• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our 2014 Cap

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you are following my point. Without looking at his contract. if Lee restructures and converts $7M from salary into a signing bonus next Summer...He gets $7M immediately. The fact that he has never before had a big contract would make this even more desirable.

but why would you do that? Unless you think he could play a full season? and that would save what 500,000 on the cap? Just wouldnt make sense to me

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be off a bit. From what I have learned about the cap is we can't rebuild till about 2016 or 2017. Lets take our lumps now for a couple years and start now. Is any fan ready for another 4 years of this crap just to rebuild then.

If Dallas tried to clean house this season as you suggest I don't think we'd have the cap space to field a team. The best option right now is to ride this team out for 2 more seasons then cleaning house may be an option.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dallas tried to clean house this season as you suggest I don't think we'd have the cap space to field a team. The best option right now is to ride this team out for 2 more seasons then cleaning house may be an option.

you couldnt do it anyway

NFL has an 80% rule. It's not like baseball where you can field a 30 million team vs a 250 million team

Thats why we all yelled about the penalty the Cowboys and Skins got. Guiltiest team that year was Tampa Bay.... who did the opposite and low balled so the owner put the extra in his pocket.

Thats why Tampa is getting all the high dollar free agents they could find

players on your team have to make up 80% of the cap. Withut doing the math ... means you couldn't go over roughly 26 million in dead money

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you couldnt do it anyway

NFL has an 80% rule. It's not like baseball where you can field a 30 million team vs a 250 million team

Thats why we all yelled about the penalty the Cowboys and Skins got. Guiltiest team that year was Tampa Bay.... who did the opposite and low balled so the owner put the extra in his pocket.

Thats why Tampa is getting all the high dollar free agents they could find

players on your team have to make up 80% of the cap. Withut doing the math ... means you couldn't go over roughly 26 million in dead money

I may be wrong but doesn't the 80% just limit large pay raises for an individual player? Does it limit a team from dropping the 53man roster at all.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be wrong but doesn't the 80% just limit large pay raises for an individual player? Does it limit a team from dropping the 53man roster at all.

Im not sure if you are required to have X amouint of players on the roster

Just that 97.6 million HAS TO BE spent on players on the current roster

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the limit is the amount of dead money you can have

If it was easy ... when teams blew things up they would cut/trade everyone ... and put a team of UDFAs on the field which would certainly give them the number one pick for a couple of years

Thats why the NFL has that rule

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the new CBA still include a CAP floor? I'm too lazy to look it up.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the new CBA still include a CAP floor? I'm too lazy to look it up.

that is the cap floor 97.6 million

you cant spend less than that on your current active roster in any year.

That allows you a max of 24.4 million in dead money max

Some of these guys you literally can't cut

like next year we already have 11 million in dead money
There would be no way possible to cut Romo and fit it under the cap .... That's why it is dumb IMO for people to keep talking about it

thats what Washington got in trouble for.
They didnt go sign guys and go over the cap. They cut Haynesworth ..... paid him like 40 million to leave in one year

Last edited by a moderator:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason IMO the Bucs were worse than the Cowboys or skins was they played that season only spending around 60 (littlle over) and the owner pocketed the rest

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess an easier way to have explained it would have been to say .....

You can't have 50 million in dead money and 72 million being paid to the active roster.

that 97.6 has to be spent on the active roster

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This honestly has just been more depressing news for me regarding this team. I appreciate you explining it though twist. From everything I gather, to win consistently in the is league you have to have certain qualities.

1. a great offensive coach - this has yet to be determined. What I mean by this is Sean Peyton, Andy Reid, etc.

2. A great - top 5 qb - we dont have this either- Brady, Manning, Brees will usually keep their team in the hunt no matter who they have. Now combine Brees and Payton and you have serious possiblities.

3. A good young qb that hasnt had the big payday yet- Wilson, Kapernick come to mind- of course ours is 33

4. A good solid defense at every level- 49ers, Ravens in the past, Seahawks, Pittsburgh in the past. Of course we dont have this either.

