• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only issue with last night was the Ed Sheeran cameo

Please let's not start with that unnecessary garbage

I think Ed and his mates are about to become Scooby snacks. Errr Nymeria snacks

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you are in the minority if Twitter is any indicator, but I personally really liked him as some levity since all the main characters (Dani, Jon, Sansa, Cersei) are a brooding lot on a good day.

I see your point. I am down on Johnny Depp these days, so the similarity struck me the wrong way. Everyone needs a little levity, and you are right, no one is bringing it to the table these days. From here on out, everything is going to be dark, so a little respite will be welcome.

Also, "Sam and the Bedpans" would be a great band name.

We might want to also trademark "Sam and the Chamber Pots", just in case someone tries to sneak around us.

Apparently the Wall is tumbling down. Soon. And it starts at Eastwatch. I was expecting a earthquake-like tremor when Bran passed through the gate and a look of "oh shit, what have I done?" on Edd's face. But maybe the Internet speculation about "Bran was touched by the Night King so when he passes through the Wall, it will lose all its magic and allow the Night King to destroy it" was inaccurate.

I never bought that theory either. Crazy ass theory of mine. Bran is actually Brandon the Builder, and when the Night King tries to cross over the Wall, Bran gets the idea of destroying the Wall in the hopes he crushes and kills the Night King and his army. That would be in S7 E7, and guess what, it doesnt work. The Night King emerges from the rubble with his Army. Fade to Black and wait for S8

/brought to you from the guy who called Holtby a sieve. So take it for what it is worth.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winter has come for House Frey!

giphy.gif

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have anything against Ed Sheeran ... ambivalent towards him and his music ... big meh from me :noidea:

but yah ... not a big fan of the fanboy cameos ... UNLESS ....

We see Clegane come upon a singing Ed Sheeran and Clegane slits his throat and says "shut it cvnt"

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point. I am down on Johnny Depp these days, so the similarity struck me the wrong way. Everyone needs a little levity, and you are right, no one is bringing it to the table these days. From here on out, everything is going to be dark, so a little respite will be welcome.

To be fair... (pauses, looks around)... we haven't even heard any dialogue from the Night King yet. That guy could be hilarious for all we know.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have anything against Ed Sheeran ... ambivalent towards him and his music ... big meh from me :noidea:

but yah ... not a big fan of the fanboy cameos ... UNLESS ....

We see Clegane come upon a singing Ed Sheeran and Clegane slits his throat and says "shut it cvnt"

Ed Sheeran made a very convincing map of Westoros though. I couldn't even tell that was a person the whole time.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved the first episode.

Knew we'd see Jorah at the Citadel. My guess is he's Sam's in with Dany and the dragon glass.

Sheeran's cameo took me out of that scene.

When does Gendry make his triumphant return? I was thinking he'd come back from his travels and know how to forge Valeryian steel. Could still happen but the Dragon Glass reveal makes me think they go another route.

Does the Many Faced God get angry with Arya for abusing her power?

The Hound is the best.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When does Gendry make his triumphant return? I was thinking he'd come back from his travels and know how to forge Valeryian steel. Could still happen but the Dragon Glass reveal makes me think they go another route.

I think we'll see Gendry next week. The title of the episode is "Storm Born" which mostly refers to Daenerys, but it could refer to Gendry too since Storm's End was the Baratheon ancestral home.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the Many Faced God get angry with Arya for abusing her power?

I have my own views on who/what the "Many Faced God" is. My answer would be "no". Jaquen on the other hand, might be a little pissed about Arya's theft of techniques, but the "God", nah.

/the MFG is not a "God" in the traditional sense of an omnipotent deity

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am probably the only person on the planet who did not know who Ed Sheeran was/is. So his cameo did not detract from the scene. I was more focused on "Arya you d-@$$, after all you have gone through, how can you sit down with some Lannister boys?". And "seriously, do you think you can take care of all 8 of them by yourself?". The dark-haired guy practically lipped his lips when she walked up.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When does Gendry make his triumphant return?

Although we saw Nymeria in the trailer for next week, it is entirely possible that Gendry (who in the books was last seen in the same Riverlands) shows up to help her with the Lannister boys.

There is a lot of speculation that Arya will be diverted from her current path to Kings Landing, and head north to Winterfell. Gendry could be the guy to talk some sense into her. Especially if he is coming from Kings Landing and can give Arya some current intel on the situation there.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder when Oberyn is coming back...I assume they took him to a Patient First or some place like that

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get what the big deal is about Ed Sheeran's cameo. It was only a few minutes long. I knew who he was but don't know a single song he sings, but I just didn't care that he was in it.

Apparently he''s had to shut down his Twitter account because of the trolls.

Loved the episode. When I grow up I hope to be as badass as Arya Stark and Lyanna Mormont.

:thumb:

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get what the big deal is about Ed Sheeran's cameo. It was only a few minutes long. I knew who he was but don't know a single song he sings, but I just didn't care that he was in it.

Loved the episode. When I grow up I hope to be as badass as Arya Stark and Lyanna Mormont.

I had no idea who he was, so I obviously didn't notice anything strange about that scene. But I agree, I don't see why it's that big a deal.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had no idea who he was, so I obviously didn't notice anything strange about that scene. But I agree, I don't see why it's that big a deal.

Same here. I never heard anything by him but knew who he was. Didnt bug me, unless he ends up winning the *looks at camera* Game Of Thrones.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least for me with Ed Sheeran, it wasn't that he was bad by any means just that he's so well known it was distracting. It's like Justin Timberlake when he tries to act, I can't get past the fact it's Justin Timberlake. I guess that's more a me problem than anything.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least for me with Ed Sheeran, it wasn't that he was bad by any means just that he's so well known it was distracting. It's like Justin Timberlake when he tries to act, I can't get past the fact it's Justin Timberlake. I guess that's more a me problem than anything.

for me, Justin Timberlake can act so when i see him in something, Im not taken aback by it.

Its just that with Ed Sheeran, it seemed almost a jump the shark moment for me. This guy isnt an actor (aside from the cameos) and they tailored the scene to him, having him sing. If it was any other nobody actor in his role, I would have watched that scene and thought to myself, they didnt really need this scene in the episode.

Leaves me asking ... whats next ... Lebron on a future GOT episode playing an ancient Mayan type ball game with severed heads :noidea:

/just all seemed corny to me :noidea:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for me, Justin Timberlake can act so when i see him in something, Im not taken aback by it.

Its just that with Ed Sheeran, it seemed almost a jump the shark moment for me. This guy isnt an actor (aside from the cameos) and they tailored the scene to him, having him sing. If it was any other nobody actor in his role, I would have watched that scene and thought to myself, they didnt really need this scene in the episode.

Leaves me asking ... whats next ... Lebron on a future GOT episode playing an ancient Mayan type ball game with severed heads :noidea:

/just all seemed corny to me :noidea:

I thought Lebron was pretty good in Amy Schumer's movie Trainwreck.

I wonder if they will get Shaq to defeat the Mountain.