• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our biggest need now?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't tell...I mean, really I can't tell. This long snapper thing...that it's even being discussed. This is a joke, right?

It's no joke cali. I tried to warn you last year how bad our backup long snapper position was becoming, now the gates of hell are apon us. And all you were worried about was the front 7. :gaah:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll be the first ones crying when are long snapper and punter suck.
I just would like to see some competition.
That never hurt anybody

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see his point Leo... Palmer's abilities will be maximized under Trestman. I really don't think that back up QB is a huge concern right now. But you and others pointed out some great concerns that need to be addressed first.

Leo has to follow me around, and question just about every 1 of my posts.
Since we had a drunkin ( on my part ) run in a while ago. I've apologized privately & and publicly . But he just won't let it go. :lol: I'm kinda used to it by now.
But yeah, I will be comfortable w/ any QB T-man chooses as our BU. Looking at our roster there's also an ex-Texas A&M QB on there.
BU-Qb is the least of my worries.
Besides I thought Palmer looked better than any of our QBs last preseason. And that on 1 week in the system.
Albeit going against 3rd & 4th stringers. But I just think has a good grasp of the system.:suds:

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free safety is my biggest concern right now. We have 2 DEs that can fill in @ DT if need be. We have plenty of LBs to 1 fill 1 spot. Hayden & Tillman were resigned. We don't NEED a CB.
We don't have a free safety, who can actually play the game.
Phil gave him (Conte) the kiss of death in 1 of his pressers. When he said " I'd like nothing better than to be talking a contract extension w/ Chris next year". When asked about Conte's play.
I think he knows he won't have to.
I prefer Pryor, but ha-ha will do.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest concern is overall depth on defense. CB would be #1 in depth IMO. We have 4 safeties now...not that they are that great- MD Jennings, Mundy, Conte, and someone else... Can't think of his name.
The draft will be where we get this young depth.
With only Tilllman and Jennings at CB worry me with Peanuts injury history and age. (As much as I love him I would not have been upset if we chose to not resign him- glad he's back though) I think Bowman signed with the Giants- or was in talks.
Last year we sucked so bad because of injuries and lack of solid depth. I still think we need to focus majority of our draft on defensive depth. CB, DT, and S. Should be at least three of the picks out of 7.
I'm not too concerned of which round we take each.

TE would be wise to grab another somewhere in the draft. We used a T last year and he was no threat to catch a pass.
A rotational or extra OL (maybe CENTER to groom when Garza is done) I'm a tiny bit worried that if our OL lost a guy like Garza we might be in trouble with depth. And if we lost two OL it would make for a very tough season. Health will always be a concern.

So by my count- 7 draft picks:
CB
DT
DT
S
TE
OL
Misc. (a "luxury" best available athlete maybe WR/KR/ST or DB/ST)

We can then sign some UFA rookies: Punter/Longsnapper/3rd developmental Quarterback.

This would be my blueprint for the rest of the offseason- Remember we can and probably will sign some future "cut in preseason" vets too. (that's how we got Ratliff) There will be some deals to have.
Superbowl bound!! Go Bears!

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also truly believe that if you have a strong DL rotation that can stop the run and put some pressure on the QB you can hide and mask the Secondary. We hated Conte so much last year because he was needed to make tackles 20 yards down field after a 3rd string RB got passed our awful DL. Of course Conte sucked and wiffed and was exposed on those would be tackles. We get better play in the DL and it won't be as big of a deal with Conte back there- as scary as that sounds.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll be the first ones crying when are long snapper and punter suck.
I just would like to see some competition.
That never hurt anybody

There's no such thing as a bad long snapper. It's the easiest god damned job in professional sports.

If a guy botches a snap, he botches a freakin snap. It happens. We have a long snapper. Stop, this is stupid.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If rookie long snappers were the norm then why have we had Pat for so long at a decent price when you can just get a rookies every year? I think its a little more than just snapping the ball between your legs. Its a special type position that not everyone can play and you want someone who can run down and make a tackle. Competition is always good. Butler will be making more money from the Steelers this year than from the Bears. Cheap sometimes means exactly what it sounds like. Giving the job to him irca rookie just puts us in the same spot as last season.....a bad punter hurts the defense.

The punting position can't get any worse.

This is just so stupid... I'm not even justifying this with replies anymore.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the old days, when your backup center was your long snapper, hell, your center used to be your long snapper. used to snap the ball and get put directly on his ass. Now you cannot line anyone up over the snapper, you cannot hit the snapper, so he snaps the ball, since nobody can hit him he runs down the field to tackle the punt returner.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest concern is overall depth on defense. CB would be #1 in depth IMO. We have 4 safeties now...not that they are that great- MD Jennings, Mundy, Conte, and someone else... Can't think of his name.
The draft will be where we get this young depth.
With only Tilllman and Jennings at CB worry me with Peanuts injury history and age. (As much as I love him I would not have been upset if we chose to not resign him- glad he's back though) I think Bowman signed with the Giants- or was in talks.
Last year we sucked so bad because of injuries and lack of solid depth. I still think we need to focus majority of our draft on defensive depth. CB, DT, and S. Should be at least three of the picks out of 7.
I'm not too concerned of which round we take each.