We really have none. Maybe the bud lights are flowing and iM RANTING but Im worried

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean lets hypothetically build the perfect team. Will Allen another big play for the Steelers as Im typing. I mean most of us say draft but then look at it. How many hacks that have been picked in the top 3 rounds have we gone through since the season started. I know injuries hurt them but really. . The way this thing is set up - you play the Raven way- which by the way they will never win another one.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats wrong with how the Ravens play? They just won the Superbowl LOL

As far as the Saints go .... they are over the cap next year as well

I think Denver is over as well

The way to build is pretty simple. blue collar guys.
What kills us and anyone else that tries it is going out in the offseason getting high priced free agents. Or even over paying your own.
A team can handle maybe 3 top payed guys.
Dallas has more than a handful of upper paid guys and a roster of sub par guys ....

Dumb moves by the Cowboys ..... Spencer had ONE good year .... and everyone was screaming find a way to keep him .....
well that 10 million could have rolled over to next year........ Damn near solved the cap issue right there..... but instead he's the highest paid guy on the sidelines.

You see it now with everyone wanting to find a way to keep Hatcher. Having his best year.... people saying find a way to keep him.
It's a fact of football.... you have to know when to let go of some guys...... Jerry always hangs on too long

He and this fan base over rate this team more than any media outlet

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean lets hypothetically build the perfect team. Will Allen another big play for the Steelers as Im typing. I mean most of us say draft but then look at it. How many hacks that have been picked in the top 3 rounds have we gone through since the season started. I know injuries hurt them but really. . The way this thing is set up - you play the Raven way- which by the way they will never win another one.

Neither will we I'm afraid.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats wrong with how the Ravens play? They just won the Superbowl LOL

As far as the Saints go .... they are over the cap next year as well

I think Denver is over as well

The way to build is pretty simple. blue collar guys.
What kills us and anyone else that tries it is going out in the offseason getting high priced free agents. Or even over paying your own.
A team can handle maybe 3 top payed guys.
Dallas has more than a handful of upper paid guys and a roster of sub par guys ....

Dumb moves by the Cowboys ..... Spencer had ONE good year .... and everyone was screaming find a way to keep him .....
well that 10 million could have rolled over to next year........ Damn near solved the cap issue right there..... but instead he's the highest paid guy on the sidelines.

You see it now with everyone wanting to find a way to keep Hatcher. Having his best year.... people saying find a way to keep him.
It's a fact of football.... you have to know when to let go of some guys...... Jerry always hangs on too long

He and this fan base over rate this team more than any media outlet

I seriously think they overpaid for an above average QB , much like us , that will never win again especially in that division. Like I said Peyton, Brady can punch their tickets to the playoffs each yr. Both have played in weak divisions for yrs. The Ravens have won it with Flacco and Dilfer.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again fellow Boyz fans, Im spouting right now. Big day- have to feel good for the game

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really look at how New England builds.
Only Superstar receiver they have had was Moss.... and they got him on the cheap cause he cashed it in on the Raiders

Welker wanted a big contract .... gone
Brady is their superstar on offence VW on defense .....
Gronk is on a rookie contract
and they are consistantly winning.
where as we have
Romo has a big contract
Witten a big contract
Austin's was big ( we got in trouble for paying alot of that off)
Dez is going to demand a big contract
Lee just got a huge contract for a middle Linebacker
Ware has a huge contract
and Carr has a huge contract
and Free has a hefty one .... even though it's been reduced

Too many superstars npt enough blue collar ......

but hey it sells Jerseys and keeps you in the media .....

on the field it only works if you pick that team in fantasy football

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reason I say blue collar guys is because an average running back looks real damn good behind a solid O-line and par Linebackers look pretty damn good behind a solid D-line

us old school guys always preach build from the trenches ....... and looks like we are finally trying to
Thats why I was sooooooo fucking happy with the Frederick pick

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but then we follow that up with a TE. I really appreciate your insight though twist..

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GODDAMN WHAT A PLAY

haha im watching the Buc Lions game

Detroit had it won.... in field goal range .... throw to Johnson he gets popped ... INT Tampa

yeah I know that dont belong here ... happened as I was about to type something else