself). His career was very Jim Kelly like in that he had 3 SB games , but won none. Still he was 4th all time in TDs and 5th in all time wins. I always felt he was ahead of his time and that the coaches really didn't know how to make the most of his talent.

He was easily the best QB the Vikings ever had. Why would you want to slam him?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Posting nonsense on the internet is apparently overrated by those who choose to do so, however.

well to be considered over rated, you must 1st be rated. Which means they had to be good in the 1st place to become overrated.

No one has ever said some player that sucked was overrated.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for adding nothing.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well to be considered over rated, you must 1st be rated. Which means they had to be good in the 1st place to become overrated.

No one has ever said some player that sucked was overrated.

The four players you mentioned are far more than simply "good" players; they are all all-time greats, which is why they are all in the HOF.

Are you prepared to argue that any or all of them don't deserve that honor? If so, I doubt that you are more persuasive than the voters who elected them on the basis of what they accomplished on the field.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate when people solely use stats to paint a picture on how good a person was or how bad they were. Many things on a team help make stats better or worse.
Fran for instance. Not that I ever considered him one of the GOAT, but if the Vikes had a different type of QB do they win more or less games? What makes him stand the test of time in peoples memory wasn't that he was great. But that he was one of the 1st scrambling QBs that could pass. So I don't think he is overrated since I don't think he gets rated with the best in the 1st place. he deserves his fame however.

Brett Favre, Terry Bradshaw & Joe Nameth however I could agree with.

Lynn Swann wasn't even the best WR on his team at the time, so I have to say good mention on that one.

If you are old enough to have talked about greatest QB's of all time 20 years ago, Tarkenton's name was mentioned in all lists, fact is the Vikes won because of the defense and he never once lead the team to a meaningful win.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for adding nothing.

LOL You started a dumb thread claiming that four all-time greats are overrated. I called it dumb and you say I added nothing. Pretty sure that zero plus any positive number is greater than zero.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The four players you mentioned are far more than simply "good" players; they are all all-time greats, which is why they are all in the HOF.

Are you prepared to argue that any or all of them don't deserve that honor? If so, I doubt that you are more persuasive than the voters who elected them on the basis of what they accomplished on the field.

Lynn Swann and all time great should never be mentioned in the same post. Elway is as overrated as it gets. Rather than bashing others how about giving us an original thought...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL You started a dumb thread claiming that four all-time greats are overrated. I called it dumb and you say added nothing. Pretty sure that zero plus any positive number is greater than zero.

Sorry, next time I start a thread i'll run it by you first, add something or STFU...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL You started a dumb thread claiming that four all-time greats are overrated. I called it dumb and you say I added nothing. Pretty sure that zero plus any positive number is greater than zero.

Oh and did you just call Namath an all time great?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, next time I start a thread i'll run it by you first, add something or STFU...

What is there to add to this nonsense other than to call it just that? All four of the players you named are all-time greats. Are you even old enough to have watched any of them play? Are you too dumb to understand that "overrated" players aren't elected to the HOF?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ok I'll bite. Even though I know to continue tohis conversation with you is a mistake since you obviously aren't grasping what is being said.

Yes all three QBs are HOF worthy. Don't think anyone would ever say otherwise.that was never questioned.
So for an example. many people out there say Brett Favre is the best ever or even say top 3. I say he is one of the most overrated players, so no IMO he is not worthy of being considered in the top 3.
Thus he is overrated.
None of this means they shouldn't be in the HOF.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overrated players aren't in the hall? It seems you just cant think for yourself, thanks for playing. If you think Namath and Swann are all time greats you clearly haven't a clue.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favre. Talent wise great, didn't have a clue how to play. End result is a guy who was slightly above average but somehow gets in the discussion like he was ever actually elite, let alone worthy of a single GOAT mention.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A so called Viking fan slamming the best QB that ever played for the Vikings. Go figure.