TE would be wise to grab another somewhere in the draft. We used a T last year and he was no threat to catch a pass.
A rotational or extra OL (maybe CENTER to groom when Garza is done) I'm a tiny bit worried that if our OL lost a guy like Garza we might be in trouble with depth. And if we lost two OL it would make for a very tough season. Health will always be a concern.

So by my count- 7 draft picks:
CB
DT
DT
S
TE
OL
Misc. (a "luxury" best available athlete maybe WR/KR/ST or DB/ST)

We can then sign some UFA rookies: Punter/Longsnapper/3rd developmental Quarterback.

This would be my blueprint for the rest of the offseason- Remember we can and probably will sign some future "cut in preseason" vets too. (that's how we got Ratliff) There will be some deals to have.
Superbowl bound!! Go Bears!

We have 4 CBs w/game experience. Peanut , Jennings, Frey, & Hayden ( who I have no confidence in , but others do). We have zero safeties that have proved they can play. The FAs we signed, I'm unfamiliar with.
We also have DEs that can fill in DT in pass rush situations . So I don't think 2 are needed. 1 stud would be nice. But there seems to be a lot of debate on who that stud is. At LB we have a slew of guys eager to fill 1 spot. I think safety is our weakest link right now.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what we play as a base D. If we are still fiddling around with Lovie and his Tampa-2 then the biggest need is the 3 tech, period. It all starts up front and while we have guys who can "play" DT, the fact is, we only have 3 DT's on the team, Ratliff, Collins and Paea, while we have 6 DE's. I see the Bears drafting 1 if not 2 DT's in the draft and probably one high like first round.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is less stupid then you realize

The punting position can't get any worse.

This is just so stupid... I'm not even justifying this with replies anymore.

There is a reason these players get million dollar contracts. No matter what you think we need healthy competition or we will have a piss poor special team unit again

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what we play as a base D. If we are still fiddling around with Lovie and his Tampa-2 then the biggest need is the 3 tech, period. It all starts up front and while we have guys who can "play" DT, the fact is, we only have 3 DT's on the team, Ratliff, Collins and Paea, while we have 6 DE's. I see the Bears drafting 1 if not 2 DT's in the draft and probably one high like first round.

DT isn't a major priority right now . Would love to see them get the BPA , no matter the position @ 14. Even if it's TE. Not wishing for 1 (TE) , but we could use a certifiable BU for Bennet. Just saying I want the best guy available @ 14. Just hoping Pryor or Gilbert are there. DT can be had in rd 2 or later.
But if a DT is the BPA @ 14, you grab him.:suds:

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT isn't a major priority right now . Would love to see them get the BPA , no matter the position @ 14. Even if it's TE. Not wishing for 1 (TE) , but we could use a certifiable BU for Bennet. Just saying I want the best guy available @ 14. Just hoping Pryor or Gilbert are there. DT can be had in rd 2 or later.
But if a DT is the BPA @ 14, you grab him.:suds:

Yup, I can live with what you said, but Emery is still capable of drafting a Shea while leaving a Chandler Jones sitting there... That still un nerves me.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, I can live with what you said, but Emery is still capable of drafting a Shea while leaving a Chandler Jones sitting there... That still un nerves me.

I read an article where Rod worked Shea out pre-draft . Liked what he saw. Just think Shea was Lovie-Rod pick. If you want your HC to shoot himself, you draft his guy. In that particular draft I think Phil already knew Shea wasn't a DE. I'd be surprised if his scouts didn't tell him that.
Just think Lovie going on Rod's opinion, said this is the guy I'd like have.
I think Phil Masterminded the whole scenario.
Draft this BS DE. Get rid of Lovie ( he has too much pull around here ). Get My own HC , and build a frikin team. Just my thoughts:suds:
Just curious If he plays well @ LB . How many would call that a bust pick?

Last edited by a moderator:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a reason these players get million dollar contracts. No matter what you think we need healthy competition or we will have a piss poor special team unit again

... we do have competition. We have multiple punters on the roster.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you've had a few shouldn't you see more like 8 or 10 Ps on that list?

A few isn't a lot :lol:. Maybe an hour or 2 down the road I'd have seen a dozen.
Still trying to figure out how I saw 3. :lol::suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article where Rod worked Shea out pre-draft . Liked what he saw. Just think Shea was Lovie-Rod pick. If you want your HC to shoot himself, you draft his guy. In that particular draft I think Phil already knew Shea wasn't a DE. I'd be surprised if his scouts didn't tell him that.
Just think Lovie going on Rod's opinion, said this is the guy I'd like have.
I think Phil Masterminded the whole scenario.
Draft this BS DE. Get rid of Lovie ( he has too much pull around here ). Get My own HC , and build a frikin team. Just my thoughts:suds:
Just curious If he plays well @ LB . How many would call that a bust pick?

Shea in no way shape or form fit Lovie,s def. Rod did not use or want him. Sorry but he is pure 100% Emorys pick. Emory has been great everywhere but the draft room. His drafting in the 1st rd has been a huge swing and a miss so far.