• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our 2014 Cap

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue Jersey I don't disagree with you when it come to trading Ware or Witten for the right price. I do however disagree with you on your general opinion of Ware. Trust me if Denver or someone like Carolina called Jerry and said hey we will give up a 1st and a 2nd for either player I would hope he would personally deliver them there in his private let.

Well, that's our number 1 problem with this whole organization isn't it? Jerry. He wouldn't know a good deal if it hit him up side of his head. I bet where Jerry was born and raised guy named Bubba go to law school.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one, don't really give a shit about Phillies cap situation.

Maybe your owner should give a shit on how to keep a salary cap maintained. Would you give a shit about our cap situation if we use it to steal away Dez Bryant? Would you give a shit then Manster?

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe your owner should give a shit on how to keep a salary cap maintained. Would you give a shit about our cap situation if we use it to steal away Dez Bryant? Would you give a shit then Manster?

The attention drama queen is in the house.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget your gonna have to pay Foles now. Not to mention I don't think WR is your concern. Yall need to fix the OL and DL kinda like us. I think Dez is safe.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldnt ......

I saw how TO destroyed you house ....... And ours ....

I'd fucking root for yall to do it

2 #1s ..... You DAMN RIGHT I WOULD

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and manster what I was saying was ... right price ... our Roy williams .... opposite sides of the table

2 #1s

at the least

I dont give a fuck what he does as a "me" player .... we need a solid team ....
what we have now is two handfuls of high priced players over payed and a bunch of nothing around them .....

no playoff win this year ... every man that can be kicked off the ship should be

Now BJJ...... You are off the radar with your suggestions ... to even cut those players we wouldnt have money to field a team

be mad all you want but their is a line between frustration, Madden, and no concept for the cap ......
Your suggestions suggest you have no concept for the cap

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twist. I'm confused on the Lee restructure point you are making. Most of the restructures nowadays are just converting salary to bonus. That would put money in Lee's pocket quicker if he did it, so why not do it?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twist. I'm confused on the Lee restructure point you are making. Most of the restructures nowadays are just converting salary to bonus. That would put money in Lee's pocket quicker if he did it, so why not do it?

Lee was a 2nd round pick .. taken injured .....

He didn't have a big contract .... Like Carter ... pretty small contract.

He has never had a big money year ....... drafted low cause he was injured ... low balled on money because of it ......

Hope that explains .... Every player needs and wants that one multi million year ....

I dont see a restructure in the first year of his new contract ..... MAYBE .... VERY UNLIKELY especially with his injury history..... bad injury .... might be his only big pay day

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if the only difference is him getting the salary over 16 games or getting most of it up front as a bonus and about a million over 16 games...it benefits his wallet to do the restructure, no?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if the only difference is him getting the salary over 16 games or getting most of it up front as a bonus and about a million over 16 games...it benefits his wallet to do the restructure, no?

depends on how they work the contract ......

but just me being honest ....

Im in his shoes..... Not one full NFL season... low balled coming out of college ....

Im gonna take my 7.5 buy my home ... secure my family ..... and worry about others the second year of the contract......

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I'm just assuming the restructure is simply converting salary to bonus with no other changes which means there is no downside unless he doesn't want a big bank account. Now if they look to cut him somewhere else as part of the restructure, then I agree totally.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I'm just assuming the restructure is simply converting salary to bonus with no other changes which means there is no downside unless he doesn't want a big bank account. Now if they look to cut him somewhere else as part of the restructure, then I agree totally.

He just signed the contract .......

He doesnt have millions ....

will be the first year he ever made over 2 million ... EVER....

I dont see a redo in year one .... if he was a 1st round pick ..... maybe ..... nnot a 2nd that got low balled ............ He's never made his million ....

Sometimes it is what it is

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do wish we didn't have to worry about the cap every year, but every year we do and every year Steven takes care of it.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and manster what I was saying was ... right price ... our Roy williams .... opposite sides of the table

2 #1s

at the least

I dont give a fuck what he does as a "me" player .... we need a solid team ....
what we have now is two handfuls of high priced players over payed and a bunch of nothing around them .....

no playoff win this year ... every man that can be kicked off the ship should be

Now BJJ...... You are off the radar with your suggestions ... to even cut those players we wouldnt have money to field a team

be mad all you want but their is a line between frustration, Madden, and no concept for the cap ......
Your suggestions suggest you have no concept for the cap

I may be off a bit. From what I have learned about the cap is we can't rebuild till about 2016 or 2017. Lets take our lumps now for a couple years and start now. Is any fan ready for another 4 years of this crap just to rebuild then.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt ......

I saw how TO destroyed you house ....... And ours ....

I'd fucking root for yall to do it

2 #1s ..... You DAMN RIGHT I WOULD

You dont get two #1's for losing a FA. I think the most you can be compensated is a #3.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont get two #1's for losing a FA. I think the most you can be compensated is a #3.

Twist is not talking about the return from a Free Agent. He and I were talking about TWO 1st's like we gave up for Roy Williams.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

who said anything about losing a FA? Dez isn't a FA next year.

I was talking about a trade.

Next year is the final year of his contract.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be off a bit. From what I have learned about the cap is we can't rebuild till about 2016 or 2017. Lets take our lumps now for a couple years and start now. Is any fan ready for another 4 years of this crap just to rebuild then.

because the lumps you want to take cant be taken. Thats why I said you dont understand the cap.

you still have to pay them. what to you plan to use to pay the rest of the roster? You can't pay them with fruit loops :L

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you are following my point. Without looking at his contract. if Lee restructures and converts $7M from salary into a signing bonus next Summer...He gets $7M immediately. The fact that he has never before had a big contract would make this even more desirable.