• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the part I don't get. Last season they announced that they only have 13 episodes of material left to work with, which doesn't seem like much considering everything that's left to be wrapped up...

The Walking Dead could have turned that into 5 more seasons.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
daily-morning-awesomeness-40-photos-2109.jpg

Don't answer that! Trick question! Whoever gets the most votes is the next Stark to die. He hasn't finished the next book!

GRRM is a sick SOB

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the part I don't get. Last season they announced that they only have 13 episodes of material left to work with, which doesn't seem like much considering everything that's left to be wrapped up, but figured they sounded pretty certain about it so they must have it all mapped out. But now we are told the final season might not come out until 2019 because the writers need more time for the final season? If they need so much extra time for the final season it doesn't seem like they are very close to having it all wrapped up so how can they be so certain about how many episodes worth of material they have left?

I really don't think it is budget either but something doesn't really make sense to me about all of this.

I think part of it is the (attempt to) time the TV series with the book releases. Its a fine line, the books shouldnt get ahead (spoilers) but once the show is over, fear is that interest in books will fall off a cliff.

I agree, there is a lot left to wrap up. Keep in mind though that most all of the 13 remaining episodes are planned to be > 1 hour each in length, and the final seasons is being described as "cinematic", suggesting more like 6 movies.

I hope they can deliver.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious (and not worthy of a "Poll").

We all know that "all men must die" and this show does not try to change that inevitability. Rather then speculate on "who's next?", who is the one character you would absolutely hate to see offed?

Mine is a bit of an odd one. For me, it would be Sam Tarly. His is the one character I will genuinely be saddened to see go.

Some I look forward to their demise,
Others won't be a surprise.
I would hate to see any Stark child depart,
But Sam Tarly's death would break my heart.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious (and not worthy of a "Poll").

We all know that "all men must die" and this show does not try to change that inevitability. Rather then speculate on "who's next?", who is the one character you would absolutely hate to see offed?

Mine is a bit of an odd one. For me, it would be Sam Tarly. His is the one character I will genuinely be saddened to see go.

Some I look forward to their demise,
Others won't be a surprise.
I would hate to see any Stark child depart,
But Sam Tarly's death would break my heart.

I hope Sam dies with very little fanfare in Episode 1. Like, trips and bonks his head. Just to remind us that nobody is safe!

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Sam dies with very little fanfare in Episode 1. Like, trips and bonks his head. Just to remind us that nobody is safe!

:pound:How else would he die? In battle? No chance!

He would probably prefer being smothered by a ton of books falling off the shelves in the Citadel.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that if needed they will finish in a 2 episode season that would air some time in 2024.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Characters that I don't want to see die that I think have a good chance of dying this season would be:

Littlefinger
Lord Commander Edd
Theon
Randyll Tarley
Grey Worm (no idea why but I kind of like him)

I think Sam will survive until the end. I saw some theories that suggest he is narrating the whole thing. I hope that part is not true. It wouldn't really make sense if it were. It would make zero sense for the books and not much more for the show.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sam will survive until the end. I saw some theories that suggest he is narrating the whole thing. I hope that part is not true. It wouldn't really make sense if it were. It would make zero sense for the books and not much more for the show.

GRRM is acknowledged to be a huge Tolkien/LOTR fan, The parallels between Sam Tarly and Sam Gamgee are pretty clear. Based on that, I agree he will be in it to the end.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was not a huge season 5 fan so agreed with a number of those being in the bottom 10 (Hardhome really saved that season in my opinion).

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Bran returns to Winterfell and Littlefinger tries to finish the job he paid the cutpurse in Season 1
2. Arya takes care of Littlefinger. Permanently.
3. Cersei somehow survives to Season 8, escaping by sea with Euron, leaving Jamie crying at the dock
4. Dany takes over the Seven Kingdoms but gives Jon a "Wizard of Oz" type quest. Go get me the broom of the wicked witch of the West, errr, go get me proof of the existence of White Walkers and the Night King
5. Davos tries to kill Melisandre, but finds out "that which is dead can never die". Sorry Onion Knight, I did like ya...
6. Sam's dad comes a callin' for his sword, but is touched by Jorah and turns into stone. No one is upset.
8. The Mountain impersonates Braden Holtby when the Sand Snakes put more holes in him then a piece of Swiss Cheese
7. Notable deaths: Yara Greyjoy, Davos, Tormund, Peter Baelisch, the Mountain, Grandma Tyrell, and a couple of Sand Snakes.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Bran returns to Winterfell and Littlefinger tries to finish the job he paid the cutpurse in Season 1
2. Arya takes care of Littlefinger. Permanently.
3. Cersei somehow survives to Season 8, escaping by sea with Euron, leaving Jamie crying at the dock
4. Dany takes over the Seven Kingdoms but gives Jon a "Wizard of Oz" type quest. Go get me the broom of the wicked witch of the West, errr, go get me proof of the existence of White Walkers and the Night King
5. Davos tries to kill Melisandre, but finds out "that which is dead can never die". Sorry Onion Knight, I did like ya...
6. Sam's dad comes a callin' for his sword, but is touched by Jorah and turns into stone. No one is upset.
8. The Mountain impersonates Braden Holtby when the Sand Snakes put more holes in him then a piece of Swiss Cheese
7. Notable deaths: Yara Greyjoy, Davos, Tormund, Peter Baelisch, the Mountain, Grandma Tyrell, and a couple of Sand Snakes.
Nobody's killing my boy Baelish! His Throne game is way strong.

Baelish will marry the dragon lady after she loses half her army to seasickness and scurvy and their horse cargo boat is hijacked by Comeds and needs assistance.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody's killing my boy Baelish! His Throne game is way strong.

Baelish will marry the dragon lady after she loses half her army to seasickness and scurvy and their horse cargo boat is hijacked by Comeds and needs assistance.

Comeds = Varys? Freudian slip?

/its why he supports the anti-masturbation in the workplace movement :nod:

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can honestly say, if the Leafs trade Matthews, Marner and Nylander for Clarkson this Sunday at 9EDT/8CDT, I just wont care.