• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our biggest need now?

C

cubzzzfanincali

taking a step back, our biggest need is not having a bunch of douchebag union workers or prissy politicians who think they have the right to run our lives dictate anything football.

Right?

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This I knew......I should`ve worded my post differently.sorry

and I definetley agree with the rest of this post.

Now say a qb fell to us at 14.............Would we pass that one up?

That would be the question.

I doubt there's a better QB in this draft than Jay. But if for some unseen circumstances Bridgewater falls to 14, I'd have to take him.
Just think the kids a winner.
The trade value would be enormous.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still need a 3 tech.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on how you do the math, the Bears have like 5 pass rushing down capable DTs but only 3 everyday down DTs to deal with run stopping. Yeah, we need another on our roster, but remember that Houston and Idonije can come over.

I'm guessing that of the "3 Bears DTs" that you mean Ratliff, Collins, and Paea. Ignoring that Houston really belongs as a classic 4-3 3-tech DT based on his build, which of those three do you not consider difference makers? Paea and Collins I am guessing, but please make it clear.

Um, we have a couple of DE that can come in on passing downs and play the 3 tech, but that really doesn't help the fact we have Ratliff, Collins and Paea for 2 positions going into the season. Traditionally in a Tampa 2, the 3 tech spot is critical. Now who knows what our Bears will be running aside from the obvious 4 man front with the Allen signing, but 3 tackles for 2 positions isn't enough to start a season with. Houston was not brought in to play 3 tech, but I'm not sure about Idonije, not even sure Isreal can make the team, he's getting old, perhaps he's lost a step, plus the Bears are still pretty high on Bass. Remember Ratliff is on the old side, coming off a major crazy bad injury, Collins is younger but guess what, he's coming off major surgery AND add to it Paea was dealing with bad turf toe all season long. These three do not have a long history of being healthy.

We need to draft 1 if not 2 DT types, if the second is a big heavy immovable object for those goal line stands at NT.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Leo... that's how the NFL works. Punters bounce around... A LOT. Especially early. It's a tough gig to land. No one is drafted, and they're all paid the same.

Fortunately, it's not hard to find a serviceable or even a good one.

If youre a kicker/punter, best keep the phone handy after the season starts. Its one of those positions that can be filled quickly if need be.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, we have a couple of DE that can come in on passing downs and play the 3 tech, but that really doesn't help the fact we have Ratliff, Collins and Paea for 2 positions going into the season. Traditionally in a Tampa 2, the 3 tech spot is critical. Now who knows what our Bears will be running aside from the obvious 4 man front with the Allen signing, but 3 tackles for 2 positions isn't enough to start a season with. Houston was not brought in to play 3 tech, but I'm not sure about Idonije, not even sure Isreal can make the team, he's getting old, perhaps he's lost a step, plus the Bears are still pretty high on Bass. Remember Ratliff is on the old side, coming off a major crazy bad injury, Collins is younger but guess what, he's coming off major surgery AND add to it Paea was dealing with bad turf toe all season long. These three do not have a long history of being healthy.

We need to draft 1 if not 2 DT types, if the second is a big heavy immovable object for those goal line stands at NT.

But do we need to take 1 @ 14? I agree we need another DT or 2 but I want the BPA @ 14. May it be CB ,S , DT, LB , QB, WR , TE, etc... I want the best player available. That's how good teams are built. By stock piling BPA's. Look what happened to PiTT. They always drafted BPA. And were always good for a long time.
But the past few years they have drafted for need. And now they are a middle of pack team.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But do we need to take 1 @ 14? I agree we need another DT or 2 but I want the BPA @ 14. May it be CB ,S , DT, LB , QB, WR , TE, etc... I want the best player available. That's how good teams are built. By stock piling BPA's. Look what happened to PiTT. They always drafted BPA. And were always good for a long time.
But the past few years they have drafted for need. And now they are a middle of pack team.

Honestly, no, probably not, there are a lot of NFL caliber DT's in the draft. However, I see two spots that could really use a starter from day 1 after the draft. Safety and 3 tech. We have at least a starter in every other position. Ratliff could slide over and start at 3 tech if somehow Nix is picked with the 14th, but we could really use a starting caliber DT in this draft and going into the second or third gets iffy on starting caliber player. Mills aside.

That's how I see it. What is scary is, I've seen a mock that has Donald, Hix and Dennard all taken before we pick. Yikes, if that happens. Pray for a run on QB's.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, no, probably not, there are a lot of NFL caliber DT's in the draft. However, I see two spots that could really use a starter from day 1 after the draft. Safety and 3 tech. We have at least a starter in every other position. Ratliff could slide over and start at 3 tech if somehow Nix is picked with the 14th, but we could really use a starting caliber DT in this draft and going into the second or third gets iffy on starting caliber player. Mills aside.

That's how I see it. What is scary is, I've seen a mock that has Donald, Hix and Dennard all taken before we pick. Yikes, if that happens. Pray for a run on QB's.

I'll read the mocks just to see what they have to say about certain players.
But you can't bet that the author will be correct. Seems 1 trade can f''k-up all the mocks.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Found this on NFL.com. Just thought you may find interesting.
What 2014 NFL Draft prospects are first-round locks? - NFL.com
Just looking at the averages. 1 of your guys will probably be there.
You also have to factor in there's a couple teams drafting ahead of us , w/not so great front offices.
They just may take shot on guy who has no right to be takin there.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have also seen drafts where Nix is down to late 20's. teams concerned with his weight and that knee and too great of a chance to be a bust.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have also seen drafts where Nix is down to late 20's. teams concerned with his weight and that knee and too great of a chance to be a bust.

Though he said Hix , I think he meant the safety Dix.
Yeah, Nix isn't rated highly at all.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3